My blackberry will not charge if I plug into a wall adaptor (what it comes with) or an external powersource (like a powertube). However it will charge and hold a charge if I plug into a computer. Does anyone what is going on and how to get it to charge normally (by plugging into the wall or a powertube)? Thanks to anyone who can help.
    04-05-16 09:19 PM
    My blackberry will not charge if I plug into a wall adaptor (what it comes with) or an external powersource (like a powertube). However it will charge and hold a charge if I plug into a computer. Does anyone what is going on and how to get it to charge normally (by plugging into the wall or a powertube)? Thanks to anyone who can help.
    Are you using the USB cables that came with the wall adapter and external battery with those devices?
    Is one of those cables also what you use to connect to a computer?
    If you are using different cables for the different charge sources, then maybe the cables on the "bad" charge sources are bad.
    04-06-16 09:45 AM
    It will charge with different cables, but only if its plugged into the computer. I tried swapping out my battery for a battery of a family member. His battery would charge in his blackberry, but not when it was in my blackberry.
    04-06-16 09:36 PM
    Hum.... I wonder if the USB socket on your Q10 has a damaged "pin" and that it is somehow using the data part of the USB cable to charge instead of the power part. That may explain why it works in a computer USB port, as it has all four pins in use, and not in a wall charger or external battery pack, as they only use two power pins.
    04-07-16 05:35 AM
    Hum.... I wonder if the USB socket on your Q10 has a damaged "pin" and that it is somehow using the data part of the USB cable to charge instead of the power part. That may explain why it works in a computer USB port, as it has all four pins in use, and not in a wall charger or external battery pack, as they only use two power pins.
    I don't understand your response. Could you please explain it? Also, this may change the answer. Recently I was traveling. In the hotel room there was a dedicated USB port/outlet attached close to the regular power outlets. I plugged the USB cable directly into the USB outlet, and it charged my blackberry.
    04-10-16 06:34 PM
    Use a magnifying glass or such and see what the inside of the USB socket looks like on your Q10, pay attention to the five gold stripes on the tab in the middle. If any of the stripes are bent, peeled up, or missing, that can be your issue and will require warranty service or repair/replacement.
    If there is any lint or dust bunnies built up inside of the port, that will require cleaning.

Generic USB socket:
    How can I fix a charging issue?-8cmokqv.jpg
    Last edited by DaFoxGrey; 04-11-16 at 06:17 PM.
    04-11-16 04:59 AM
    It is important to use "care" when plugging in USB cables. The terminal on the Blackberry, probably on all mobiles, is a potential weak spot for damage.
    A while back saw a USB CABLE that would plug into a mobile either way, not top or bottom. Have not seen it now. Seemed like a good idea.
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    04-11-16 11:50 AM