In an earlier post, I posted an issue regarding my Exchange account because I was seeing an invalid email address for me. (see: my earlier post )

I've contacted Exchange support. They assured me that the 'bogus' email address that I'm seeing isn't an alias for Exchange. They're not familiar with the BB10 phones. However, the person recommend that I delete the account on my Q10 and re-established the account and see if that will fix the issue.

I've made various screenshots of my Account settings. But before, I do this, my questions are:

1) Do I just simply go under Account and delete my Exchange Account? Or is there something else I should do? It seems too simple
    2) Tech support also recommend that I clear the cache on my phone. Is there a way to do that? I don't see any settings for that on my Q10.

Much thanks. I'm not an expert and don't normally mess with this kind of stuff.
    Ray
    06-02-14 04:41 PM
    Yes, going to Accounts and deleting that one is good. Then, do a reboot by pressing and holding down both volume up/down keys until the device powers down, powers up, and you see the startup animation (ignore the screen shot notification). That clears the cache as well.
    NewPreKnox likes this.
    06-02-14 05:59 PM
    Yes, going to Accounts and deleting that one is good. Then, do a reboot by pressing and holding down both volume up/down keys until the device powers down, powers up, and you see the startup animation (ignore the screen shot notification). That clears the cache as well.
    Thanks!
    06-02-14 10:46 PM
    It would have been easier to help if you kept the conversation in one thread.

Anyways let us know if removing the account helps. In my experience it doesn't unless you shorten the sync. It's pulling that address from an email that's stored on your device somewhere. So if you have Exchange and it syncs that message again, you're going to see that address again.
    NewPreKnox likes this.
    06-03-14 12:44 AM
    It would have been easier to help if you kept the conversation in one thread.

Anyways let us know if removing the account helps. In my experience it doesn't unless you shorten the sync. It's pulling that address from an email that's stored on your device somewhere. So if you have Exchange and it syncs that message again, you're going to see that address again.
    Hey, I deleted my account and clear my cache. This help. It's not perfect, but it's less likely that I would be picking the wrong e-mail address for now. Before it was the first on the list. Now I have to put in some extra effort to pick the wrong one, but with me anything is possible. Sure would like to know where it's coming from, but for now, I'm going to let this be and move on.

Thanks for your time and patience. Appreciate it.
    06-05-14 05:55 PM
    07-18-14 05:17 PM