I am still doubting about what phone I will buy next. My Blackberry bold 9900 is still standing strong, but I do want to have a new phone in a little while.
    I'm still not sure what phone to buy, heck, I'm not even sure to buy a Blackberry next (Probably will be a Blackberry, but iOS and WP8 sometimes do look tempting).
    But I was hoping that the battery on the Q10 would be awesome (bold 9900 has just a little bit less juice then I would want it to have). But I have seeing mixed reviews actually. Some say it is really good, other say it is terrible (complete drain in 6-8 hours).
    I was wondering, can I survive a day with heavy use on the Q10?
    06-09-13 05:29 AM
    Hi, firstly I would totally advise you against getting a iPhone. You currently own a BlackBerry and coming from a Bold 9900 to a iPhone will be a BIG upset for you interms of what you can and cannot do with a iPhone, which was so simple with the BlackBerry.

Now, as it relates to battery life.. I received my Q10 and like an excited child I used it like CRAZY. The battery died after 8 hours. I then charged it over night and resume use in the morn. The phone then lasted the entire day and half of the next.. thats a total of 18 hours. During that time I was on 5 extensive phone calls, countless emails and web access. In short, I think the battery life on the Q10 is the LONGEST that I have yet to experience on any smart phone.

Go for a Q10, you will not be disappointed.
    06-09-13 05:36 AM
    I got my Q10 on day one with T-Mobile and love it. The battery last a little over a day and that's what I needed. These new smartphones from Android and iOS all need 2 be charged twice in one day which is a big turn off. My old Curve 8900 and Bold 9870 use to last close to 3 days with heavy use and I got accustom to that. I'm just happy this last over 1 day.

It's hard to leave a full qwerty keyboard for a touch screen phone and Blackberry has really perfected the ease of use with typing on the Bold keyboards. Don't feel pressured by society to get Android or iOS. Blackberry forever!
    06-09-13 06:00 AM
    Hi, firstly I would totally advise you against getting a iPhone. You currently own a BlackBerry and coming from a Bold 9900 to a iPhone will be a BIG upset for you interms of what you can and cannot do with a iPhone, which was so simple with the BlackBerry.

Now, as it relates to battery life.. I received my Q10 and like an excited child I used it like CRAZY. The battery died after 8 hours. I then charged it over night and resume use in the morn. The phone then lasted the entire day and half of the next.. thats a total of 18 hours. During that time I was on 5 extensive phone calls, countless emails and web access. In short, I think the battery life on the Q10 is the LONGEST that I have yet to experience on any smart phone.

Go for a Q10, you will not be disappointed.
    Thank you for your answer.
    I know there will be a lot I loose with iOS (for me the most important things is the keyboard), but you do have stability (Bold 9900 act sometimes really weird and I have to reboot it constantly), and there are some apps (I don't really care so much about them, but every know and then my brother has an app that looks really cool, and I don't).

I'm a bit afraid of buying a Q10 because of all the threads about bad battery life and reboots. But if the Q10 has a really good battery life, good keyboard and is stable, i'm pretty sure that will be my next phone.
    06-09-13 06:03 AM
    I got my Q10 on day one with T-Mobile and love it. The battery last a little over a day and that's what I needed. These new smartphones from Android and iOS all need 2 be charged twice in one day which is a big turn off. My old Curve 8900 and Bold 9870 use to last close to 3 days with heavy use and I got accustom to that. I'm just happy this last over 1 day.

It's hard to leave a full qwerty keyboard for a touch screen phone and Blackberry has really perfected the ease of use with typing on the Bold keyboards. Don't feel pressured by society to get Android or iOS. Blackberry forever!
    I'm not pressured at all! I really love my phone, and a very important part for me is the keyboard. Even if I can type as fast on other keyboards, there is nothing like the sound and touch of a real keyboard in my opinion!

I was hoping for a little bit better actually. My old curve 9300 could last for 2 days without problems, and 3 to 4 days if I was really conservative with it. My bold can't, it is nearly impossible to make it last 2 days. I was hoping the Q10 could at least 2 days with low to moderate use.
    06-09-13 06:08 AM
    On my Z, my phone would die between 1600 and 2000 depending on usage.
    On my Q, except for the first day, it's never died before midnight.
    Just my usage of course.
    06-09-13 06:16 AM
    My Q10 battery life for the first two weeks was just awful. It lasted four hours, tops. The battery also got really hot. I was constantly having to plug it in. I was going to return it.

Then, it just seemed to settle in. Now, I get 18 hours easily with some serious Qwerty use. Most days, I plug the Q10 in at 10 pm and have 30-40% battery charge left. And that's after a 5 am start. I have not had any issues whatsoever with reboots or freezing. I am a blackberry diehard, have been for years now. This is the best one I have ever owned. I personally hate the whole iOS ecosystem. I tried it on an iPad for three months, bailed and got a Playbook instead. That too has been a rock solid device for me.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 06:18 AM
    Battery life for me has been very good, but not excellent. I don't believe people who claim over 2 days - they must not be using their phone.

The best I managed was 19-20 hours with 7-8 hours idle while I slept. I used the phone a bit less than I normally do in that time.

On average for me it lasts me one day, and I plug it in at night when I go to bed. I am a heavy user - people always joke about how I'm always on my phone. I whatsapp a lot during the day (I find whatsapp a little heavy on the battery compared to BBM), make a few phone calls and browse twitter, the web a bit and have 4 e-mail accounts running and 2 are very active. It would last about 14 hours with quite heavy use this way.

If I play intensive games as well as the above, it can be getting low in maybe 8 hours. But I mean really heavy use, with not much screen off time. But it's still good for a powerful smart phone (compared to the old BB hardware, no wonder we got better battery life!).

I have since bought a second battery ahead of my road trip through America, where I'l only be using the phone with WiFi for e-mail and whatsapp, so with light use I'll be able to go for 4 days on those 2 batteries I think.

Hope this helps.
    06-09-13 06:29 AM
    I hammer my mobile phones. I use over 5000 mins a month (only M-F). Have only made two one min calls this weekend. I use camera, Web, emails, and texts too.

The iPhone always needs charged around lunch and then at night. The BlackBerry can go a full day.

This weekend I charged Sat morn and after camera, text, and crackberry updates, I still have 42% Sunday morning.

Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 06:31 AM
    Thanks everyone for the replies.
    So, from the looks of it, it can last a day with really heavy use, so probably 2 days with light use?
    06-09-13 06:37 AM
    You can always turn the phone to 2G to save battery life. That always helps. I've turned it to 2G a few times and it last longer.

I remember my 9900 had horrible battery life. I read somewhere 2 delete the RSS feeder icon 2 make the battery last longer and I did. Guess what, it worked. 9900 lasted a bit longer without RSS feeder. I don't even know what that is, but clearly I didn't need it.
    06-09-13 06:42 AM
    I tried Android and the larger screen and apps was nice, but that doesn't do it 4 me in the long run. At the end of the day, I use my phone 4 texting and emailing a lot and that virtual on screen keyboard did nothing 4 me. There was always problems and I'd hit the right letter, but the letter next 2 it would go off. Just made texting really troublesome.
    ckrusen66 likes this.
    06-09-13 06:47 AM
    You can always turn the phone to 2G to save battery life. That always helps. I've turned it to 2G a few times and it last longer.

I remember my 9900 had horrible battery life. I read somewhere 2 delete the RSS feeder icon 2 make the battery last longer and I did. Guess what, it worked. 9900 lasted a bit longer without RSS feeder. I don't even know what that is, but clearly I didn't need it.
    Wow, are you serious about that? The problem is that I use my RSS feeder a lot. It's probably in the top 5 of things I use (text and mail, calendar, music, rss feeds).
    I already have set my 9900 on 2G, I don't really start browsing heavy on my phone anyway.
    06-09-13 06:48 AM
    I don't even know what RSS did.
    06-09-13 06:50 AM
    Honestly, battery life on the Q10 is the best thing it has going for it and probably the main reason I'm still using it.

You can get through the day easily without worrying.

Posted on my Q10.......while on the can
    06-09-13 07:02 AM
    First of all if you like your 9900, you will love the Q10, they're worlds apart! The battery life of the Q was really bad when i first got it I'm an extremely heavy user, networks around here can be dodgy, switching between 3G+, 3G, EDGE and even sometimes gsm, so the phone is always working overtime searching for signals, so this always affected the battery life. However after the latest leaked Q10 update, every single issue was sorted, battery life is just ace, pretty much lasts the whole day now.
    06-09-13 07:05 AM
    I don't even know what RSS did.
    For me it is an easy way to see twitter messages and see headlines of the sites I follow (like Crackberry, news, ...)
    Honestly, battery life on the Q10 is the best thing it has going for it and probably the main reason I'm still using it.
    Do you think it is a bad device?
    06-09-13 07:05 AM
    That's what RSS is, huh? Isn't that the purpose of the heavily touted "Blackberry Hub" for? Doesn't it do the same thing as RSS Feeder?

I miss being able 2 hide icons. I wish that feature and OS5 ringers came back.
    06-09-13 07:15 AM

Can you explain this in more detail? What exactly will the OP not be able to do on a Iphone ?
    06-09-13 07:34 AM
    12-20 hours for me.
    06-09-13 07:57 AM
    That's what RSS is, huh? Isn't that the purpose of the heavily touted "Blackberry Hub" for? Doesn't it do the same thing as RSS Feeder?

Can you do that in the Hub? As far as I know you can't receive rss in the hub.
    06-09-13 10:03 AM

No RSS is quite different and the hub doesn't handle RSS. RSS basically puts all your feeds from various blogs into one place so you can read them all there without having to go to individual websites or apps to read them. I'm subscribed to like 8 blogs, imagine having 8 blogs that are pumping in feeds on the go into your hub. Cnet alone can spew out 200 feeds or more in a single day!
    06-09-13 10:40 AM
    It's really good on my T-Mobile model.

From 8 pm to 1 am last night with heavy usage (Look at all the spikes), I was down to 77%.

06-09-13 10:47 AM

When I had my iPhone 5 I had to charge it thrice a day and that's with barely using it and all apps closed.

blame it on the latest iOS 6.1.3 before that it was a once a day charge but still, an iPhone or a Galaxy has no room for competition with BlackBerry's batteries!
    06-09-13 11:19 AM
    My Iphone 5 last all day. Must be how you use it as my Z10 is about the same.
    06-09-13 11:55 AM
27 12