So, a couple weeks ago when i got my phone out of my purse, the screen was on and the phone was really warm . Since then, it will not hold a charge at all. The battery drains more then half overnight. I have a vague recollection of someone having this issue before.
    I let the phone drain to nothing, and pulled it overnight to do a hard restart.

Is it just never going to get better?
    08-31-14 05:51 PM
    It won't get better till you reload the OS.
    That's what I had to do. There is something running in the background. Reload the OS and don't restore. You should be running cool and no battery drain!
    08-31-14 05:55 PM
    It won't get better till you reload the OS.
    That's what I had to do. There is something running in the background. Reload the OS and don't restore. You should be running cool and no battery drain!
    All the work. :-)

Maybe he just try a wipe and partial restore with the new BlackBerry Link features...

I do it when a bunch of like forty to a hundred Windows updates won't install in one go. Try and mark the first half, then the second, that way you can eliminate the one update that prevents the installation of the whole bunch from going through...

Haven't tested with the phones yet, but might be worth a try...

Any experiences with that yet?

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    08-31-14 06:16 PM
    If the OS reload does not work, then the heat may have damaged the battery. The batteries are cheap on Amazon and ebay.
    09-02-14 04:06 PM
    First of all, I'd get rid of the active Android ports/apps (skype is meant if it's my case), and/or may be a GPS-location-related App that changes settings of the device when enter/leave location... I sadly payed for this app, but had the same issue. After deleting/uninstalling the app, the phone was usable again!

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    09-02-14 04:25 PM
    Thanks for the help you guys. I think that i am not clever enough to do the wipe. Maybe i can hang in there til the Classic comes out.
    09-03-14 06:24 PM