Absolutely. When my previous Bold died, the Q10 was the obvious choice, since I'm a QWERTY guy. As to the double-typing issue, when it happens, it's been due to (my) "heavy fingers".

Posted via CB10
    riss89 likes this.
    07-02-14 06:44 PM
    One thing I forgot to say in my earlier reply. I do love my Q10 for it's small size and how it works for me. Other's obviously love or hate it for various reasons. I did not buy mine from a carrier. I did Amazon for an unlocked Q10 open box new handset. I think at the time I paid $195. That price is probably going lower now and even more so when new hardware launches. The Q10 could live on for a while as a low cost way to buy a no contract BB10 device with a small form factor.
    I've heard from many people and video reviews that it feels nice in the hand, good weight, size, and form factor. But I think you may be the first person I known of to call it "small". My iphone 4 is the biggest phone I've had, that and a Motorola Xprt. I've been trying to get good comparisons of size here --> BlackBerry Q10 vs Apple iPhone 5c - Visual phone size compare - and I was actually a bit concerned the Q10 would feel too big. Would you mind sharing what other phones you've used ? Just curious
    07-02-14 08:57 PM
    Sure, prior to the Q10 I carried an iphone 5s. The 5s was tall for me, just didn't feel right. Before that in reverse order ( iphone 4s, iphone 3gs, blackberry 8800, Blackberry 8700, BlackBerry Pearl, motorola razor). I can't remember before that lol.

Posted via CB10
    riss89 likes this.
    07-02-14 09:31 PM
    I have had numerous phones over the years (starting with the bag phone....) and have enjoyed my experience with the Q10. As mentioned numerous times, there is the occasional double typing but the lack of screen size is not an issue as the device is used for primarily for communication (email, text, bbm). The last iPhone I had (4S) was a nice toy but the issues with battery and the virtual keyboard left lots to be desired. If I want to watch videos or do some web surfing, I will use a laptop or tablet (I have a iPad, Android and PB to choose)
    07-02-14 10:06 PM
    From what can be gathered from the online research I've done, the Q10 is either loved, hated, or altogether ignored. I've been using an iphone 4 after my legacy BB was decommissioned and with only 30 days left on my contract I'll be switching both providers and devices. I've always been a qwerty girl but honestly with the inconsistency of happiness with Q10 users and the coming of iOS8, I'm having a hard time settling on which phone to go with.. It's between the iPhone 5C and Blackberry's Q10.. Any advice, relevant opinions, and insight into using the Q10 and all it can (and can't provide) is GREATLY appreciated
    In my opinion, I don't see the 5c being a good phone what so ever. It is an iphone 5 in a colored plastic case. Apple markets the 5c to be a "low end" apple device however they still price it fairly high. Even with that lower pricing, it's almost the same price as the Iphone 5, and it's plastic! Not even the glass they used for the rest of the Iphones.

I would pick the Q10 any day. You claim that you are a qwerty person therefore the Q10 would be perfect for you. Not only does the Q10 have a great keyboard, but it has a nice glass weave back cover that is more durable than glass. I personally don't like how Iphones shatter when they are dropped. They specs on the Q10 are very similar to the 5c and in most cases are actually better. If you are really considering the 5c, I would just go with the Iphone 5 because it has a better build quality and has the same specs.
    JesseBabe23 and riss89 like this.
    07-02-14 10:26 PM
    I don't love it but I don't hate itt either but I will say there is a 90% chance that I am not buying another BlackBerry phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-14 11:12 PM
    Absolutely NOT! I tried to love my Q10 and used it since new but I still go back to my BB9900 that fits my needs much better. There are too many reasons why I don't like my Q10 and I will not write them here. Maybe, just maybe I will like the upcoming Q20 but probably not either. My BB9900 is the right size, built nice, runs good, is dependable, and I just love the key press (I don't like the keypress on the Q10). I also have a Z10 and Z30 which I do like. But, the combo good for me is my "small" bb9900 and either a PB or Kindle Fire hdx. My BB9900 takes care of my communication needs while a tablet takes care of cruising the web stuff. Q10 is no help there. My Z10 and Z30 are sorta halfway between my BB9900 and my PB or my Kindle Fire HDX and this combo is good for on the go . At home, naturally I prefer a much larger screen for web cruising.
    Doesn't sound like her other choice works for you either.
    07-03-14 08:34 AM
    I use a Q10 for work and I like it allot. It's a natural upgrade from the 9930 and works very well. I haven't experienced the double typing issue myself.

If your contract is up for renewal and a free upgrade try out the Q10 and if you don't like it bring it back. I could be wrong but Verizon offers a 30 day return policy on nre phones.
    riss89 likes this.
    07-03-14 08:41 AM
    yeah, I'd do Q10 again. It's the best of the old BlackBerry feel and BB10. For someone that doesn't give a flip about a game it's perfect size as well.
    riss89 likes this.
    07-03-14 11:02 AM
    I would buy it again!! 4me it's all about the keyboard and form factor!

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 11:42 AM
    As an interloper here with an HTC One and BlackBerry Q5, I would say consider the combination of a cheap BlackBerry - like the Q5 or, if some are to be believed, the Classic - which you could buy outright, and use the upgrade for the iPhone. My daily driver is the Q5, but *I think* (and wouldn't want to put to the test!) that I could live without the Q5 more easily than without the HTC One - it's a great combination that gives you the best of both words.
    07-03-14 11:55 AM
    Absolutely yes, I would choose a Q10 again. Issues with double-typing and waiting for some OS features to mature have been annoying at times, but the comfortable form factor, the productivity, and the performance in such a small package are unmatched. Any wrinkles are progressively being ironed out, so I am confident that anything I get tomorrow will be better than what I have today.

Q10 ? The Other Crackberry Pirate ? Z30
    riss89 and ZayDub like this.
    07-03-14 12:08 PM
    I would buy it again!! 4me it's all about the keyboard and form factor!

Posted via CB10
    Speaking of form factor, did you ever feel the Q10 is on the big side ? Like compared to the legacy devices ? I was a little worried it would feel too large

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    ZayDub likes this.
    07-03-14 02:13 PM
    As an interloper here with an HTC One and BlackBerry Q5, I would say consider the combination of a cheap BlackBerry - like the Q5 or, if some are to be believed, the Classic - which you could buy outright, and use the upgrade for the iPhone. My daily driver is the Q5, but *I think* (and wouldn't want to put to the test!) that I could live without the Q5 more easily than without the HTC One - it's a great combination that gives you the best of both words.
    I've seen a lot of people all over the internet discussing having two phones. I've always found this a bit odd as I've never had or used more than one at a time. I like to find a good device that provides all my needs, at least within reason because there will always be something that one phone is missing that another phone has. There's something oddly satisfying with having everything you need in one place, probably more psychological than literal satisfaction but I'm okay with that lol

07-03-14 02:18 PM
    I love my Q10 actually sold it and bought it 3 times. Right now it's all I'm using its a great phone and now with android apps I have no reason to use 2 phones. The classic definitely seems like a better phone for me though I'm excited

Q10 Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 02:19 PM
    wait for the classic it has a trackpad, bb10 and keyboard.
    07-03-14 02:19 PM
    So many ppl love the Bold 99XX and while I've personally never tried it I don't see the need for both a trackpad and a touchscreen. I watched a video that a fellow Crackberrian posted about editing and selecting text with the Q10 and it seems more than doable. I figure if I can use an all-touch device it should be a problem to use a phone that has a touchscreen+qwerty. I wondered if a lot of people have given up on the Q10 too early. Had the majority of people given up on the learning curve for touchscreens the phone market would still be predominated by physical keyboards

goUSAFblue likes this.
    07-03-14 02:24 PM
    I prefer the q10 to any other bb10 so far. Size wise its probably the smallest of any of the phone released in the last year. Your coming from an iphone it should be a fairly easy transition for you, being used to all touch.
    07-03-14 02:27 PM
    I love my Q10, but buy it again for sure, no regrets here

-
    07-03-14 02:31 PM
    Absolutely the Q10 simply because of the stability and consistent performance. Obviously, being on CrackBerry you will experience a strong bias here toward the Q10, but overall, for the security, the comfort, the stability, the movement, flow, peek, the feeling of the white & blue, and in getting things done, the Q10 is without a doubt your daily driver or should be.

One of the most important elements you will rediscover on the beauty of the Q10 is the movement between apps when or whether you're pressed for time or not. A lot of people day-dream while using their mobile devices not knowing where to go, what to do next. But for comparison, using the 5C and the Q10, you have to consider what you're doing or planning on doing versus the movement between apps and getting things done a little faster, with a clean burn to bring things to fruition. The Classic and Passport are exciting devices coming up that if you used the Q10 now, lots of carriers will work with you knowing they are this close to getting the new devices and can upgrade you into the Classic and/or Passport if and where available. There are many inconsistencies and bugs, along with copying almost literally from BlackBerry many components you will see on the iOS8 that are readily available on BlackBerry 10.2.1 NOW, and 10.3 right around the corner, as if you can smell the aroma of freshly baked bread just out of the oven and ready. Forget about the devices for a moment and truly think about movement while you're working, checking messages, saving attachments and viewing them exceedingly fast; the ebb & flow between sharing faster and cleaner, the stability of a solid and secure BBM platform and all apps that stay open 24/7 on-call when needed.

Collectively take into account all of these critical elements, and the only functional choice would be and is the Q10. It's your comfort device, it's your personal device, it's your business device; its relative size, reasonable real-estate viewing, and quick-on-the-fly shortcuts makes it the standard by which other all-inclusive mobile devices are measured by. Even the weight is a considerable form factor as well. So I trust you'll do the right thing by believing that BlackBerry is really the right choice, for the right reasons. It's really who you are: well-grounded, productive, transforming your every-day simple to complex tasks all in a single device which defines who you are.
    riss89 and DS1331 like this.
    07-03-14 03:07 PM
    From what can be gathered from the online research I've done, the Q10 is either loved, hated, or altogether ignored. I've been using an iphone 4 after my legacy BB was decommissioned and with only 30 days left on my contract I'll be switching both providers and devices. I've always been a qwerty girl but honestly with the inconsistency of happiness with Q10 users and the coming of iOS8, I'm having a hard time settling on which phone to go with.. It's between the iPhone 5C and Blackberry's Q10.. Any advice, relevant opinions, and insight into using the Q10 and all it can (and can't provide) is GREATLY appreciated
    What are your most frequently used apps? That will help us recommend one device over the other.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 03:18 PM
    In terms of BlackBerry I went from a 9900 to a Q10, to a Z10n to a Z30, and now back to a Q10. Honestly I really do like the Q10 a lot, but it's probably my second favorite of the devices. The Z30 is hands down the best phone out there bar none and thus practically impossible to beat. The only real reason I'm back to my Q10 is that my screen is cracked on my Z30 and I can't find any verizon screens to replace it with. My Q10 is amazing and I love this device, but I do miss the Z30 and when I can fine a replacement screen I will be back with it.

The long and the short of it. YES I would absolutely purchase a Q10 again, it's a great device and so close to being on the level of the Z30 that I don't really feel that I HAVE to go buy another one. It's a solid phone.

Posted via CB10
    riss89 likes this.
    07-03-14 03:47 PM
    YES! Would a person just "buy" a device for the sake of it???
    07-03-14 03:57 PM
    YES! Would a person just buy a device for the sake of it without doing proper research?! Madness I tell you.
    07-03-14 03:59 PM
    Should I dare post something similar a third time..
    07-03-14 04:01 PM
227 12345 ...