From what can be gathered from the online research I've done, the Q10 is either loved, hated, or altogether ignored. I've been using an iphone 4 after my legacy BB was decommissioned and with only 30 days left on my contract I'll be switching both providers and devices. I've always been a qwerty girl but honestly with the inconsistency of happiness with Q10 users and the coming of iOS8, I'm having a hard time settling on which phone to go with.. It's between the iPhone 5C and Blackberry's Q10.. Any advice, relevant opinions, and insight into using the Q10 and all it can (and can't provide) is GREATLY appreciated
    It looks like you probably won't have the choice of a Q10 unless it comes from current stock. That I wouldn't necessarily recommend, even though I have loved my Q10 for 15 months (it keeps improving with each OS release), for one reason: double-typing. By most reports it affected the earliest devices like mine, but you don't necessarily know which batch you're going to get. In spite of the cloud of the keyboard fault, it has a beautiful silver lining: the Word Prediction on BlackBerry 10 is so far above anything on any other device, and that is why I still enjoy the Q10 so much. I mostly type one or two letters of each word (as I have in this sentence) and the rest is right at my fingertips. Nothing beats it.

If you enjoyed the legacy typing experience experience and the toolbelt, definitely hang on a little while for the Q20 /Classic.

If you can't wait that long because of your contract expiry, definitely consider the Z30. It also has the exceptional word prediction, and I can type almost as fast as on a physical keyboard, but offers so much more all around like killer sound and a great camera (yes, there are tricks!). I just finished a set of 1080p video interviews filmed in noisy locations day/night, and the audio and video quality is astounding even on a 60" screen.

Q10 ? The Other Crackberry Pirate ? Z30 | via CB10
    08-22-14 04:15 PM
    So..... now that I've had my Q10 for about a month... I have to say- I would undoubtedly, without hesitation, and with just as much anticipation & excitement.. Q10 again! Yes yes.

+-keystroke queen-+
    09-12-14 09:09 PM
    Yes go Q10. Have had my phone for over year. During this time it has been super with no issues. I am in the percent that have not had the double type, loose, nothing. I have only had a great experience. When the 730 came out. My wife ordered me one. Upset her with my remaining on the Q10. So my son sold it on Ebay. Lol.

Classic
    09-12-14 09:23 PM
    No once is enough for me. I like the phone, not the bb10 os. I like android customization and hackabilitty.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 09:46 PM
    I'm on my third month on my new Q10. Everything is sweet so far. I got a May 2013 indication on the box so I'm a bit nervous about the keyboard developing problems, but all's good so far.

At the price I paid for it, a little over a third of its launch price, I'd get another one in a heartbeat. Best qwerty phone I've had.

Posted via CB10
    sandvixito likes this.
    09-13-14 12:48 AM
    So..... now that I've had my Q10 for about a month... I have to say- I would undoubtedly, without hesitation, and with just as much anticipation & excitement.. Q10 again! Yes yes.

+-keystroke queen-+
    Glad that you finally picked it up and enjoying it! Good move!
    riss89 likes this.
    09-13-14 05:34 AM
    YES

Simple as..........

Q10 - 10.3.0.1154
    09-13-14 05:35 AM
    YES

Simple as..........

Q10 - 10.3.0.1154
    Yes but I may have just waited for the classic

Q10 Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 11:17 PM

+-keystroke queen-+
    Sweet! I've had my Q since about March. A few weeks ago I added a Z10 to my collection so that I could try 10.3 on a backup phone. I enjoyed 10.3 and the screen of the Z but ultimately I moved my sim back to my trusty Q. Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.3247

Posted via CB10
    riss89 likes this.
    09-17-14 08:15 AM

+-keystroke queen-+
    You made a wise and very informed decision!

I am typing this on a 16 month old Q10, and funny enough, it has only improved with age. The double-typing I was experiencing at 8-12 months has all but disappeared. Even with it, the predictive text made the problem into only a slight annoyance. I can't recall a single instance of it in the past week.

The battery is strong, the typing is fast and accurate, the camera takes amazing pictures, the phone feels good in the hand, the workflow is a cut above, the display is bright, and so is the future, with the added capabilities of 10.3.1 just around the corner.

Q10 ? The Other Crackberry Pirate ? Z30 | via CB10
    riss89 likes this.
    10-10-14 12:09 AM
    I'm having a two-way with the Q10 and Z30 now. They know of each other and so far ok with me going between them. :P

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 07:32 AM
    I would do it again! No doubt. My note2 was huge and I couldn't stand the virtual keyboard. I felt I was holding a brick! Lol this is so much more fitting for me. In love with my Q! I can see why BlackBerry users are so faithful.

Posted via CB10
    riss89 likes this.
    10-10-14 01:17 PM
    Just revisiting this thread. Since the original posting timeline I've moved from a Q10, first to a passport and more recently to a Classic. So far the Classic is the only phone I've loved as much as the old Q10. Anyone else made that switch?
    05-15-15 10:25 AM
    Nope, classic too big for pocket. If they had made it WITHOUT the tool-belt, I might consider it. But it has same internals as Q10.

I find the Q10 hard to beat and a natural successor to the Bold 9900 crown. Sorry BB.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 11:23 AM
    I wish I had stayed with my 9900, it was far easier to use single handed and did everything I needed in the palm of my hand.

Posted using 10.2.1, thankfully not 10.3.1
    05-15-15 11:45 AM
    Hope I don't need to but if I did, I 'd totally q10 again :-)

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 12:58 PM
    I wish I had jumped on the train sooner, as, I imagine, the build quality was better on the first devices.
    Right now, I'm on the verge of either staying on the old BB versions in the future (I won't disgrace such a wonderful device with a blocklist), or switching to Android (if they don't offer a viable solution to this... problem).

In hindsight? Awesome device, if I could travel back in time, I'd be one of the first to buy it.
    I mean, come on, OS flow, 60fps camera, this downright awesome notification sound (yes, I put everything on 3rd_party), this downright loathesome alarm clock song (this hint of binaurality gets me every time - both in a positive and in a negative way), the delightful balance between the openness of Android and the speed of iOS (... only until iOS including 6, that is.)...
    And Docs To Go. I really love this app.

So, yes.
    05-15-15 02:19 PM
    I switched to the Classic and love it. In my opinion it is all the Q10 could have and should have been.....

Posted Via Classic SQC100-4/10.3.1.2072 CB10
    05-15-15 05:03 PM
    Classic has no user-replaceable battery, a futile tool-belt and is glued together. I'd much rather have a Q10 or a Passport with a 4-row keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    HesSoStrange likes this.
    05-15-15 06:28 PM
    I went through 6 Q10. All developed severe. Double typing.

Say what you want about the toolbelt. I find the physical call end button irreplaceable. There is nothing worse than a frozen screen when you are trying to end a call with a virtual button. And the precision of a tiny arrow cursor in the browser allows me to click on things to small to click by touching even when zooming in. (those re the two toolbelt features that I find useful--others, no doubt, utilize other features...)

regarding the battery. Big deal. First of all battery life is much better than the Q10. Secondly if I am traveling and afraid my battery won't last (which hasn't happened yet). I carry a fully charged battery charger instead of the spare battery I carried and frequently needed on my Q10.

No clue what you mean by glued. The device is as solid and sturdy as any I have owned.

Posted Via Classic SQC100-4/10.3.1.2072 CB10
    Last edited by wbbeinuni; 05-18-15 at 03:57 AM.
    05-16-15 11:40 PM
    .... No clue what you mean by glued. The device is as solid and sturdy as any I have owned.
    Check , and you'll see what's meant by that. The Classic is a much more tricky take-apart than the Q10, and keyboard replacement looks considerably more difficult.
    05-18-15 05:57 PM
    Some people find the tool belt really helpful on the Classic. Some people even find it necessary. IMO it's outdated and unnecessary. The Classic is basically the Q10 with a belt, so I just don't see the point. But TONS of people do.

I would pick the Q10 anyyyyyy day over the Classic, though.

Via my BlackBerry Q10
    05-18-15 07:46 PM
    Some people find the tool belt really helpful on the Classic. Some people even find it necessary. IMO it's outdated and unnecessary. The Classic is basically the Q10 with a belt, so I just don't see the point. But TONS of people do.

I would pick the Q10 anyyyyyy day over the Classic, though.

Via my BlackBerry Q10
    Agree completely.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 12:07 AM
    Simple. Yes.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 12:05 PM
    YES!

Despite all the issues and foibles, absolutely. In fact, just about to add to my collection of Q's and put a new one of the shelf for when one of my daily drivers god completely bad.

The size. The keyboard. The changeable battery. All great.
    andy957 likes this.
    05-19-15 08:07 PM
227 ... 78910