I don't regret buying it but if I had known better I would have chosen a Z30 or a different platform. BlackBerry 10 was a let down for me, I'm hoping the new administration knows how to bring BlackBerry 10 to its full potential.

Posted via CB10
    That's fair. And as a Canadian, a huge part of me wants to see Blackberry succeed! Just not at my expense .... as they say, "business is business."
    08-03-14 05:29 PM
    So... I FINALLY have my Q10!!! And I must say- it is AMAZING! Looovvviiing it :-). It feels SO good to be back on a physical keyboard and reunited with my beloved BlackBerry! I ended up ordering directly through AT&T for $0 including overnight shipping to my house, via my stepdad's pre-existing account, off contract $15/month and we'll share 10GB/month. I believe the device itself is unlocked, manufactured July 21, 2014, the keyboard is very clicky and gives great feedback, form factor is supreme and feels designed for my hands (even one-handed operation). It shipped with 10.2.1 Bundle 2273 And so far AT&T's service seems great, running on 4G LTE and is much faster than the 3G my iphone 4 was on with Sprint. As far as 1st impressions go- Very very happy with my qwerty baby

Posted via CB10
    jayk82 and JesseBabe23 like this.
    08-06-14 02:59 PM
    Welcome to the club. I'd buy it again in an instant. I actually have 2 in use at the same time and couldn't be without them. Came from a nexus 5 and iphone combo and find myself just way more productive with the q10s
    riss89 likes this.
    08-06-14 03:16 PM
    So... I FINALLY have my Q10!!! And I must say- it is AMAZING! Looovvviiing it :-). It feels SO good to be back on a physical keyboard and reunited with my beloved BlackBerry! I ended up ordering directly through AT&T for $0 including overnight shipping to my house, via my stepdad's pre-existing account, off contract $15/month and we'll share 10GB/month. I believe the device itself is unlocked, manufactured July 21, 2014, the keyboard is very clicky and gives great feedback, form factor is supreme and feels designed for my hands (even one-handed operation). It shipped with 10.2.1 Bundle 2273 And so far AT&T's service seems great, running on 4G LTE and is much faster than the 3G my iphone 4 was on with Sprint. As far as 1st impressions go- Very very happy with my qwerty baby

Posted via CB10
    Finally! Congrats!!

Posted via CB10 on my amazing Verizon white Q10!
    riss89 likes this.
    08-06-14 03:29 PM
    Yes only because I hate full touch phones and don't like the q5... It's more of a case of it was the only option because the classic and passport didn't exist. The classic is what I wanted but the q10 is good enough that I didn't regret it once I accepted it wasn't as efficient, good or productive then the 9900 but better for surfing the internet... That's its only strength over the 9900... Irate the amount of data I us now vs. bbos7.... I have to figure out where all this data is going... Crazy how much I use on bb1o vs os7. Easily 10x as much..
    08-06-14 04:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    Awesome! Have fun with your Q10. As you use it, you'll discover things about the device that make it an unbeatable typing beast.

Let us know how you get along with the Q!

Posted via CB10
    riss89 likes this.
    08-06-14 10:13 PM
    4G/LTE on the Q10 is a real battery killer. I only got 8-10hrs with light use. Switching to 3G extended that to 16+hrs with heavy use and over 24hrs with light use. I just toggle 4G on when needed.

Posted via CB10
    This is what I do with my phones. When on idle, I switch to the slowest speed, GPRS, just to allow push email and social chat, etc., to continue streaming in. Then when I need to browse the Web of pull in attachments from email, etc., I switch to 4G. This allows me to last long on both the Q10 and the Note 3.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-14 10:54 PM
    Congratulations! Now when your friends have 4 inches of Samsung sticking out of their back pocket you can still easily tuck your baby into the front pocket of skinny jeans all while out texting them at twice the typing speed.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-14 06:52 AM
    Returned to my q10 after few days with htc one m�x. I just fall in love with it....

Posted via CB10
    08-07-14 07:26 AM
    How do you switch between 4G and 3G and what not?

?keystroke queen?
    08-07-14 11:51 AM
    Go to Settings>Network and Connections>Mobile Network>Network Technology

Posted via CB10
    08-07-14 12:34 PM
    Go to Settings>Network and Connections>Mobile Network>Network Technology

Posted via CB10
    I tried. It doesn't show an option to change how the device connects to the mobile network, like automatic vs manual, nor does it have the option to change whether it runs on 4G or something else. I saw a few other posts that state at&t locks this feature. I called at&t and the rep I talked to said it's not possible to change it manually. He also said 4G or LTE won't drain the battery. I'm skeptical to believe him regarding both things, but I do feel like my battery is not performing up to the expectations or reputation I've heard a lot of Q10 users testify to

?keystroke queen?
    08-07-14 04:24 PM
    Probably not. As much as I love the Os, I just can't love the keyboard. I've tried I had qwerty in the past (BB curve 8320) and other brands, I liked them. Hoping the Q10 qwerty was just as good. But not for me. I don't think I would leave BB, I would look into Z10 or Z30.
    08-07-14 11:07 PM
    I tried. It doesn't show an option to change how the device connects to the mobile network, like automatic vs manual, nor does it have the option to change whether it runs on 4G or something else. I saw a few other posts that state at&t locks this feature. I called at&t and the rep I talked to said it's not possible to change it manually. He also said 4G or LTE won't drain the battery. I'm skeptical to believe him regarding both things, but I do feel like my battery is not performing up to the expectations or reputation I've heard a lot of Q10 users testify to

?keystroke queen?
    That is about as much as I can help you out mate. My settings here, in Europe, are open. I can change the connection technology freely$

Posted via CB10

Brian, as for the keyboard, I actually love that of my old and trusty Nokia E71 a lot more. I do not feel that I benefit at all from the shape of the BlackBerry Q10 keys. If I could have my Nokia with a bigger screen and a bit more juice, it would still be my main device. It still runs fine, is extremely durable, and the keys just feel perfect. But I needed to be able to access my e-mail account on the go, read PDFs conveniently, so I let the Nokia go. I am very satisfied though with the choice I made. I just pray to gods I will not get keyboard issues. Q10 for me is the perfect packag. It is powerful, has Qwerty, and, most importantly, has perfect size and shape for me. Would definitely by one again or suggest it to a friend with requirements similar to mine.

Also, I am very tempted to try out the Z30 because I love BlackBerry OS 10 and the Z has a monster battery. The thing is though, it is unreal to find it locally to be able to actually feel it in my hand before buying.
    08-08-14 12:35 AM
    Riss, I think that many US users do not have the luxury of choosing the mobile network. On my Q10, I see Verizon 4G LTE as the only option.

That said, I don't worry too much about the effect of LTE on the battery. Since your phone is new, it is probably using up a lot of battery life synching email and such-like. Do let it settle down (this takes a day or so, generally) and hopefully you'll see full day battery life.

You may want to play with the synch interval for email and see the effect of turning off push email.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-14 02:22 AM
    BB10 os with the android apps available you'd have to be a fool to choose anything else. If you like a full keyboard with efficiency shortcuts galore, kick your feet up and enjoy your q10.
    You can't sell the current state of Android apps especially preping the device all of the hoops you have to jump through to install Android apps to anyone except enthusiasts.

Do Android apps work on the Q10 yes but with a ton on caviets.

- Google play services
    - Apps aren't formatted for the Q10 screen size so they can look off
    - Performance of apps vary
    - unreliable push notifications

Posted via my Q10
    anon(8080272) and jdayent like this.
    08-09-14 10:13 PM
    Well, I've just sold my Z30 today. Q10 will be my only device. Can't remember the last time I had only one device. Loving this Q......obvious, isn't it.

Posted via CB10
    Ragbert likes this.
    08-10-14 12:09 AM
    Have a Q10 for work and since I didn't want two of the same phones tried an iPhone as my personal device. The iPhone was a great device but didn't meet my needs. Ended up with another Q10 so had a white and black one. Now I have a Q10 for work and Z30. Go BlackBerry, period.

From my Z30...is it the best? Jury still out...
    08-10-14 12:15 AM
    You can't sell the current state of Android apps especially preping the device all of the hoops you have to jump through to install Android apps to anyone except enthusiasts.
    Posted via my Q10
    No, not all android apps are perfect on the q10 but if you take 5 minutes to install Snap it's pretty easy to install android apps... and the apps that become available will satisfy most q10 users.
    08-13-14 04:04 PM
    Well, I've just sold my Z30 today. Q10 will be my only device. Can't remember the last time I had only one device. Loving this Q......obvious, isn't it.

Posted via CB10
    I'm in that position right now. Not sure if I should sell my Z30 for a Q10. It's my second phone and I won't pay for a Classic or Passport as my second phone. Love my Z30 but missing the physical keyboard and it's shortcuts. All my media is done on my iOS devices but keep a Blackberry for the HUB! What helped you go from Z30 to Q10?

Sent from my Z30
    08-14-14 06:31 PM
    Welcome. and you do have an updated Q10 keyboard. (clicky) based on the date.

Posted via Q10
    08-14-14 07:00 PM
    To answer this forums question. I'm proof that a person would choose the Q10 all over again. After having the Q10 for about 8 months in the beginning of this year, I switched to tmobile from verizon and unfortunately they didn't have the Q10 in stock so I went with a Galaxy Note 3 ( go big or go home right?)

I had a great experience with the note 3 and I still have it as a backup, but I rebought the Q10 on amazon, and I'm very happy to be using it again. I enjoy the OS more and the physical keyboard.

I've only left blackberry to come back again. Ever since the 8330. Except the out of stock issue forced me out this time.

Anyway, yes I would jump on the Q10 on a heartbeat. I can't stand the touchscreen keyboards. After a while it gets old. Nothing beats a physical keyboard. I would never write a paper on a touchscreen, but on a physical keyboard? I wrote 3 papers in one day on my 9650 bold back in the day.

This response barely makes sense. Just a bunch of info crumpled up in a little ball. But I'm glad to be back and just needed to post something lol

Posted via CB10
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
    08-14-14 09:29 PM
    As an initial skeptic of the quality of this phone I can relate. I thought I'd absolutely hate not having the classic track ball and call keys, not to mention the OS looked so horrible compared to the legacy myself and other veteran BlackBerry users love so much. However there are so many native features that other OS's don't have, and even though bb10 is simplified almost ad nauseum, what it does have to offer is well executed in that clean way RIM has refined over the years.
    That being said, every BlackBerry veteran also knows that this device is not for everyone. If you're the type of person who goes for all the bells and whistles (connectivity, media, top notch specs) you'd be better off sticking with android/apple. However, if you want a more clean, professional look with apps more geared toward business and communications, this is the phone for you. With the addition of .apk app loaders and amazon app market this phone can now run most of the popular games and other popular apps, minus the benefit of full screen real estate (which, if you're a big typer, is well worth the sacrifice). The biggest sacrifice is fluidity between media apps, and some minor hiccups as far as gestures go (which could just be a personal problem). In any case, there's sure to be many solutions to the few present issues when the next big update comes out, sometime in September I believe.
    Would I get this phone again, after thoroughly familiarizing myself with all the issues on bb10? Um, yeah. I dunno what it is but blackberry ALWAYS pulls me back in. There is a certain "je ne sais pas" about the qwerty devices that just reeks of taste and sophistication. I personally have never been a huge app user -- I just download a few social and productivity apps and I am a happy camper. My real vice is themes, which I was super disappointed to find will never be coming to bb10. Sad as I am to say goodbye to all the customizeability options, I really like the interface of the 10.2 build enough that it doesn't need any changing. Mainly because it combines a little bit of every popular system together in an elegant way that just screams blackberry. My only hope is that RIM does not do rid of their trademark aesthetics in future updates just to gain a higher user base; imo that would do exactly the opposite... part of the charm of bb's is the clean simplicity.

Lots of rambling there :O long story short, less is more when it comes to the Q10. It is very enjoyable if you know how to get the most out of your device!

Posted via CB10
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
    08-15-14 12:17 AM
    As an initial skeptic of the quality of this phone I can relate. I thought I'd absolutely hate not having the classic track ball and call keys, not to mention the OS looked so horrible compared to the legacy myself and other veteran BlackBerry users love so much. However there are so many native features that other OS's don't have, and even though bb10 is simplified almost ad nauseum, what it does have to offer is well executed in that clean way RIM has refined over the years.
    That being said, every BlackBerry veteran also knows that this device is not for everyone. If you're the type of person who goes for all the bells and whistles (connectivity, media, top notch specs) you'd be better off sticking with android/apple. However, if you want a more clean, professional look with apps more geared toward business and communications, this is the phone for you. With the addition of .apk app loaders and amazon app market this phone can now run most of the popular games and other popular apps, minus the benefit of full screen real estate (which, if you're a big typer, is well worth the sacrifice). The biggest sacrifice is fluidity between media apps, and some minor hiccups as far as gestures go (which could just be a personal problem). In any case, there's sure to be many solutions to the few present issues when the next big update comes out, sometime in September I believe.
    Would I get this phone again, after thoroughly familiarizing myself with all the issues on bb10? Um, yeah. I dunno what it is but blackberry ALWAYS pulls me back in. There is a certain "je ne sais pas" about the qwerty devices that just reeks of taste and sophistication. I personally have never been a huge app user -- I just download a few social and productivity apps and I am a happy camper. My real vice is themes, which I was super disappointed to find will never be coming to bb10. Sad as I am to say goodbye to all the customizeability options, I really like the interface of the 10.2 build enough that it doesn't need any changing. Mainly because it combines a little bit of every popular system together in an elegant way that just screams blackberry. My only hope is that RIM does not do rid of their trademark aesthetics in future updates just to gain a higher user base; imo that would do exactly the opposite... part of the charm of bb's is the clean simplicity.

Lots of rambling there :O long story short, less is more when it comes to the Q10. It is very enjoyable if you know how to get the most out of your device!

Posted via CB10
    +1

10char

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 05:58 AM
    Loving my Q :-) I also believe you were right about the battery settling in because after the first day or so, I've been getting a little over a full 24 hrs on one charging session. It's awesome!

+-keystroke queen-+
    08-21-14 01:38 AM
227 ... 678910