You know that not everyone has a problem with double typing right? Of the Q10ers I know, nobody has had the problem since Canadian launch. In fact, I believe that it's a small, but vocal, minority of narcissistic Q10ers that have the problem.
    Hmm. I am Canadian, definitely not narcissistic, and I have had the double-typing experience for the past several months. It may affect the minority of Q10 owners, but it is a sizeable group.

Would I still buy a Q10 again, or recommend one? Definitely yes. In spite of minor issues, it's great. From some reports, BlackBerry has got the problem figured out in later releases - time will tell, as I had no issues until beyond 10 months.

I am past the warranty period, so I have ordered a replacement keyboard and tool kit for a very reasonable price.

Q10 ? The Other Crackberry Pirate ? Z30
    07-14-14 12:55 PM
    Any advice, relevant opinions, and insight into using the Q10 and all it can (and can't provide) is GREATLY appreciated
    If you're still on the fence as far as the Q10 is concerned: I have both the Q10 and a 9900 Bold. The new Classic supposedly is a hybrid of the Bold with a trackpad, phone call/end, back, and menu buttons plus the fantastic keyboard and OS10 of the Q10. I float back and forth between the two. Sometimes I like the smoothness of OS10; othertimes I like the menu and phone call/end keys. IMHO, I'd wait for the Classic, but also look at the prices of a used 9900 on swappa or ebay and pick one up so you can get a good feel for using a keyboard-centric device, with the traditional "tool belt" and it also has a full touchscreen as the Classic, albeit smaller (2.8 vs. 3.1 diagonal) and OS 7.1 vs. OS10.
    07-14-14 01:05 PM
    Hold off until the passport and classic comes out..then make your decision. But if you want something now I say q10. I dont think you'll be disappointed.
    07-15-14 12:14 AM
    I just picked up a used Q10 for a very reasonable price. My BB's were Storm-9000-9780-9900-Z10-Z30-Q10. Throw in a few HTC's and Nexus devices as well. Loving the typing experience again. Never really warmed to the virtual kb. Thanks BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-14 12:23 AM
    I've had my Q10 for 11 months now with no double typing issues at all.

BUT... I absolutely believe those issues exist for those who claim to have them. Calling them narcissistic is uncalled for and irrelevant, and simply reflects badly on you.

My own theory is that a large batch run of keyboards were not made as well as they should have been. Those phones using the sub-par keyboards exhibit the double-typing issues; the rest are fine. This is supported by the number of people who replaced their keyboards and saw the problem vanish. Someone familiar with the part and serial numbers of the affected boards would probably be able to work out a pattern which could predict which keyboards are most likely to fail within a year.

You know that not everyone has a problem with double typing right? Of the Q10ers I know, nobody has had the problem since Canadian launch. In fact, I believe that it's a small, but vocal, minority of narcissistic Q10ers that have the problem.

Posted with my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.2.1.2947/2274 Radio
    clickitykeys likes this.
    07-15-14 08:39 PM
    I have the double typing issue. In fact a whole bunch of people have it. People that blew a lot of money on a phone that broke all instantly and without the company taking responsibility or even acknowledging there ever was a problem. Yet the double typing issue thread on the BlackBerry Q10 forum is constantly growing and it's been up now for what, a year?

Posted via CB10
    anon(3072139) likes this.
    07-16-14 05:40 AM
    Well, obviously, the size of a forum doesn't indicate actual statistical data as to how many keyboards exhibit this behaviour. But it clearly is a problem for some people - nobody is arguing that. I'm pretty sure Blackberry, if not the individual carriers, will honor the applicable warranties on these phones, so that the keyboards can be replaced.

I have the double typing issue. In fact a whole bunch of people have it. People that blew a lot of money on a phone that broke all instantly and without the company taking responsibility or even acknowledging there ever was a problem. Yet the double typing issue thread on the BlackBerry Q10 forum is constantly growing and it's been up now for what, a year?
    goUSAFblue likes this.
    07-17-14 02:20 PM
    Definitely would buy the Q10 again! I wish BlackBerry would have models in U.S. carrier stores!

Posted via CB10
    riss89 and jdayent like this.
    07-17-14 02:42 PM
    Good design. But horrible build quality.
    Both mine and my wife's Q10s suffer from horrible double typing issues and random restarts. Both phones are less than a year old.

We have both previously had BlackBerry phones (9700 and 9780) but will now be leaving the brand due to its products harbouring unreliability and poor hardware quality.

9700>Q10
    07-17-14 11:27 PM
    Well, obviously, the size of a forum doesn't indicate actual statistical data as to how many keyboards exhibit this behaviour. But it clearly is a problem for some people - nobody is arguing that. I'm pretty sure Blackberry, if not the individual carriers, will honor the applicable warranties on these phones, so that the keyboards can be replaced.
    No but the poll is an indicator.

To date warranties are only for one year. Many of us have gone through multiple devices within that time-frame. Each device lasting 3-4 months before developing the issue.

Posted via CBQ10
    07-18-14 05:04 AM
    Love the hardware software not so much.

1. Weird contact issues where it default to FaceBook for contact names (no so great when your friends use weird FB names)
    2. Missing full push email support for read, delete etc... (it's only push on receive). Same goes for calendar it doesn't instant push meetings I make on my Blackberry device or even meetings I make from my desktop or web client to my Blackberry.
    3. You can't save all of your email on your phone unless you're using active sync
    4. You can't tell Blackberry Travel which calendar to add your travel arrangements to for example flights got into my departmental calendar at work, I really don't need all my co-workers knowing which flight I'm on.
    5. Blackberry maps is ONLY good for driving.
    Galifrey likes this.
    07-18-14 08:13 AM
    ABSOLUTELY! Best BUSINESS Smartphone on the market!
    07-18-14 10:08 AM
    Yes I would. My better half unfortunately would not. I need to sell her q10.
    07-18-14 02:03 PM
    The software items you don't like aren't specific to the Q10 though - they're about the OS. Any comments specifically about the Q10 versus another BlackBerry model?

Love the hardware software not so much.

1. Weird contact issues where it default to FaceBook for contact names (no so great when your friends use weird FB names)
    2. Missing full push email support for read, delete etc... (it's only push on receive). Same goes for calendar it doesn't instant push meetings I make on my Blackberry device or even meetings I make from my desktop or web client to my Blackberry.
    3. You can't save all of your email on your phone unless you're using active sync
    4. You can't tell Blackberry Travel which calendar to add your travel arrangements to for example flights got into my departmental calendar at work, I really don't need all my co-workers knowing which flight I'm on.
    5. Blackberry maps is ONLY good for driving.

07-18-14 02:12 PM
    The poll is also an indicator that people with keyboard problems are more likely to answer the poll in the first place.

If you read my post in here from a few days ago, I said that I suspect there's a (possibly large) batch of keyboards that was released when the Q10 first came out, with subpar functionality. If your replacement keyboards are coming from that same batch, then yes, they will end up having to be replaced too.

I only wish BlackBerry would just acknowledge this about the keyboards, recall the affected keyboard serial numbers, and offer to replace them for free, regardless of carrier or warranty status. Mistakes happen everywhere, but making it right would go a long way towards rebuilding respect for the BlackBerry brand, IMHO.

No but the poll is an indicator.

To date warranties are only for one year. Many of us have gone through multiple devices within that time-frame. Each device lasting 3-4 months before developing the issue.

Posted via CBQ10

clickitykeys likes this.
    07-18-14 02:23 PM
    Q10 rocks. Most underrated device ever. People are typically clueless.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-14 06:44 PM
    The poll is also an indicator that people with keyboard problems are more likely to answer the poll in the first place.

If you read my post in here from a few days ago, I said that I suspect there's a (possibly large) batch of keyboards that was released when the Q10 first came out, with subpar functionality. If your replacement keyboards are coming from that same batch, then yes, they will end up having to be replaced too.

I only wish BlackBerry would just acknowledge this about the keyboards, recall the affected keyboard serial numbers, and offer to replace them for free, regardless of carrier or warranty status. Mistakes happen everywhere, but making it right would go a long way towards rebuilding respect for the BlackBerry brand, IMHO.

Correct. It is a mere indicator. Not a scientific analysis. Still it indicates more than 60%. To of a few thousand. The problem is significant.
    Yes owning up to it would go far in my eyes, as well, toward restoring some degree of confidence in BlackBerry.

Posted via CBQ10
    07-19-14 10:22 PM
    Q10 rocks. Most underrated device ever. People are typically clueless.

Posted via CB10
    along with the z10 aside from battery issues with the z10 they are both really good devices pickied u a q10 for cheap to try out and i ike it more then the z10 the only downside is the smaller screen but aside from that it truly is a great device
    07-19-14 11:07 PM
    I would, yes, I'd get a white one and customize it with the black one I have now. Plus I have an extra set of parts from my dad's broken Q10

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 05:04 PM
    I do and did, proud owner of 2 Q10's.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 05:17 PM
    I use a Bold 9900 for work, and a Q10 for personal use. I much prefer BlackBerry 10 and the web browser on the Q10 (it's amazing; better than my old iPhone). I prefer the keyboard and email client with the track pad on the Bold 9900.

I don't regret getting the Q10. I picked one up used for $220 a few months back and would still pay that again today.

Posted with my Q10
    07-20-14 09:19 PM
    The software items you don't like aren't specific to the Q10 though - they're about the OS. Any comments specifically about the Q10 versus another BlackBerry model?
    Maybe a slightly taller screen but it looks like the passport will take care of that. Oh better use of keyboard keys for shortcuts for example as a work around they could assign the "refresh" button in the email/calendar app a keyboard short cut to work around the lack of full push support when you read/delete emails or make changes to your calendar.

Posted via my Q10
    07-20-14 10:07 PM
    Yes.

Actually, in hindsight, I'd have bought a few more for family and friends.

..And bought loads of stock when it was dirt cheap.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 06:55 PM
    I'd get a Q10 again with the quickness.

Tried iOS, WP 7.8 and had a Note 2 -- BB10 beats them all for my needs. This phone is my most prized possession. It's rock solid, the keyboard rocks, BB10 is fast and smooth. I am DELIGHTED beyond words with my Q10!!!

If you decide to wait -- the Passport is pretty sweet looking -- AND it has an innovative keyboard!
    07-22-14 05:32 PM
    When I bought the Q10 I thought I was getting a really premium device. Now, I'm not so sure.

The battery is good - much better than the Z10 and almost as good as the Z30. Definitely doable.

The device feels like a quality device. Nice heft and good looking trim. I do like the look and keyboard if the 9900 better, though.

But the double typing; what a mess. So irritating.

But the worst was this past Saturday. It just quit. Powers up if plugged in, BlackBerry splash screen appears, and then it defaults to the battery too low charging screen, with the slow yellow light flashing. And that's all she'll do. New battery, sim card and SD card removed - no difference. Link sort of recognized it - enough to install an autoloader, but that made no difference either. Took out the battery overnight and held down the power button for a minute to discharge everything. Still no go. So I'm less than pleased with the Q10 at this point.

My spare Z10 that I use as a loaner is already loaned out to an S4 user that broke the screen. With no more backup phones and no way to buy a BlackBerry over the counter any where local, we went with a cheap Lumia. At least she's back in a phone. Not having BBM sucks, though.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 08:17 PM
227 ... 45678 ...