Absolutely I would. I started with the Q right when it came out. Recently I decided to get a Z10 to see what I'd been missing in terms of screen size and the amazing BB10 on-screen keyboard.

But I found that in actual practice I don't consume media on my phone, and while the keyboard was fun to mess with, when I got flustered or upset or excited and wanted to type a flurry of words quickly, I just never mastered it. I felt inhibited by it.

So I came back to the Q. I love the OS, have never missed the trackpad or navigation buttons, and the screen-size is perfect. I also love the battery life; charging is never something I worry about.

I'm hoping that at some point they release essentially a souped-up Q10, like the Z30 vs. the Z10. I love this form factor, size, and simplicity. I don't want the Classic as I really don't like those buttons anymore - text selection in particular is fantastic if you really learn all of its capabilities on the Q10. I'd just like to see if they come up with something even better along these lines. If not, I think I would just try to get another one if this one ceased functioning.

I will admit, however, that I'm intrigued by the passport...
    Last edited by mhg0157; 07-05-14 at 06:51 PM.
    07-05-14 05:39 PM
    I was intrigued by the Classic, until I realized it would likely be "souped-down" and not up. No HDMI port, no removable battery (pretty sure), still no QI charging or OTG USB, and pretty much the same innards as the current Q10. I never had a phone with the trackpad, but I'm interested in anything that doesn't require me to remove my hand from the keyboard in order to place a cursor with one hand. So I'll definitely try one out at the local VZW store when it's released. (Assuming VZW carries it.)

Absolutely I would. I started with the Q right when it came out. Recently I decided to get a Z10 to see what I'd been missing in terms of screen size and the amazing BB10 on-screen keyboard.

But I found that in actual practice I don't consume media on my phone, and while the keyboard was fun to mess with, when I got flustered or upset or excited and wanted to type a flurry of words quickly, I just never mastered it. I felt inhibited by it.

So I came back to the Q. I love the OS, have never missed the trackpad or navigation buttons, and the screen-size is perfect. I also love the battery life; charging is never something I worry about.

I'm hoping that at some point they release essentially a souped-up Q10, like the Z30 vs. the Z10. I love this form factor, size, and simplicity. I don't want the Classic as I really don't like those buttons anymore - text selection in particular is fantastic if you really learn all of its capabilities on the Q10. I'd just like to see if they come up with something even better along these lines. If not, I think I would just try to get another one if this one ceased functioning.

I will admit, however, that I'm intrigued by the passport...
    07-06-14 12:47 AM
    As much as I long for a larger screen for my daily use I can't go without the Q10. Had the z10 for about a month while my Q was being serviced. Couldn't stand it after a while. I love how easy it is to fire off msg/emails and to make phone calls.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 01:00 AM
    Yes, I'll buy it again. I love my Q.

I have both Q10 & 5C. Q is a little wider but shorter than 5C & just perfect size for daily use. Only time I prefer 5C is when you surf the net. For that, bigger screen is better. Otherwise, Q10 is definitely better phone for me.
    I only have 5C as backup & for some apps & services for entertainment I can't get on BlackBerry which I don't use all the time anyways.

So for me, Q10 is clear winner.
    But if you value the phone for the function for new apps, games & video more, then 5C is for you.
    Yes, you can play games, watch videos like Netflix just fine. But can't beat iphone for fun department ...yet.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 11:31 AM
    To Ragbert: Well I'm not super-clear on how the Passport is going to function, but it sounds like part of the idea with this keyboard is that you can use the actual keys like a trackpad, for cursor placement, etc. That's what I find most interesting about it - the keyboard seems to double as a touch-sensitive click/mouse pad.

On the other hand people are saying it's not going to be usable one-handed, so who knows. I've never been able to use any phone one-handed, Q, Z, and Bold included.
    Ragbert likes this.
    07-06-14 12:47 PM
    Hahahahaha, that is actually really good!

Who cares if it's just a phone, you will be spending a large chunk of the next two years on the phone that you will be getting now. Besides, making decisions on phones is fun

Just so you know OP, I am sure the Q10 is the smallest "smartphone" on the market that is not some cheap budget phone. Feel wise, the Q10 is really comfortable to hold.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    lol thanks! That's exactly how I think about it. Yes it's just a phone, not a house, but people put their entire lives on their phone, I use it for everything, business and pleasure. Thanks for the advice!

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    07-06-14 01:02 PM
    Hi, mhg0157. Thanks for your reply. I've been following the articles about the Passport. I know for sure that it won't fit in my hands - certainly not in one hand. Even the Q10 is a stretch in one hand. The Passport might make a handy x-small tablet, but I'd be more likely to keep the Q10 and get a 7" or 10" wifi tablet for online mobility.

To Ragbert: Well I'm not super-clear on how the Passport is going to function, but it sounds like part of the idea with this keyboard is that you can use the actual keys like a trackpad, for cursor placement, etc. That's what I find most interesting about it - the keyboard seems to double as a touch-sensitive click/mouse pad.

On the other hand people are saying it's not going to be usable one-handed, so who knows. I've never been able to use any phone one-handed, Q, Z, and Bold included.

Posted with my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.2.1.2947/2274 Radio
    07-06-14 02:06 PM
    Long answer short, "yes".

I also have an unlocked Z30 I purchased after I purchased the Q as I wanted to try the best typing on glass experience and the larger screen real estate. Quickly the Z has become a weekend phone, more for reading the FT, playing Tetris with the kids, etc. I always return to the Q: great typing experience, fabulous form factor, long life battery, etc. Minor double typing, but not enough to detract from the experience.

Will admit, I am waiting for a Porsche Design, souped up, in a Q form factor . . .
    07-07-14 03:27 AM
    I think I have a Q10, iphone 4s and iphone 5s at home. Do you need to see a pic of all three side by side?

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 10:02 AM
    I think I have a Q10, iphone 4s and iphone 5s at home. Do you need to see a pic of all three side by side?

Posted via CB10
    Aww thanks that's sweet of you to offer, but I actually used the phone size compare on phonearena.com to get a pretty good idea of their respective sizes. I still find it a bit disappointing, although not completely surprising, that floor models are nearly impossible to come across

07-08-14 06:42 AM
    Aww thanks that's sweet of you to offer, but I actually used the phone size compare on phonearena.com to get a pretty good idea of their respective sizes. I still find it a bit disappointing, although not completely surprising, that floor models are nearly impossible to come across

Did you finally press the buy button after all ?!
    07-08-14 08:19 AM
    Did you finally press the buy button after all ?!
    Yes I did, mentally at least lol. I've definitively decided to go the way of the mighty qwerty. My contract with my current carrier expires on the 30th of this month and if I terminate even day of they told me I'll get charged a $100 etf, so July 31st will be the date I switch carriers and join the Blackberry family again

07-08-14 02:37 PM
    Yes I did, mentally at least lol. I've definitively decided to go the way of the mighty qwerty. My contract with my current carrier expires on the 30th of this month and if I terminate even day of they told me I'll get charged a $100 etf, so July 31st will be the date I switch carriers and join the Blackberry family again

Nice to hear, you'll soon back to the family!

A pre Welcome back from me then
    riss89 likes this.
    07-08-14 05:38 PM
    With OS 10.2 and the importing of 3rd party apps via apk files, yes.
    If hadn't been for those two improvements, I would have returned it and would now be an iPhone user.
    07-12-14 08:37 PM
    Been using the Q10 for 3 weeks now, since I bought it secondhand here in Singapore to replace my 16 month old Nokia Lumia 920 which has seen a deteriorating battery life down to 4 hours on a single charge on 3G mode. I had been previously on Curve 8520, Bold 9780, Bold 9900s before switching to Windows Phone. Made the switch only because my workplace stopped supporting BIS. It had been a tough 16 months with the 920 - I could never get used to a full screen phone, and was never able to successfully write long emails without getting frustrated with the virtual keyboard. So far, I've been very happy with the Q10. It is the most satisfying BlackBerry that I have ever used. BB10 is an excellent OS that has been severely under-rated. The Q10 is absolutely the best!

Posted via CB10
    BroncoVAL and hlg8888 like this.
    07-13-14 04:50 AM
    I would absolutely buy the Q10 again and again if I had to make the decision again. That being said if I had the choice between the Q10 and the Passport I would 100% choose the Passport.

Posted via Q10
    nhatrangvtd likes this.
    07-13-14 09:04 AM
    I have a Bold 9900 and an iPhone 5. I really like the Bold form factor, build quality, size,keyboard, trackpad, voice and call quality, etc.. It just feels like a quality phone in your hand. Unfortunately it no longer syncs with my Macbook Pro or Mac mini due to the newer Mavericks OS of Apple. Apparently BB is not interested in supporting their older legacy devices and will not be updating their desktop software for syncing. So I tried the Q10 just to see if I liked it and of course it has the new desktop software - link - that does work with my Macbook and Mac mini. After just a day I knew the Q10 was not for me. The call quality was good and it has a good speaker and I liked the FM radio built in. The keyboard is on par with the Bold also. But It doesn't feel nearly as good as the Bold in the hand. The apps are just terrible compared to the iPhone. The OS does not feel polished. It feels and works like a phone made back in 2010 not 2014. When I went back to AT&T to return the phone ( AT&T no longer sells the Q10 or Z10 in their stores ) the salesperson told me that the return rate of the Q10 when it came out was over 50%. If I were you I would buy an unlocked phone on Ebay - maybe a Bold -you can get them for $100 or so unlocked and wait until the fall when the new iPhone and BB phones come out. Try them both and see which one you prefer. That's what I'm planning on doing. I don't hold out a lot of hope for BB though. They definitely are behind the curve of IOS and Android. Plus remember they don't really support their legacy phones. If their desktop software worked with my Apple computers I probably never would have bought the Q10 as it's not much of an upgrade from the Bold which is really a much better built phone. The iPhone 5 is an amazing device but it does lack a physical keyboard and the call quality is not as good as BB. Just me opinion.
    07-13-14 09:52 AM
    After using a Nokia Lumia 920 for 16 months (see earlier post), I was astounded by how much better the call & signal quality of the Q10 was. I have to disagree with the preceding post - I find BB10 superior to iOS & Android (have used both) in terms of performance, stability, and definitely usability. I would definitely get a Q10 again.

I think the Q10 is better in terms of physical build quality than the 9900, though. It feels more 'solid'.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 10:04 AM
    One thought related to the last post about the q10 on ATT. When I purchased my Q10 I purchased outright from amazon at a low price. It was an att phone and I use att as my carrier. The phone originally came with 10.1 which was all att would push at the time. With 10.1 I also felt like going back to my iphone. What turned me was unlocking the phone and putting 10.2 on it. I now have the latest 10.2 running and love it. 10.1 was horrible. About 10 percent of my android apps worked. Now id say 90 percent of what I load from android works for me. It was a totally different phone to me with a recent 10.2 loaded. Never wait for att though. They are slow and don't put out updates, do it yourself.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 10:05 AM
    My Phone is now repairing(htc one max) and i decided to buy q10 while im waiting because i always wanted to have a querty Phone and just wanna try BlackBerry OS 10...
    I just fell in love now wit BlackBerry, im gonna sell My device when came repared.
    PD: cant wait for passport!!

Posted via CB10
    bigjman and HighFlight88 like this.
    07-13-14 10:36 AM
    I own the 3 major OSes and I've also had a windows 8 phone (until it was stolen). I was befuddled as to how anyone could think there is a better OS than BB10 until I read one of the last posts about 10.1... yeah, that one needed help so if that's how people are thinking of q10, I get it now. I'd completely forgotten about how incomplete it felt. 10.2+ is solid and won't leave you wanting for much, especially if you've installed snap.

Consumer ecosystem is definitely more robust with ios and android but when you pair the outrageously superior BB10 os with the android apps available you'd have to be a fool to choose anything else. If you like a full keyboard with efficiency shortcuts galore, kick your feet up and enjoy your q10.
    07-13-14 06:21 PM
    The Q10 is unquestionably best suited for my usage patterns.
    Yet, I wouldn't by it again for one reason only:
    The double-typing defect.

Posted via CBQ10
    07-13-14 06:36 PM
    You know that not everyone has a problem with double typing right? Of the Q10ers I know, nobody has had the problem since Canadian launch. In fact, I believe that it's a small, but vocal, minority of narcissistic Q10ers that have the problem.
    JesseBabe23 and goUSAFblue like this.
    07-14-14 01:19 AM
    You know that not everyone has a problem with double typing right? Of the Q10ers I know, nobody has had the problem since Canadian launch. In fact, I believe that it's a small, but vocal, minority of narcissistic Q10ers that have the problem.
    http://m.crackberry.com/do-you-suffe...blackberry-q10
    Check the results and tell me who is narcissistic.
    I got mine the same day as you and have been through two more since then...

Posted via CBQ10
    Oddsocket likes this.
    07-14-14 05:21 AM
    In hindsight, I would not get the Q10 again.

While initially I liked it because it brought me back to the Bold 9000/9900 glory days I quickly made the switch back to my Z10.

The biggest reason I switched back was apps. The screen was too small to properly enjoy most apps that were native, and the constant checking and guessing which android apps would work was frustrating (especially if they work on the Z10).

Second reason was as many others have experienced double typing and faulty keyboards. Had it for about 3 months and the letter R and F decided they weren't going to work anymore. And the letters W, T and O all wanted to double up on the screen.

Third, after using the Z10 the screen of the Q10 came across as bright and saturated and looked almost fake to me. I never really adjusted to the way it looked.

Fourth, I enjoy the all touch more than I thought I ever would.

What I do miss is being able to go a full day without charging the battery and being able to type at crazy speeds (when the letters actually work). But all in all I much prefer my Z10 as it suits my needs better.

Posted via CB10
    Galifrey likes this.
    07-14-14 05:59 AM
227 ... 34567 ...