What are your most frequently used apps? That will help us recommend one device over the other.

Posted via CB10
    Hmm. Intuitive question. Honestly I'm an emailer, texted, web surfing, news app article reading type; I rely on map and navigation services a lot. But I also enjoy having a media services, I watch Netflix, play games, and stream music too. I LOVE qwerty keyboards but I just don't want to choose a great keyboard if it means sacrificing just about EVERYthing else.. That's kind of how having the legacy Curve 9350 felt-great little phone but BBOS7 is limiting compared to the technology available. I guess I'm just greedy and I want it all the best of both worlds lol.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    ZayDub likes this.
    07-03-14 04:02 PM
    Should I dare post something similar a third time..
    Lol! Oh man research? I do that TONS. overdo it probably. I've watched just about every video about the Q10 available on YouTube, I've asked around in the forums, read reviews, I even made a cut out of the device to get a better feel for the form factor (I can't find a store with a floor model, don't judge me) lol

Peep my paper Q10In Hindsight Would you Q10 again?-imageuploadedbycb-forums1404421572.114144.jpg

HighFlight88 likes this.
    07-03-14 04:06 PM
    Hmm. Intuitive question. Honestly I'm an emailer, texted, web surfing, news app article reading type; I rely on map and navigation services a lot. But I also enjoy having a media services, I watch Netflix, play games, and stream music too. I LOVE qwerty keyboards but I just don't want to choose a great keyboard if it means sacrificing just about EVERYthing else.. That's kind of how having the legacy Curve 9350 felt-great little phone but BBOS7 is limiting compared to the technology available. I guess I'm just greedy and I want it all the best of both worlds lol.
    Thanks, this is useful. I'd say the following:

(1) If you are a heavy user of text-based apps, such as messaging and email, look no further than the Q10. Everything else will suck in comparison to the physical keyboard.

(2) If you are ok with using Google Maps without Google Services, i.e., without being able to log in to store and access frequent locations like "Home" and "Work", then the Q10 is serviceable and significantly better than BBOS7. I have used Google Maps with no issues. BlackBerry Maps, unfortunately, is not as powerful when it comes to bike routes or public transportation.

(3) If you are unwilling to give up Google services, your decision is made. Go for the iPhone 5C.

(4) If you watch a lot of Netflix or YouTube videos on your phone, and play games frequently, then Q10 is not the optimal choice. You will keep wishing for more screen area.

So, it is a question of figuring out what you do most of the time. For e.g., my usage is primarily text-centered: BBM, Evernote, Texting, Browsing. Following that, comes navigation, reading ebooks. Following that comes watching the occasional YouTube video or learning the odd language on Duolingo. I never watch Netflix and never play any games. So, I guess the Q10 is appropriate for me. That decision was made easier because of the realization that, even though I am good at it, I absolutely hate typing on a glass slab. :-)

Oh, also keep in mind that the Q10's call quality and sound is excellent. I don't have experience with the iPhone 5C, but do check that aspect because you don't want to be stuck with a smartphone that sucks at making calls. :-)

Posted via CB10
    riss89 likes this.
    07-03-14 08:15 PM
    Lol! Oh man research? I do that TONS. overdo it probably. I've watched just about every video about the Q10 available on YouTube, I've asked around in the forums, read reviews, I even made a cut out of the device to get a better feel for the form factor (I can't find a store with a floor model, don't judge me) lol

Peep my paper Q10Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByCB Forums1404421572.114144.jpg 
Views:	1582 
Size:	782.8 KB 
ID:	282761

Haha you need a job. Jk that's awesome it's really on point

Q10 Posted via CB10
    MattKnightes likes this.
    07-03-14 08:33 PM
    Thanks, this is useful. I'd say the following:

(1) If you are a heavy user of text-based apps, such as messaging and email, look no further than the Q10. Everything else will suck in comparison to the physical keyboard.

(2) If you are ok with using Google Maps without Google Services, i.e., without being able to log in to store and access frequent locations like "Home" and "Work", then the Q10 is serviceable and significantly better than BBOS7. I have used Google Maps with no issues. BlackBerry Maps, unfortunately, is not as powerful when it comes to bike routes or public transportation.

(3) If you are unwilling to give up Google services, your decision is made. Go for the iPhone 5C.

(4) If you watch a lot of Netflix or YouTube videos on your phone, and play games frequently, then Q10 is not the optimal choice. You will keep wishing for more screen area.

So, it is a question of figuring out what you do most of the time. For e.g., my usage is primarily text-centered: BBM, Evernote, Texting, Browsing. Following that, comes navigation, reading ebooks. Following that comes watching the occasional YouTube video or learning the odd language on Duolingo. I never watch Netflix and never play any games. So, I guess the Q10 is appropriate for me. That decision was made easier because of the realization that, even though I am good at it, I absolutely hate typing on a glass slab. :-)

Oh, also keep in mind that the Q10's call quality and sound is excellent. I don't have experience with the iPhone 5C, but do check that aspect because you don't want to be stuck with a smartphone that sucks at making calls. :-)

Posted via CB10
    Think I'm gonna go with the Q. It just feels right. I can't wait to get my hands on one excited!

Thanks DS1331 lol. Arts a pastime. I work part time, volunteer a lot, but it's summer and my classes don't start until August. Thus, free time galore

DS1331 likes this.
    07-03-14 09:57 PM
    If my Q10 died today, I'd get another today. I'm still excited for the Classic and curious about the Passport but the Q10 is a workhorse for people who need to get sheet done.
    Evilguppy likes this.
    07-04-14 12:55 AM
    I'd buy the Q10 again. It fits my needs perfectly. I love the keyboard, long battery life, BB10 and the availability to run Android apps on it. The Android apps I use often work well enough on the Q10 for my purposes.

Q10: SQN 100-5 v. 10.2.1.2102
    07-04-14 08:00 AM
    I'd buy the Q10 again. It fits my needs perfectly. I love the keyboard, long battery life, BB10 and the availability to run Android apps on it. The Android apps I use often work well enough on the Q10 for my purposes.

Q10: SQN 100-5 v. 10.2.1.2102
    The android apps I run mostly run like **** hoping it get better soon

Q10 Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 11:43 AM
    yes I would do it again!!!! fricken love my q10, bought it the day it came out in canada. the only 2 things I would've wanted changed are the screen size (bigger) and I missed the toolbelt but that has been addressed wit the classic!!!!!! I would never suggest any phone but a BlackBerry so I say get the classic! It's gonna be great
    07-04-14 12:34 PM
    Yes no doubt.

Q10 - 10.2.1.3175
    07-04-14 03:27 PM
    I would not buy the Q10 again - because the Classic and Passport are around the corner. But when it was released it was (and currently is) the perfect work horse.

I use it mainly for Whatsapp, some texts, email and calls. I only use rental cars where it connects via Bluetooth and I can listen to music and additionally run the navigation through car stereo. For all these purposes it is the perfect phone.

I do however use a Note 3 for casual gaming and taking notes. You can't have all in one device it seems. Having said that I will definitely get the Passport and maybe the Classic as well.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 04:56 PM

We need an intervention for you. This is just a phone, not a house.

CB10 on the Q10
    07-05-14 01:09 AM

Hahahahaha, that is actually really good!

Who cares if it's just a phone, you will be spending a large chunk of the next two years on the phone that you will be getting now. Besides, making decisions on phones is fun

Just so you know OP, I am sure the Q10 is the smallest "smartphone" on the market that is not some cheap budget phone. Feel wise, the Q10 is really comfortable to hold.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    Oddsocket and riss89 like this.
    07-05-14 03:34 AM
    Just so you know OP, I am sure the Q10 is the smallest "smartphone" on the market that is not some cheap budget phone. Feel wise, the Q10 is really comfortable to hold.

That's precisely the reason I bought one. I does excel at this - feels like an expensive bar of soap in the hand. For all the issues I've had, I'll miss it sorely. It's going to feel like using a swiss-army-knife after carrying a sword.
    07-05-14 04:56 AM
    I juggle between 100 and 300 emails daily... I tell you, without the Q10, my life would be much more difficult. I had the z10 which now is with the wife. Prior I used a Torch slider (loved it) and tried a galaxy and an iphone for a period.

My current setup is, q10 with a macbook. I also have an external charger+battery bundle for my Q10 and I roll like that. The efficiency on handling email on the Q10 is unparalleled for me. Between the phkb and the hub, I am absolutely delighted. I go through the fast reply emails in an instant and also deal with meetings set-ups and agenda on my BlackBerry and synchronise on my mac. Works like a charm let me tell you.

Also, using the wireless access to my pc, has allowed me to avoid having my laptops in many meetings and just juggle info and files back and forth when needed.

I have the extra battery which I use sometimes by the en of the day, or while I charge one I pop the full one in so that I can be always on the move without need to plug in.

Also I have used it for presentations via hdmi and actually I did like it quite a lot.

Form factor is amazing and the dimensions are good for portability. I have had no hardware issues, feels comfortable in hands and suit pocket, has improved greatly with the 10.2 updates.

I also juggle social media exclusively from the Q10, as well as banking and trading on the stock market via my banks' portals. (in two of them I use mobile site and the desktop version on another).

Everything just works for me and at the same time I have a dependable fluid phone on my hands.
    Also the hardware is durable and dependable. I have had the occasional drops from about 1,2 meters and all is good apart from some small scratch on the casing, but just a battle scar

Like the way profiles of contacts integrate into remember and my agenda as well.

Finally, some of the aspects coming over like fast dial and shortcuts etc, make the phone a bliss to use.

For maps I also use mireo as I am not quite satisfied with the BlackBerry maps app.

The contras: screen size can be a pain some times, I admit, but overall I can co-op with that. I use font number 6 so it kind of improves.
    For video consumption and media it is a basic solution that just works but truth be said, it is a compromise, but this is in no way my prior need.

Another issue I can see as a con is using spreadsheet on it. Being honest, not much you can do with a mobile on spreadsheets if you are looking to do dome serious work on them, so I go to my laptop (and considering a tablet maybe) for this stuff.

Some apps are not there, and sometimes feel like I miss out, but not on major issues. Also using android apps is a solution (although I ll admit that the feeling of a droid app is not the same) so a mid-solution there, but not as critical for me.

All in all, it serves my professional needs and I juggle my two companies through it; it makes my life way easier and works for me better than any other phone so, I would buy it again yes.

Although with the Passport and classic coming out, I might wait a bit to see how they work. Not so much for the classic, as the belt is not something I personally miss, but the passport has my attention, even though I still really need to check out how the kb will work and overall user interface.

I need a phkb (the only vkb I can use effectively for all the writing I do is the bb10 on the Z series), so I honestly have no better choice, but apart from that, BB10 for me has reached its point of maturity that can serve me on 95% in an effective and pleasant way.

I would like another phone for media consumption and maybe leisure but I do not want to carry 2 phones, so I make the compromise based on my major needs.

Hope that brings some useful feedback for you.
    In any way, it highly depends on what you need, your ecosystem dependency and personal use preference. But I tell you, the macbook - Q10 combo works great for me!

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 05:13 AM
    I juggle between 100 and 300 emails daily... I tell you, without the Q10, my life would be much more difficult. I had the z10 which now is with the wife. Prior I used a Torch slider (loved it) and tried a galaxy and an iphone for a period.

Posted via CB10
    Fantastic write up, mate. Thanks for taking the time.

Posted via CB10
    currentodysseys likes this.
    07-05-14 06:46 AM
    Fantastic write up, mate. Thanks for taking the time.

Posted via CB10
    A pleasure, hope it helps.
    All the best!

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 12:26 PM
    I'd absolutely go with this Q10 again. It fits my needs, it fits my hands, and runs all the software I'd ever want on a phone. It has great battery life as well.

It also has superb audio for phone calls and music. Mic and speakers are very high quality.

Keyboard is the best in the business. Nothing else to say. :-)

Posted with my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.2.1.2947/2274 Radio
    riss89 and clickitykeys like this.
    07-05-14 12:44 PM
    Yep its great!!! Cant wait for Passport though

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 12:46 PM
    Yes I'm defo getting the classic for my upgrade. It's due exactly when it's released. Abso love my #BlackBerry Q10

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 01:21 PM
    I've lived and worked for most of smartphone history out in the country where I have no cell coverage, hence no interest in smartphones. Only in the last few years have I started working away from home and felt that the utility of a smartphone was in any way justified. I just got my Q10 a month ago, after coming up to speed on BB smartphones via a used 9650 for about a year.

The story told in this thread is that it's all about your use case. I don't see too many regrets expressed by Q10 owners here. The only regret I have is that there simply isn't a phone in the current or planned lineup that's perfect for me.

I happen to be a technical writer recently turned electrician. When I'm on site and I need information on some piece of equipment, or I want to photograph something to document it or send to a supplier, a smartphone is powerful working tool. But it has to be tough, it has to fit comfortably into a pocket and put up with some nasty working environments. And, I've had enough experience with the touch-screen keyboard on a tablet to know that I couldn't deal with one on a phone. Does the screen size matter with respect to... um, watching movies? Umm... no.

With its toolbelt, the 9650 was perfectly operable with one hand covered with the micro-thin gloves I like to wear. When I decided that a BB10 device was justified, I got the Q10 a little reluctantly. If I could have something like the 9650 with BB10, that would be my dream phone. I was a bit bummed when I heard that the Classic was on the way, thinking I should've waited. But it's even bigger than the Q10, so design-wise it's taken one good step back into the past, and one bad step into the present --- for my needs.

Apart from the missing toolbelt buttons the Q10 has been pretty swell for me and I don't regret it getting it - though every time I have to peel a glove off to diddle the touchscreen it's irksome. To a generation of touchscreen diddlers that probably sounds quaint, but I haven't the least bit of iPhone (or Z30) envy, and the Passport just makes me laugh. I can picture it coming out of my pocket folded in half.

Use case, use case, use case. I suspect your needs are somewhat different than mine. :-)
    riss89 likes this.
    07-05-14 01:48 PM
    I actually have Q10'ed again. Bought my first one new when it became available from Verizon.

Stupidly got rid of it a few months ago for a Galaxy Note 3, but after getting a lovely white one off of eBay, I'm back and don't plan on going anywhere!!

Have my Surface Pro 3 for my laptop/tablet needs. My Q10 is for staying communicated when needed, not playing games or watching videos all day.

Posted via CB10 on my amazing Verizon white Q10!
    07-05-14 02:00 PM
    I keep a couple of good capacitive styluses (styli?) around for use when I'm wearing gloves. I also have a pair of gloves which have capacitive fingertips, and they do work, but are not warm enough in the winter. The stylus works great though.
    Apart from the missing toolbelt buttons the Q10 has been pretty swell for me and I don't regret it getting it - though every time I have to peel a glove off to diddle the touchscreen it's irksome.
    07-05-14 02:11 PM
    I keep a couple of good capacitive styluses (styli?) around for use when I'm wearing gloves. I also have a pair of gloves which have capacitive fingertips, and they do work, but are not warm enough in the winter. The stylus works great though.
    I have some of those lying about from a largely unimpressive experiment with my tablet. I have to file an array of other writing instruments in my clothing anyway; I'll give one of those a try.

Conductive gloves aren't the best idea for electricians tho. ;-)

Cheers,
    PV
    07-05-14 02:43 PM
    LOL re the gloves. Only the fingertips are - so you'd just get a little jolt now and then. ;-)

I have some of those lying about from a largely unimpressive experiment with my tablet. I have to file an array of other writing instruments in my clothing anyway; I'll give one of those a try.

Conductive gloves aren't the best idea for electricians tho. ;-)

Cheers,
    PV
    07-05-14 04:05 PM
227 ... 23456 ...