Hello everyone, it is great to read the forums in my spare time, I just haven't had enough time to really engage with a great deal of the goodness going around! So cheers to all this good news lately!

Anyway several times I have read and I have heard mentioned [even at the January 2013 product launch as well] that by mid-2013 there is supposed to be some "High End" full physical QWERTY keyboard model. Well here is where I am confused... I do live here in the U.S. where the Z10 has not launched, but I had never anticipated on buying on as with the degraded dexterity in my right hand it is difficult for me to use a full touchscreen [although I must say impressive phone indeed!]. So I understand that this Q10 is supposed to probably launch even a bit later than this Z10 by a little while, which is cool I have no complaints, but if there is to be some "Full Feature"/"High End" release of a physical QWERTY keyboard phone by mid-2013 what really could be added to the Q10 as it has been seen so far??

Does anything stand out that would point to anything specific in anyone's mind? [i.e. Is it a performance adjustment, design adjustment, et cetera...??] And I am not asking for speculation or rumor mill items, but rather if you [reading this post] can think of anything of interest that could be realistically added to the Q10 to make a model that is further 'superior' or comparatively more 'full featured' what might you think could make a difference??

I ask in this topic area because I figure those who gather around this area, like me, have well vested interests in the full QWERTY keyboard phones like the Q10 and thereby I would think the best possible forum for ideas be come from here...

I love technology and spare no expense I will wait for the best of the best... I have always had a BlackBerry full QWERTY as my primary device on hand and sometimes one as my second or third depending upon my requirements, and for sure I can say I will never have a primary pager --- mobile phone --- mobile phone --- cellular connected digital assistant --- mobile phone/E-Mail client --- Smart Phone --- "mobile computing" device ever that is not a BlackBerry with a physical QWERTY keyboard. Jeez it has been so long I had to make sure I called it by its correct classification! Long live the BlackBerry QWERTY physical keyboard!

This is my first post back here in awhile, I was finally glad to take to time to be able to engage in the CB Nation again!

Any thoughts???
    02-26-13 11:34 PM
    I didn't know there was a higher end (than the q10) coming out mid 2013? The q10 and z10 were supposed to be the flagship devices for the year 2013. To be honest I don't think there will be a better qwerty device released this year especially now that the q10 has been delayed basically to mid 2013. If BB did somehow release a higher end q10 a couple months after the q10, then that's a fat slap in the face to everyone.

Edit: where did u get this high end qwerty device info from? And this info could relate to a torch style phone maybe?
    02-27-13 03:58 AM
    There are just rumours around regarding a high-end full-touch device labeled as "Aristo". Having said that, both the Z10 as well as Q10 are pretty high standard in terms of internal hardware. It might not be the newest of the newest (Quad Core #cough#), but still more than solid.

I also doubt we'll see a higher powered QWERTY device this very year. BBRY will most likely wait and see how sells go with the Q10 before releasing another, higher version. A lower specced variant, a Curve successor if you want, is IMO much more possible than seeing a Q10 successor first.

Last but not least those QWERTY devices usually aren't known for being raw power high-end devices, since this sort of hardware is often an overkill on such a phone. I am even a little surprised the Q10 offers all the hardware goodness the Z10 features.
    02-27-13 04:11 AM
    The q10 is the mid 2013(6 months = June) phone you're talking about. It's high end in terms of the same inner components as the z10(processor, cameras, etc). Also it has its own special components(2100mah battery, and AMOLED display). Meaning, you're looking at a $500-700 price tag. Now logically, the 'Aristo' will either be announced Q4 2013, or Q1 of next year. I say that, because the bb10 launch won't be over till around July. Also announcing it, let's say August, hinders the z10's shelf life and I think BBRY wants to maximize on its profits as much as possible.
    DJM626 likes this.
    02-27-13 04:51 AM
    Ya i dont think blackberry will release a third highend phone to early next year to get maximum profit and sell a crap ton of Z10's and Q10's for this year's holidays.

In my opinion from my experience with my Z10 its perfectly fine to last the year, they should concentrate on updates and bringing more apps to bb10!!

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 06:10 AM
    There are rumors about the Aristo full touch that is supposed to have specs far superior to the Z10 for quite some time now. I'd bet on them. Samsung will release the GS4 in March, there will be new iPhones (5S, 6 ?) and most visibly the Z10 has a price tag similar to the iPhone 4S, not the iPhone 5. That means there's still room for boosted specs as well as a higher price tag and imho there's no obvious reason not to put everything in a Q10-like housing, too.

BBRY owns the QWERTY market so it's not about cannibalizing a different product's sales. It rather opens up the possibility to sell an even more expensive phone. I guess it is more likely to see a higher end QWERTY, possibly a world phone, than a BB10 Curve QWERTY next.
    02-27-13 06:19 AM
    I have never heard of a Qwerty coming out that is Higher-End than the Q10.

But if you ask how there can be a higher end version of it here are a few things that can be done:
    Quad Core Snapdragon 800 processor Or Nvidia Tegra 4
    3300 mAh Battery
    13 MP camera with HDR and Panorama and 4k Video Support
    Convenience Keys
    2 stage camera button
    Dual Xenon Flash
    Multimedia Keys at the Top
    built in 64 GB memory
    screen res likely wont be increased form 720x720 for some time.
    Wacom digitizer support
    FingerPrint Reader

That said, these specs would not make sense in a Q10 successor, I would be more interested in a Slider, preferably Landscape to be a Higher End Device.

If there is another Bar FormFactor Qwerty, it will be a low end device.
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    02-27-13 07:02 AM
    It is reported not long ago that BB probably won't release another Hi-end device in 12-16 months after Z10 and Q10.I believe that this Aristo is just a concept or pre-research model.It's a backup for Z10 if Z10 doesn't meet the expectation.(because many consumers do care about the hardware specs.For these people,horsepower means a lot.)For now the Z10 has a very good beginning,and logically,they'll make its way better in the future.And their next big mission is to ensure the success of Q10. They don't have to bring a spec-monster out shortly and confront samsung or htc.They'd better not,in fact,because they're not good at heaping up the horsepower.
    BB is BB after all, BB won't be in a samsung style.
    02-27-13 10:12 AM
    Remember though that BB has committed to 6 new models this year and we've only seen two so far. We have also been told --officially-- that the lineup would ultimately be three grades, each with kb and touch variants.

I maintain that the Z10/Q10 are actually the midrange models.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL, Bbnivende and BB_Bmore like this.
    02-27-13 10:20 AM
    Remember though that BB has committed to 6 new models this year and we've only seen two so far. We have also been told --officially-- that the lineup would ultimately be three grades, each with kb and touch variants.

Posted via CB10

I didn't know someone positively confirmed that '6 new models' implied unique models, vs 3 variants (ea) of the Z10 and Q10 for the different global markets...???
    02-27-13 12:06 PM
    I didn't know someone positively confirmed that '6 new models' implied unique models, vs 3 variants (ea) of the Z10 and Q10 for the different global markets...???
    Might have to dig around (and I could be wrong but I think it was CMO Frank Boulben who said it), but the impression I was left with was three distinct lines, not just localized variants.
    02-27-13 12:10 PM
    A relative would like Blackberry to release a camera-less variant of the Q10 to replace his seriously outdated Curve. His workplace forbids cameras of any kind, and they refuse to adopt software-based methods of disabling cameras because software is software and can be bypassed. Although one local operator there sells modified iPhone 4Ses with the cameras physically removed, he's holding out because he wants a keyboard.
    02-27-13 12:18 PM
    The Q10 is the high end QWERTY device. It's high end because the materials used are of better quality than those used on the Z10. After the Q10 we'll see lower end devices using lower end materials, although these Won't be out for quite a while.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 08:45 PM
    The Q10 does not have an optical trackpad, so yes, it can be physically improved. However, it is already March, so the Q10 is probably the "mid 2013" device.
    03-06-13 01:11 PM
    The Q10 does not have an optical trackpad, so yes, it can be physically improved. However, it is already March, so the Q10 is probably the "mid 2013" device.
    03-06-13 01:27 PM
    I was also told that the Z10 is NOT the flagship and that there is a beast of a BlackBerry coming in the fall. I was told its going to be quite ridiculous in terms of specs.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-13 02:13 PM
    03-06-13 02:23 PM