I want to wait for the official- I just hate how long AT&T is taking.

I know that this is a broken record- but I just with US carriers would get their **** together and push out updates in a timely manner.
    11-21-13 08:49 AM
    Nothing we can do about it unfortunately. It's all the US carriers. Sigh.
    stlscott18 likes this.
    11-21-13 08:57 AM
    US Carriers.... of course you also have to look at the number of subscribers they have.

If Roger with around 10 Million users, allows an OS update to go out for one of the devices that they have on their network, and it causes problems.... it might affect people but only a small percentage will call in to get help initially. So a few hundred calls.

If AT&T does the same, they would be looking at thousands of calls (maybe not with BB based on sales).

It is a matter of scale. The larger a company is and the more customers they sever, the more careful they will be on releasing updates.

Of course then you have the matter of, "has BlackBerry release a version of 10.2 that doesn't cause issues" that will cause customers and the carrier problems. I have seen a pretty large number of people that have updated and now have problems with contacts and texting. Really think that 10.2 should be a clean install... but that isn't how most people install an update OTA.
    11-21-13 09:09 AM
    You ought to be thankful you're not on Sprint.

Posted on my BlackBerry Q10, because I'm so Bloody Special.
    jolaislagrl likes this.
    11-21-13 09:20 AM
    I tell you what...this is 99% of the reason I'm getting rid of my Q. I can't wait for this any longer. I thought my Q was ahead of iPhones, but between the camera and horrible notifications, I'm done! I can't wait until 2014--if we're lucky.

The carriers here know this--they know that there's a bad word about BB's out there, and they don't care to release any OS because the more negativity brought about by people like us, the more iPhones the carriers will sell--for whatever that's worth.

It's a shame, it really is.
    11-21-13 09:32 AM
    I tell you what...this is 99% of the reason I'm getting rid of my Q. I can't wait for this any longer. I thought my Q was ahead of iPhones, but between the camera and horrible notifications, I'm done! I can't wait until 2014--if we're lucky.

The carriers here know this--they know that there's a bad word about BB's out there, and they don't care to release any OS because the more negativity brought about by people like us, the more iPhones the carriers will sell--for whatever that's worth.

It's a shame, it really is.
    Before you get rid of it, you may as well just try to download 10.2.1.1055. It turns this phone into a super phone.
    11-21-13 09:39 AM
    Amazing that Blackberry has failed to get this update on AT&T.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 09:41 AM
    hhahhah so true.
    Before you get rid of it, you may as well just try to download 10.2.1.1055. It turns this phone into a super phone.
    11-21-13 09:49 AM
    After being loyal to BlackBerry--after having 5 storms and 4 tours--spending countless hours staying ahead of the game with leaks, I am sick and tired of having to do that.

To add to the equation, I am a Mac user. It would be easier for me to buy a Windows machine and install the leak than it would for me to go through the process of setting up my Mac to run Windows to install a leak--which then voids my warranty.

10.2.1 is so far ahead of anything ATT will soon release, if anything at all--and I'm not sitting around waiting.

I applaud the timely release of the Q, but the fact that carriers in the US are still holding BlackBerry's panties in a bunch pisses me off...and I'm done being pissed off. I was perfectly happy with my iPhone and I should've fought the temptation to go back to a 9930-like phone.

The Q is nothing like the 9930, and if I still had my 9930, I'd activate it in a heartbeat.

I'd have to be superman to get 10.2.1 onto my phone, therefore, I am getting rid of my phone.
    dwilliamson22 likes this.
    11-21-13 09:52 AM
    Sorry to hear that. That new leak brings back some of the functionality of previous blackberry phones and it works very well. I have installed some android apps that I thought, "there's no way this one will work"....well it does. surprised the hell out of me, but it does.

Got a friend with a Windows computer? I think it's worth a shot. It sounds like you have done it before....I don't think you would be disappointed.
    11-21-13 10:40 AM
    And just remember, this os is under a year old. From what I've seen(installing leaks all along) this os has come miles in a short time. You can tell blackberry IS listening and working hard at refining this os
    11-21-13 10:47 AM
    And just remember, this os is under a year old. From what I've seen(installing leaks all along) this os has come miles in a short time. You can tell blackberry IS listening and working hard at refining this os
    Honestly, I cannot afford to void my warranty. And no, I should not have to install a damn leak. It's been out around the world and it is the US carriers withholding it from us BB users in the states.
    stlscott18 likes this.
    11-21-13 11:08 AM
    Honestly, I cannot afford to void my warranty. And no, I should not have to install a damn leak. It's been out around the world and it is the US carriers withholding it from us BB users in the states.
    Da! Everyone seems to get this but Blackberry. Of course, they themselves have also been very slow slow and very late introducing fixes and updates. They should never have had so many flaws in the first place. Such a shame. Whittling away opportunity upon opportunity in front of our eyes.
    11-21-13 11:14 AM
    I agree and this pisses me off as well. I also only have macs, but last week I broke down and found a pc from a friend to use to install 10.2 from sachesi. Now all I read about is 10.2.1, but it took me about 4 hours to update my phone using sachesi, so not about to do that again.

Kind of ridiculous, and although its probably At&t's fault, BB needs to figure out a way to get the updates in the hands of the users quicker.
    11-21-13 11:16 AM
    Yes, BB needs to figure out a way to get these OS updates right the first time, or expedited the second time.

I can understand that BB put only essentials on the OS for the Q, so that they could release it on time...I understand that--but to now be 6 months past the release and still unable to do things Legacy devices can do...

pathetic.
    11-21-13 11:23 AM
    I agree and this pisses me off as well. I also only have macs, but last week I broke down and found a pc from a friend to use to install 10.2 from sachesi. Now all I read about is 10.2.1, but it took me about 4 hours to update my phone using sachesi, so not about to do that again.

Kind of ridiculous, and although its probably At&t's fault, BB needs to figure out a way to get the updates in the hands of the users quicker.
    Ultimately, the user experience is Blackberry's responsibility. Anyone who says otherwise is just a fanboy trying to deflect criticism without justification. Blackberry actually has tremendous influence on these carries. Blackberry could have introduced a product with fewer flaws. Blackberry could have intruded updates with fewer problems. Blackberry can pay or otherwise create incentives for these carriers to expedite the adoption of these releases. I don't care what Blackberry has to do. I care about the impact of what they have done and what they are not doing.
    11-21-13 11:30 AM
    Ultimately, the user experience is Blackberry's responsibility. Anyone who says otherwise is just a fanboy trying to deflect criticism without justification. Blackberry actually has tremendous influence on these carries. Blackberry could have introduced a product with fewer flaws. Blackberry could have intruded updates with fewer problems. Blackberry can pay or otherwise create incentives for these carriers to expedite the adoption of these releases. I don't care what Blackberry has to do. I care about the impact of what they have done and what they are not doing.
    The carriers don't care. Forums like this drive sales for the iPhone--and having been loyal to BB for so damn long, Apple's winning my 2013 sale.
    11-21-13 11:33 AM
    How about the Blackberry Z30? Are we going to see it on AT&T? I am ready to update from Z10.
    11-21-13 11:47 AM
    Just use Sachesi to grab the "official" bar files from one of the other carriers and sideload non-destructively. If you end up having warranty issues just revert the OS to stock.

But like others recommended, 10.2.1.1055 (and above) is incredible.
    eBud likes this.
    11-21-13 12:20 PM
    Just use Sachesi to grab the "official" bar files from one of the other carriers and sideload non-destructively. If you end up having warranty issues just revert the OS to stock.

But like others recommended, 10.2.1.1055 (and above) is incredible.
    We'll see. It's such a process...and I don't have time for that.
    KitJackson67 likes this.
    11-21-13 12:34 PM
    US Carriers.... of course you also have to look at the number of subscribers they have.

If Roger with around 10 Million users, allows an OS update to go out for one of the devices that they have on their network, and it causes problems.... it might affect people but only a small percentage will call in to get help initially. So a few hundred calls.

If AT&T does the same, they would be looking at thousands of calls (maybe not with BB based on sales).
    i think the point here is (one you already made) that AT&T has barely got any BB subscribers. i bet it's in the hundreds compared to the thousands or tens of thousands. so really, why take so long to test out an OS in which AT&T call center "professionals" aren't even trained enough to help you on? seems pointless, like U.S. carriers' interest in BlackBerry.
    11-21-13 12:52 PM
    that's about 1 hour of work.. you must be a busy guy. what are you doing posting? lol
    rcs36 likes this.
    11-21-13 12:53 PM
    We'll see. It's such a process...and I don't have time for that.
    that's about 1 hour of work.. you must be a busy guy. what are you doing posting? lol
    11-21-13 12:53 PM
    i think the point here is (one you already made) that AT&T has barely got any BB subscribers. i bet it's in the hundreds compared to the thousands or tens of thousands. so really, why take so long to test out an OS in which AT&T call center "professionals" aren't even trained enough to help you on? seems pointless, like U.S. carriers' interest in BlackBerry.
    But but but...how many BB users call ATT for help? I've only called for a replacement device, but I've always done the troubleshooting on my own, and I outline that if I ever have to call.

ATT is making a huge mistake by not releasing this OS...but they clearly don't care about BB--in the same respect BB clearly does not care about ATT...yet.
    extisis likes this.
    11-21-13 12:54 PM
    The fact that for 7+ years I did that process countless number of times should also be taken into consideration. At 94 posts, you should click on my 700+ and check out some comments from installing leaks on my Storm, nonetheless!

Nothing wrong with posting--something wrong with not having a phone for an hour--that's if all goes as pre deranged.
    11-21-13 12:56 PM
80 123 ...