Not sure if this as been mentioned before but I do not have the same amount of contacts that show up in the contacts app as opposed to the contacts option within the phone.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 04:08 PM
    Not sure if this as been mentioned before but I do not have the same amount of contacts that show up in the contacts app as opposed to the contacts option within the phone.

Posted via CB10
    Only contacts with a phone number associated with them will show up in that option. If you have lets say twitter linked with your BlackBerry Z10, none of those twitter accounts will show up, unless of course you link that account with a phone number.
    05-16-13 04:26 PM
    Only contacts with a phone number associated with them will show up in that option. If you have lets say twitter linked with your BlackBerry Z10, none of those twitter accounts will show up, unless of course you link that account with a phone number.
    The missing contacts do have assigned phone numbers.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 05:01 PM
    You did send me down the right path though. The culprit for this little bug is the linked contacts. HOWEVER, all linked contacts including those with phone numbers assigned to them in my "original" entry do not show up in contacts within the phone app. This becomes a problem when trying to add someone to a call. Even if a person is in my business contacts but is linked to LinkedIN, for example, they will not show up.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 05:31 PM
    You did send me down the right path though. The culprit for this little bug is the linked contacts. HOWEVER, all linked contacts including those with phone numbers assigned to them in my "original" entry do not show up in contacts within the phone app. This becomes a problem when trying to add someone to a call. Even if a person is in my business contacts but is linked to LinkedIN, for example, they will not show up.

Posted via CB10
    I wonder if it is in the order they are linked. Like if a phone contact is linked to LinkedIn the phone app see it as a non phone contact. Try adding LinkedIn to the phone contact and the other way around, see if either fixes it.

My non BB device tweaks sometimes, like my wife is in my phone as wife, but her FB profile overrides it and shows her full name. Typing in wife still brings up the entire linked contact profile, but it shows as her real name. (webOS synergy is pretty amazing)
    05-16-13 06:37 PM
    I wonder if it is in the order they are linked. Like if a phone contact is linked to LinkedIn the phone app see it as a non phone contact. Try adding LinkedIn to the phone contact and the other way around, see if either fixes it.

My non BB device tweaks sometimes, like my wife is in my phone as wife, but her FB profile overrides it and shows her full name. Typing in wife still brings up the entire linked contact profile, but it shows as her real name. (webOS synergy is pretty amazing)
    Any idea on how to manually relink a conatct once it's been unlinked?

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 07:00 PM
    Any idea on how to manually relink a conatct once it's been unlinked?

Posted via CB10
    Sorry not a BB expert and don't have a BB10 device yet (no Q in the US yet)
    05-17-13 12:35 PM
    Have the same issue, it's rather annoying, so basically i'm in the phone, start typing a contact and cannot find it, so cannot call it...
    I need to open the contact app and then call it...

Let me know if you find a solution pls

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 01:21 PM
    Basically have the same issue. Only BBM video and Sim Contacts show up in Phone when I do a lookup. While in Phone if I hold down on number and select Add a Contact it wants to put it to my Outlook contacts (which is the list I want Phone to lookup). The dumb thing about that is even after I add the new number the Phone app won't search there. When I compose a text message it only looks up my Sim contacts. Thought it might be a Balance issue but contacts same in Work & Personal and Linking cotnacts seems to not help. If I go to Contact settings and turn SIM Card off in Show Account in Contact List it removes the entries from Phone. Tried turning all the different types of contacts Off and then On but no change to Phone other then SIM.
    05-17-13 01:55 PM
    It comes down to how the contact is linked.

If you take a Facebook contact and link in a number, it will be a Facebook contact first and a phone contact second. So in the phone app it will not show up.

What you need to do is unlink the phone contact, then go to the phone contact and link in the Facebook profile.
    05-17-13 01:58 PM
    Just a thought, does it still launch the phone app properly if you type "call ****"?

This downs't fix the issue for conferencing in but I am just wondering if the linking breaks this function as well.
    05-17-13 02:02 PM
    OK GOT IT, this is a major issue blackberry, MAJOR......

Basically if your contacta are linked to facebook or linkedin or whatever, and you decide not to show all facebook contacts or linkedin ones in your phonebook list, all those contacts that are originally in your phone BUT linked will not show up in the phone app...

Furthermore, if a contact has a double link, let's say both facebook AND linkedin, and you decide to finally show the facebook linked contacts, those contacts with double link Will STILL NOT APPEAR......

So two options, either you decide to show all linked contacts, and beleive me it's a mess, you surely don't want all your facebook friends to show up on you contact list... OR you manually need to unlink all the contacts you need and want to see in your phone app

This is a major bug, needs fixing

Crackberry this is as bad as the speed dial issue!!! Please support this bug
    Thank you

Posted via CB10
    nasvai likes this.
    05-17-13 02:08 PM
    glad its not the phone number issue, I can deal with seeing my fb contacts, hope it gets fixed for those of you that need em out of there
    05-17-13 03:58 PM
    It comes down to how the contact is linked.

If you take a Facebook contact and link in a number, it will be a Facebook contact first and a phone contact second. So in the phone app it will not show up.

What you need to do is unlink the phone contact, then go to the phone contact and link in the Facebook profile.
    This works. What seems to happen is when the phone links contacts to linkedIn for example it puts the linkedIn first and your original contact with the phone number second. When you unlinked and then manually relink it puts the linkedIn contact second.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 04:30 PM
    Same issue

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 12:49 PM
    I fixed this by going to contacts > settings and making sure that all the options under 'show account in contact list' where turned to on.

All my contacts now show up in both the contact app and the phone app

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 12:54 PM
    Also I'm on the z10

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 12:59 PM
    I fixed this by going to contacts > settings and making sure that all the options under 'show account in contact list' where turned to on.

All my contacts now show up in both the contact app and the phone app

Posted via CB10
    Thing is, many people don't want all of their facebook contacts in their phone book and hence set those accounts to off in the contacts app.

As soon as you enter a facebook or linkedin account your own "original" contacts are linked to these account regardless of whether you have facebook or linkedin contacts set to off and on top of that, the FB and IN contact information is prioritized. If your FB or IN contact does not have a phone number assigned to it, it will not show up in the phone app.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 02:17 PM