Hello everyone,

So I bought a Q10 back in April and converted from a 9900. When I first did the set up I had an issue with duplicate contacts for some people. The phone number and the BBM PIN didn't match.

I was able to fix everything to my liking but after a few weeks I had several contacts go missing. I finally found the time to go back in and manually add my contacts email, phone number and BBM info one by one.

The issue I am now having is with regards to text messages. I have some incoming text messages that appear properly and some that only show the senders phone number and not the name.

Ex. Say I get a message from Joe and his number is 555 555 5555 and that's how I have it listed in the contacts. It may appear in hub as just +1 555 555 5555. No name attached. For other contacts the message appears fine but when messaging back and forth the name at the top of the screen changes from "Bob" to the persons phone number. Only way to know who your messaging is to remember the phone number or recall the conversation via the chat.

I know the Q10 has had some software issues with contacts. Looking through the threads the issue appears to be primarily the disappearing nature of the contact.

Any thoughts on this? Many thanks!

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 05:16 PM
    It's a bug in whatever BB10 version you're on (which if you can specify, that'd be great )

The solution is to manually add the contact and link it to the existing "Joe" contact so to speak, just to make sure, as sometimes the little +1 can make some mix ups with BB10 *furiously shakes fist*.

Then you just wait.
    07-06-14 09:26 PM
    Hi,

Thanks for your help! Currently running 10.2.1.2102 on Wind Mobile.

I tried manually adding all the contacts but just wondering if your suggesting that I add the +1 to all the phone numbers in order to bypass the bug?

Thanks again

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 11:40 PM
    Hi,

Thanks for your help! Currently running 10.2.1.2102 on Wind Mobile.

I tried manually adding all the contacts but just wondering if your suggesting that I add the +1 to all the phone numbers in order to bypass the bug?

Thanks again

Posted via CB10
    But then all the numbers that don't have +1 won't show like the ones with it now :|
    07-08-14 03:01 PM