Hi guys!

I've been having a nightmare unlocking my Blackberry Q10 on O2 UK for my girlfriend's use on SFR in Paris. I've used unlock codes from my network and from a 3rd party service and neither of them worked, but this has been while her (activated) SFR sim has been inserted. I've got a 17 digit IMEI and O2 provided a code only off the first 15 digits so I wrote it up to that, but after the 3rd party service didn't work I started getting suspicious. After long phone call to my network #3 I was informed by an 02 phone assistant that I had to have an activated sim from a different UK network inserted in the phone while entering the MEP code for it to work. I thought it was just a different network, I didn't know the sim inserted while entering the code had to be a UK network specifically... So, before I use up any more of my precious 4 remaining MEP code attempts and bust my hump getting a UK micro sim to my girlfriend in Paris, anyone here able to confirm the logic of the O2 assistant? Did the codes only not work because a French sim was in at the time?

Many thanks for prompt replies, being cut off from communication with your girlfriend when she's off wifi sucks (not to mention the guilt of her having no phone or texts)...
    12-12-14 02:07 PM
    I'd head to BerryReview and get a working code from them. Just saying.
    02-09-15 10:49 AM
    How did you end up fixing this issue? Maybe others would benefit from your solution.
    02-09-15 01:03 PM
    There was this one time I checked out the thread on "missing camera icon/ alert notifications on lockscreen". One of the suggestions was to log unto blackberry protect website & send message to phone with prompted password. My Q10 has never been on password before so I decided to give it a try. It worked though. When I wanted to disable blackberry protect after that (it was one of the suggestions that might have caused the icons/ notifications to disappear) it prompted me for password. Most threads advise to clean sweep everything as there's no way to obtain passwords for BlackBerry devices. After the 9th attempts - tried everything from blackberry id password to the ones that I sent recently from blackberry protect, (the 10th would sweep clean your data - not good!) I decided to restart the phone. It was just a hunch. Upon restarting, I was unable to unlock as it prompted me to enter password. I entered the same password used to unlock the message sent from blackberry protect for the camera icon/ notifications at lockscreen missing issues & it worked!!! Disabled the password option straightaway. Unless one still have access to the phone to sent thru BlackBerry Protect, one can still key-in the password set to unlock phone upon restarting? We won't know for sure. It was one hell of an experience since most of my important data and work are on the phone. Solve one issue and discovery a new one... hopefully it's the last.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 01:38 PM