My BlackBerry Q10 turned itself off when I last took a picture and I have not been able to get it to turn back on. This happened almost 2 weeks ago.

My Q10 (SQN100-2) has Software Release 10.3.3.1463 running on Verizon Wireless. No SD card has ever been used. It has a replacement keyboard due to the original having a bad key.

I have tried a variety of things to get my Q10 to boot up, but without any success. When I try to power on the device, no LED or keyboard lights come on. Nothing shows on the screen.

I’ve purchased a new battery along with an external charger to assure that I have a fully charged battery. This new battery doesn’t power on the Q10. I’ve charged the old battery with the new charger and it will not power on the Q10. I’ve tried to power-on with the phone plugged into an AC adapter with and without a battery installed. I’ve tried to connect the Q10 to my laptop and BlackBerry Link and Blend will not connect. Sachesi v2.0.3 cannot find the device.

I've tried several different wall chargers and USB cables. Even a car charger.

I’ve also tried simultaneously holding down the ‘up’ and ‘down’ volume keys to boot the device. No go.

This morning, I ordered a replacement keyboard and will try to change out my existing keyboard to see if that’s the problem or loose connection.

Any other ideas? Any help would be much appreciated.
    05-19-17 01:04 PM
    Sorry.... you have tried most everything.

Could try an Autoloader as that usually can connect to a device when LINK won't.... but that the screen does nothing and there is no LED. Time to let her (him) go....
    05-19-17 01:25 PM
    When my phone shutdown, I had it plugged into a coiled car charger and used the phone to take a picture out the driver's side window. I'm thinking it is possible that I may have caused damage to the USB port on the phone from tension on the cord. Could a damaged USB port prevent the phone from booting, even with a fully-charged battery? If so, can a USB port be fixed or replaced?
    05-19-17 02:42 PM
    That would not cause the problems you describe.

You can replace the USB port, but it would require soldering skills.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-17 03:21 PM
    In talking with a local cellphone repair person, he did not think the keyboard or the USB port was the likely cause of my problem. Rather, he thought the problem was probably a faulty IC (integrated circuit) on the motherboard -- which is not a replaceable part. So, I decided not to pay to have the phone worked on with the parts that I had ordered online.

Today, I replaced the keyboard myself following instructions that I found on YouTube. This did not resolve the phone's problem. At the time I purchased the keyboard, I also purchased a replacement USB port, but as 'meilensten' mentioned above, this requires soldering, which I did not realize at the time of purchase.

Now, I’m wondering if a failed screen may be the cause of my phone not turning on or connecting to my laptop. Any insights about this possibility? (As mentioned earlier, the red LED does not come on when pressing the power button.)
    05-30-17 04:14 PM
    Hi, from my experience of failed screen. (Z30), I would expect the device to still boot up and run normally, you would still hear all of your audible notifications.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-17 12:01 PM
    Trust the repair man.

Posted via my q10
    05-31-17 05:25 PM
    ^^this

I think you now have two economically sound choices:

1. Buy another Q10 in nice condition on eBay from a trustworthy seller who accepts returns. They are excellent value now at about £65.

2. Buy a Q10 for spares/repair, which is fully functional but has e.g. a busted screen, then you can transfer the screen or whatever across from your existing phone.

My personal preference would be 1, but if cash is tight and time plentiful, there is no reason why 2 is not worthwhile. You will need a selection of very small Torx screwdrivers.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-17 06:00 AM