hi guys i recently purchased a blackberry Q10 and i was out saturday night and dropped my q10 all is fine apart from when i launch the camera i get the rainbow coloured screen any suggestions???
    09-10-14 01:44 PM
    Does it affect your picture taking though? If it doesn't I probably wouldn't worry about it as you may have a loose connection in there somewhere.
    09-10-14 01:54 PM
    Does it affect your picture taking though? If it doesn't I probably wouldn't worry about it as you may have a loose connection in there somewhere.
    hey cheers for replying pal and yes when i click to take a pickture it wont take one i was thinking maybe the ribbon and clip have come loose apart from that everything is fine and working i dropped it from some height aswell lol
    09-10-14 02:00 PM
    I haven't taken mine apart so I wouldn't know where to look. Check youtube for some videos
    09-10-14 02:08 PM
    My best suggestion would to try and get a replacement device.

But before that of course try a full back up and restore, as (even though it makes no sense) it can be software related.

On one of my Q10s I was getting the rainbow looking image also every time I opened the camera app, I restored from scratch and miraculously it was working again just fine. However, my rainbow problem wasn't due to a drop, it was completely random.

Best of luck

http://www.stayontop-lifestyle.com/
    09-10-14 02:50 PM
    My best suggestion would to try and get a replacement device.

But before that of course try a full back up and restore, as (even though it makes no sense) it can be software related.

On one of my Q10s I was getting the rainbow looking image also every time I opened the camera app, I restored from scratch and miraculously it was working again just fine. However, my rainbow problem wasn't due to a drop, it was completely random.

Best of luck

Stay On Top | Knowledge is Power. Information is Liberating
    cant get a replacement device as i bought it out right on pays as you go so am going getting it fixed
    09-10-14 06:11 PM
    cant get a replacement device as i bought it out right on pays as you go so am going getting it fixed
    You could probably contact BlackBerry with the issue. I bought a Moto G payg and when my battery blew up Motorola was more than accommodating and sent me a Moto X for my troubles. Nokia did a similar thing. You'll still have a warranty if the device purchase was recent! Good luck and I hope your Q10 gets well soon LOL!

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 06:26 PM
    Yep, no matter who you bought it from you have 1 year warranty from Blackberry themselves.
    09-10-14 07:06 PM
    You can buy just the camera and replace it yourself. It's very easy, just search YouTube for something like Q10 tear down or keyboard replacement.

Posted by a Proud NRA Supporter!
    09-11-14 11:22 AM