I have numerous POP3 emails set up on my Blackberry. I think when i Delete them from my Blackberry it is deleting them from the respective servers. This is terrible. I use my servers as backup for my email content. Please help me solve this problem.
    08-05-13 11:07 PM
    Im pretty sure that is how POP3 is suppose to work. It doesnt keep email on the server unless you have specified to do so. You delete it and its gone.
    08-05-13 11:51 PM
    What happened to the option of delete on handheld, or handheld and email? Want it back.
    08-05-13 11:51 PM
    BB10 doesnt have the "delete from handheld" option since it no longer uses BIS. Its the same type of email as android and iOS now basically
    08-06-13 12:00 AM
    This can't be true. It NEVER used to delete my emails before!!! Help!
    08-06-13 12:06 AM
    I agree completely ! it also clogs up the phone for nothing.
    The answer that I've come up with is to send automatically all your e-mails from the server to a different e-mail address (making sure you select the option to keep a copy of the original e-mail address), so you now have a backup.
    this should be the first thing to do when buying a new BB10 phone ! (I have had all my e-mails deleted by BB10 from the Inbox folder !)

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 12:46 AM
    Log on to your email account at the server and look at the settings. Look for under POP settings "leave a copy on the server".

Note that setting it this way will mean the server always keeps a copy no matter whether you delete at your phone or on your PC.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    08-06-13 01:26 AM
    Log on to your email account at the server and look at the settings. Look for under POP settings "leave a copy on the server".

If I log into my gmail acct, for example, and then go to Settings, where would this "leave a copy on the server" option be?

Note that setting it this way will mean the server always keeps a copy no matter whether you delete at your phone or on your PC.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    08-06-13 01:43 AM