Hi Everyone,

I have read through the forms and have not really found a solution. The issue I have is that after someone calls me or I call out my call log will show a different person in my contacts. Same issue with voicemail; If someone leaves me a voicemail a different persons name will appear from the contacts on my phone.

I don't have facebook,twitter, or linked in
    I don't have duplicate contacts
    My country code is correct

Can anyone help, I would be very happy!
    06-11-13 12:47 AM
    +1, we really need a solution to this!

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 11:22 AM
    I have seen this and I think it is related to syncing to online contacts. In my case it is after a restore. My guess is the call log is using a unique user ID of the contact changing from when the call was made. I think it may be related to either deleting the email account that your contacts are associated and adding it again or restoring a backup where you have to log back into your email account.

My best guess is when the contacts are downloaded from the online account, they are given a unique ID, which may change every time the account is removed from the phone and contacts then downloaded again. It is probably a bug that will be fixed in future releases.

I also see it in the BeBuzz contacts that have been saved. They are wrong after an OS upgrade and restore.

The only solution is to delete the call logs and other places were this is a problem and future entries should be correct.
    06-11-13 11:34 AM
    any solution to this.?

did i get a faulty device?
    06-12-13 04:55 PM
    Having the same issue here. If I clear the call log it works right for a while then mixes up the contacts name in the call log. It's a real pain in the *** as I cant rely on the call log to tell me who called.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 10:47 PM
    +1

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 02:43 PM
    +1 This happens randomly after a while.. Seems like a bug..
    07-09-13 06:01 AM
    It might be due to linked accounts with that contact (as a bug).

Go to Contacts> (contact name here) > Links (to the right of the pencil) > Unlink everything except local contacts/SIM/BBM.

Save your contacts to SIM, and then import them. Try some of those. If it doesn't work after import, try to unlink, save, import, battery pull.

Worst case scenario, back-up your phone and then do a restore, and import contacts from SIM.
    07-09-13 02:32 PM
    +1

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 11:58 AM
    This has been sorted out in the 4181 update. I am on that update for a long time now and no such problems any more.
    09-13-13 08:56 PM