Hey guys,

So the goal is to find help on the best way to sync but First Organize my blackberry contacts with my 2 gmail accounts.

I first made the mistake of adding my gmail accounts with contact sync before transferring them to my Q10 and it loaded all my unorganized contacts. I know this sounds odd to you, but I never organized my bold 9650 contacts (+6000 contacts )to GMAIL. I'd love to do this but I have no idea how to merge my blackberry contacts to existing contacts in GMAIL.

What is your suggestion to streamline my thousands of contacts on Gmail with my +6,000 contacts on my blackberry. I am now deleting the email boxes from the Q10 and will start again. Hopefully when I use LINK, it will sync my two address books from my old device to the Q10.

What I'd like to do (asking for help ) is to Organize my my gmail contacts on both accounts to have the Same contacts. Or have to my blackberry contacts on one account and my other email box to keep theirs.

For example [email protected] will have blackberry contacts XYZ2 will have gmail's contacts

The other idea was somehow to link these contacts so that they all link properly in seperate groups as I had on my bold 9650 ( tabs / lists). The main issue I have though is on my blacberry it lists the contacts differently than on gmail i.e
    Gmail lists
    Jane austen (name)
    Writer (company)
    1235 ( #)
    [email protected] (Email)

Blackberry lists:
    A Jane Austen (name)
    Cool writer met at bar (company )
    1235 (#)
    [email protected] (email)

Anyone have any ideas / input?
    08-28-13 04:47 PM
    My first thought is to use ContactX (BB World) to do a combined backup of your on-device contacts. Then you can export the list to you media card. Import that list into Gmail contacts. Then use Gmail's built in tool to merge the duplicates. You'll probably have to do some manual clean up as well. Then, once you're happy with the combined list, delete all the contacts from your device and sync the Gmail list in its place. It'll be a fairly big job, but once done, you should be in good shape.
    08-28-13 06:16 PM
    K I will look into that, I just did Blackberry link but for some reason it is not transferring my contacts and texts from my old blackberry to the new one.

It says that it does but when I go to contacts it asks for me to load up my gmail contacts.

My old phone had 2 gmail address books that were no synced. Any idea how to load this on the phone?
    08-28-13 07:17 PM
    I may have misunderstood your original post. Let's see if I've got it now.

You have 6000+ contacts in the local contacts (stored on your device, but not synced with Gmail)
    You have two separate Gmail accounts, neither are synced to your device.
    You want to combine all into one list, clean them up, then have one master Gmail list synced to your device.
    Correct?
    08-29-13 02:00 PM
    Correct thats it exactly.
    08-30-13 02:39 AM
    OK.
    Similar to before,
    • Use ContactX (BB World) to do a backup of your on-device contacts. Then you can export the list to your media card; copy it to your PC.
    • Import that list into your main Gmail account (#1) contacts list.
    • Export your contacts list from your other Gmail account (#2).
    • Import the Gmail #2 list to Gmail account #1.
    • In Gmail #1, use Gmail's built in tool to merge the duplicates. You'll probably have to do some manual clean up as well.
    • Once you're happy with the combined list, delete all the contacts from your device and sync the Gmail contact list #1.

This will leave you with one master list, in your main Gmail account. You'll have it on your device, and any changes will sync back.
    Hope this helps.
    08-30-13 12:29 PM
    That helps a lot.

Few tweaks i'd like to do:

1. Keep my gmail contacts with blackberry synced on one email account after cleaning up the database

2. My other gmail which is more work related to be separate.

I did not load my gmail contacts is there a way from my phone to just sync my current contacts with gmail so it uploads to it?
    08-30-13 01:56 PM
    That helps a lot.

Few tweaks i'd like to do:

1. Keep my gmail contacts with blackberry synced on one email account after cleaning up the database

2. My other gmail which is more work related to be separate.

I did not load my gmail contacts is there a way from my phone to just sync my current contacts with gmail so it uploads to it?
    OK.
    Last item first. No, you can't export your Local contacts from your device into your Gmail account directly from your device. ContactX is the simplest way I'm aware of to get them to a list that can be imported to Gmail contacts.

It sounds like you now want to have 2 separate Gmail contact lists. Ok. From the steps I listed above, you'll just want to skip the 4th (importing Gmail #2 into Gmail #1).

Then, you'll sync both Gmail accounts to your device. Any changes you make to contacts in either list will sync back to their Gmail contact lists, and vice versa.
    09-01-13 02:59 PM
    Sounds good will test this out when I am home
    09-01-13 03:45 PM
    Good luck.
    09-01-13 03:53 PM