I AM BUYING BB Q10 !
    Thank you everyone!
    Let the multitasking begins...
    Let's us know what do you think about it.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 12:43 PM
    The BBQ10 is a multitasking beast. If staying on top of all your emails, instant messages, and social networks is important to you, this is def the phone to do it. Best of luck. Hope you enjoy the mobile computing device!

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 06:03 PM
    I am typing from my brand new Q10 -5 submodel. Got it a few hours ago sealed from a girl on C'slist for $400 - very good deal I think.

I love it so far, all 3 initial questions I had are working the way I wanted them. I am glad someone on this planet produces phones for users that have a brain bigger than an apple.

Before I start searching/submiting threads a quick question - FIRST TIME EVER ON BB:

Is there a way to set the keyboard to display the symbols when you long press instead of pressing the Alt key all the time?

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 10:33 PM
    Thought I would add that battery life on my Q10 is the best I ever had! Even better than my 9780's. I get more than one days use and I use my Q a lot compared to most people I know, hope this helps

Q10, 9900, 9780, 8330, 7520, 7510 And Playbook!
    07-21-13 10:39 PM
    I know this wasn't one of your questions or requirements but thought I'd throw this in b/c I was so pleased with the performance of my Q10 over the last 4 days.

We like to go out of town a lot. My husband and I are both blessed to have jobs that we can work away from the office some. But both jobs require Internet access.

I'm am excited to report I had 6 devices using my Q10 as a hotspot. Three laptops, 2 iPhone & 1 Torch. One of those laptops was streaming Netflix all weekend. Not once did we lose connections - even at night! Left the hotspot on for 3 days / 24 hours a day and continued to use my phone to make calls and send/receive documents, and use other apps & not one problem!

We usually use my husband's bold but it would drop connections with more than 2 devices & evenings would drop completely. I was amazed how fast the Internet was too!

Posted via Q10 via CB10 app
    edu3110 and 3_M4N like this.
    07-21-13 11:07 PM
    Wow! That's awesome! I don't have the hotspot feature turned on on mine, but it's nice to know that it would work well if I did! Thanks for sharing.

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10!
    moody likes this.
    07-23-13 02:27 AM

Before I start searching/submiting threads a quick question - FIRST TIME EVER ON BB:

Is there a way to set the keyboard to display the symbols when you long press instead of pressing the Alt key all the time?

Posted via CB10
    Press Alt followed by Shift to lock the keyboard in the Alt position. This is a classic BlackBerry feature that's been around since the first BlackBerry keyboard phone. A long press in the Alt position will not do anything (perhaps it should bring up a character from the Sym menu, but currently it doesn't).

Posted via CB10
    3_M4N likes this.
    07-23-13 06:33 AM
    Press Alt followed by Shift to lock the keyboard in the Alt position. This is a classic BlackBerry feature that's been around since the first BlackBerry keyboard phone. A long press in the Alt position will not do anything (perhaps it should bring up a character from the Sym menu, but currently it doesn't).

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the tip! Didn't know about alt + shift. For me long pressing on the alt key does in fact lock the alt keys in place. There are just so many things to learn about this phone!

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10!
    07-23-13 12:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    Alt + Shift is the same as holding down Alt. This is not what I asked for though. What I really need is when i long press "R" to get the "3" on the screen instead of capital "R". Is there a way to switch that?
    07-27-13 06:31 PM
    Alt + Shift is the same as holding down Alt. This is not what I asked for though. What I really need is when i long press "R" to get the "3" on the screen instead of capital "R". Is there a way to switch that?
    No, there is not. I think the virtual keyboard on the Z10 allows more choices when you long press a key, but even there a letter will not switch to a number, you need to go to the numbers keyboard for that. I agree that a long long press that would eventually go to a number could be useful for single numbers in a text, but too many people who have become accustomed to BlackBerry keyboards would complain about the length of the press required to go to the next option. You'll get used to using the keyboard as it is.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 08:50 AM
35 12