I am from India and Planning to Buy a Z10, I believe there are some device version numbers and what does STL-100-1(available in India), STL-100-2 etc mean?

Moreover, with the amount of inventory left with BlackBerry, and the prices in India already down to 27K from 45K in just 7 months, would you recommend buying it at 27K or wait for another couple of months, until new year, where I believe the prices would fall much more (much like PlayBook sale in 2012 new year)

I have used my friends Z10 and loved it, and I am in no mood of using iOS or android, I have been using BB (curve 9300) for more than 2 years now and feel like upgrading to BB10, but the pricing held me back for so long, now that it has come down to 27K, I believe BlackBerry is about to announce a big price cut with the $1 billion inventory left and with BB buyout in sight, what are the chances of BB making price cuts. They are always aggressive on price fronts, Z30 being launched at 40K, Q10 is still around 40K, Q5 at 25K
    10-30-13 07:17 AM
    There is always the possibility that prices will drop, but it depends on your need at the moment. As far as the version, can you do well with the -1 variant in your area? If so, it would be a good idea.
    10-30-13 07:22 AM
    There is always the possibility that prices will drop, but it depends on your need at the moment. As far as the version, can you do well with the -1 variant in your area? If so, it would be a good idea.
    Thanks qbnkelt, are all the Z10's up-gradable to 10.2? There have been issues faced by some users in Z10 to upgrade to 10.2.
    10-30-13 07:33 AM
    As for price that is 273.00 [439.20 US] Which is more than I paid a couple of months ago in the UK, at carphone warehouse.
    I paid 229.00 sim free but just checked online and the price today is 349.00 , 50% more than 2 months ago.

Either they priced it incorrectly or they have started selling better now and so price rises but prices can always go up and down in various marketing strategies.

If you are happy at 27,000 rupee and can afford it then buy it , if you want to take a chance then wait but be prepared , It is a good phone so you will not be disappointed.
    10-30-13 07:33 AM
    As for price that is 273.00 [439.20 US] Which is more than I paid a couple of months ago in the UK, at carphone warehouse.
    I paid 229.00 sim free but just checked online and the price today is 349.00 , 50% more than 2 months ago.

Either they priced it incorrectly or they have started selling better now and so price rises but prices can always go up and down in various marketing strategies.

If you are happy at 27,000 rupee and can afford it then buy it , if you want to take a chance then wait but be prepared , It is a good phone so you will not be disappointed.
    Great, but more than the price, i am concerned with the fact of BB buyout, I don't want to be in a situation where I buy it, and the very next day, company is sold out and the devices are discontinued. Are there any real chances of Z10 being discontinued, I know it is a great phone, but with amount of inventory left with BB, it is worth a question to ask.
    10-30-13 07:40 AM
    You can feel pretty safe that you will be able to use it for a long time, BB have some obligation to maintain service for some time and can not close shop in a day. BBM rolling out on Android should be a positive indication;

BB have more than the domestic consumers and have to keep a service to the corporate customers and honor existing contracts at least.

Nobody knows for sure but on Monday hopefully people know more , If you have doubts then buy something else , you should always have confidence when parting with money and make your own decision
    But plenty of people are still buying The Z10, Q10 and the Z30 too
    10-30-13 07:58 AM
    You can feel pretty safe that you will be able to use it for a long time, BB have some obligation to maintain service for some time and can not close shop in a day. BBM rolling out on Android should be a positive indication;

BB have more than the domestic consumers and have to keep a service to the corporate customers and honor existing contracts at least.

Nobody knows for sure but on Monday hopefully people know more , If you have doubts then buy something else , you should always have confidence when parting with money and make your own decision
    But plenty of people are still buying The Z10, Q10 and the Z30 too
    That helps, there is no way I am going to buy an iphone or a samsung, it would be a White Z10 and that too pretty soon. Thanks all
    10-30-13 11:02 PM
    Hi Wafiwanders

Is Z10 up-gradable to 10.2 OS without any lag.
    kindly post some videos where someone has installed 10.2 on z10.

Thanks
    11-04-13 04:20 AM
    Stl100-1 is 3G and stl100-2 us 4G

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 04:48 AM