I'm trying to see if I made a mistake when I set up a Bluetooth connection between my Q10 & a windows 7/64bit PC. It almost worked, my PC can tell the Q10 is nearby but I can't get it to actually connect so I can save files from the Q10 & do a last sync with BlackBerry link to get everything ready for switching to a Passport.

Can anyone help with the "dummies guide to connecting a BB10 device via Bluetooth"? Or is there a way to use my WiFi network to let them communicate?
    Thanks!

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    06-10-19 10:56 AM
    LINK should work with WiFi.... but should and does are very different things at this point in time. But LINK doesn't do full backups over Wi-Fi, only syncs some data.

When I first made the switch to BB10 with the Z10 and LINK... Bluetooth wasn' t an option. Reason was it's too slow and not good for the amount of data involved. Not sure if they ever added that option back into LINK or not. But I don't think you'd be happy trying to do a full backup over Bluetooth.

Is your USB port bad? If not that's what you need for device transfer from the Q10 to a Passport.
    06-10-19 11:19 AM
    I'm trying to see if I made a mistake when I set up a Bluetooth connection between my Q10 & a windows 7/64bit PC. It almost worked, my PC can tell the Q10 is nearby but I can't get it to actually connect so I can save files from the Q10 & do a last sync with BlackBerry link to get everything ready for switching to a Passport.

Can anyone help with the "dummies guide to connecting a BB10 device via Bluetooth"? Or is there a way to use my WiFi network to let them communicate?
    Thanks!

Forget about BT - It's brutally slow and would be the last option for me. Definitely go with a usb connection and drag and drop with Windows File Explorer.
    06-10-19 11:23 AM
    I appreciate your mentioning that it'll be slow, and USB would be a first choice if I could. The micro USB port died over a year ago, and I don't think that I need a full backup, just wanted to sync contacts & calendar entries with Office. (to save myself hours of tedious data entry) I already keep photos & audio on the micro SD card, and while it'd be nice to save the text threads I'll just send the most important ones to myself if needed. I just wanted to finish the partially created connection that I managed to somehow mess up. Even if it takes an hour or so to complete the sync I'll still be ahead since I can just read a book or watch TV while it does the work of filling out the calendar & contacts in the meantime.

06-10-19 02:29 PM
    I appreciate your mentioning that it'll be slow, and USB would be a first choice if I could. The micro USB port died over a year ago, and I don't think that I need a full backup, just wanted to sync contacts & calendar entries with Office. (to save myself hours of tedious data entry) I already keep photos & audio on the micro SD card, and while it'd be nice to save the text threads I'll just send the most important ones to myself if needed. I just wanted to finish the partially created connection that I managed to somehow mess up. Even if it takes an hour or so to complete the sync I'll still be ahead since I can just read a book or watch TV while it does the work of filling out the calendar & contacts in the meantime.

Hey scuba, just saying hi as I'm passing by.
    06-10-19 04:25 PM
    ...Or is there a way to use my WiFi network to let them communicate?
    Just use the built-in wifi access feature. Works like a charm for me.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    06-10-19 05:32 PM

I don't see a Bluetooth option...

Wi-Fi would be your best choice, but too be honest I always had to help that out with a USB connection from time to time to get it going. But give it a try.

You could use something like Ultimate Backup to backup your info into a standard format and then use that to restore on your new device. Won't help with Apps or settings, but would help with Contacts, Text, Calendar....
    06-11-19 08:35 AM
    Long time no chat, Chuck. Hope you're doing well!

06-13-19 04:17 PM
    Just use the built-in wifi access feature. Works like a charm for me.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    Appreciate the idea, but don't know how to set it up or make it work. By chance do you have someplace I can get directions spelled out? I've been very frustrated trying to accomplish this!

06-13-19 04:19 PM
    Appreciate the idea, but don't know how to set it up or make it work. By chance do you have someplace I can get directions spelled out? I've been very frustrated trying to accomplish this!

On the BB10 device:

Settings
    Storage and Access
    Access via Wifi

On the windows machine, browse to Network Neighborhood (or Windows Explorer - not the web browser) and then in the address bar use slash slash (I always forget if it is backwards slash or forward slash) and device name.

You can even setup the username and password to be common with the windows account you are using.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    06-13-19 04:26 PM
    ...someplace I can get directions spelled out?

This one says you need to use the bb10 device IP address to find it but using the device name normally works fine for me.

There are a bunch of other mainly similar articles if you Google around.

https://helpblog.blackberry.com/2013...z10-files-wifi

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    06-13-19 04:31 PM

You can set up the way spARTacus has shown you but you can also use an app. In BBW download and install Dukto for your BB10 device. For your Windows machine just download Dukto 6 program then you are golden.
    06-13-19 04:40 PM
    You can set up the way spARTacus has shown you but you can also use an app. In BBW download and install Dukto for your BB10 device. For your Windows machine just download Dukto 6 program then you are golden.
    Dukto works good as well, and also across bb10, android and iOS from what I remember).
    06-13-19 09:17 PM
    Dukto works good as well, and also across bb10, android and iOS from what I remember).
    Yep - works with almost all platforms and it is a VERY minimal install. That's why I prefer it to setting up a share on Windows.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    06-13-19 09:48 PM