I used my BlackBerry headset (the one that came with the Q10) in the gym for the first time last night. I had to turn up the volume because the gym was so loud however my left ear piece started sounding like it was rattling. Anyway can anyone suggest a different headset for the Q10?

Preferably with:

Ability to use on phone calls (w/ mic)
    In-ear type
    Durable
    Better quality sound

BBQ10
    09-04-13 12:34 PM
    If you are ok with bluetooth headphones, check out the Jaybird Bluebuds X. They are expensive, but "cordless," so they aren't too movement-hindering, and therefore there's no tugging while running. They also come with a lifetime sweat guarantee, although I'm not sure how one would go about confirming/denying sweat damage lol.
    09-04-13 12:42 PM
    Good question. I'm also interested.
    09-04-13 12:42 PM
    I love my LG HBS 730! Bluetooth, great sound and plenty of sound. They wear around the neck and are so comfortable, I usually forget I have them on when not listening.
    09-04-13 12:52 PM
    Bose IE sport are good earphones with specially adapted comfort ear pieces.
    dosto likes this.
    09-04-13 12:56 PM
    I'd recommend the Shure SE 425.

- durable as far as I can tell (I got mine a few yearas ago)
    - easily exchangeable and very strong (Kevlar) cord
    - they don't pop out accidenty
    - quite a few earplugs and a tool for cleaning included
    - easy to clean
    - very natural sound (not too bass-intense,...)
    - VERY comfortable
    - lound enough
    anon(870071) likes this.
    09-04-13 03:02 PM
    Thanks for the input guys, I will look more into this and make a side by side comparison.

BBQ10
    09-04-13 06:05 PM
    Bose IE sport are good earphones with specially adapted comfort ear pieces.
    I love my Bose headphones. Use them every day with my Q10.

@dunaway - Posted with TMO Q10 via CB10
    09-04-13 06:09 PM
    @dosto, do you have the in-ear style bose?

BBQ10
    09-04-13 06:29 PM
    @dosto, do you have the in-ear style bose?

BBQ10
    Yes, I have the in-ear, but not the "sport" version, which I would suggest getting if you plan on exercising a lot with headphones. Great sound and very comfortable.

09-04-13 10:41 PM
    If you are ok with bluetooth headphones, check out the Jaybird Bluebuds X. They are expensive, but "cordless," so they aren't too movement-hindering, and therefore there's no tugging while running. They also come with a lifetime sweat guarantee, although I'm not sure how one would go about confirming/denying sweat damage lol.
    I would second this. If price isn't an issue, JayBird Bluebuds X are great for running.
    09-04-13 11:00 PM
    Wired - Bose SIE2
    Wireless - Plantronics Backbeat Go 2 or bluetooth clip from Sony HBH-MW600 or newer models.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 06:40 AM
    I'm interested in this as I too want a durable headset for running. Although I can't recommend any headset, I can tell you a particular headset that you should avoid.
    Hi-sense HB420S Bluetooth stereo headset. Used it for about less than a year and it broke (right side already deaf). It was still under warranty so I had it replaced with a new one of the same model. And less than another year, it broke with the exact same symptom. Since it's out of warranty, can't have them replace it anymore. They claim that it is good for jogging, it doesn't seem to be sweatproof.
    09-05-13 06:59 AM
    Gosh, there's so many options... right now though I'm leading toward more wired.

So much to consider. Wish I could try all of them.

BBQ10
    09-05-13 12:36 PM
    I use my JayBird bluebirds for working out and I do sweat bullets and they are still operational and clean looking. Just a quick wipe with a towel and their good to go. The sound is the best as there will always be a bit of sound loss with bluetooth. I opted for these as apparently they are of top choice for pro athletes in terms of wear and durability. You need a product that will deter the effects of moisture damage like heavy perspiration. They even hold up running in the pouring rain as well. They are quite steep in price but would be well worth it as they would last longer and the sound quality is above par.

Normal in ear headsets regardless of price will not hold up with the level of moisture they will be exposed to during working out and heavy perspiration. So no matter how expensive they are I wouldn't recommend non-working out models.

As my normal in-ear headphones, I tried quite a few and for me comfort, sound quality, and price I settled on the Monster DNA in-ear headset. The quality of the in-ear fit is excellent and comes with 5 pairs of silicone buds including a large and small flange type of silicone ear buds that block out noise completely. Sound wise it's pretty awesome with clear base, clear mids highs and lows with no vocal exaggeration. The big bonus is that they are also manufactured with the flat cable (like linguine) and are tangle free. I have skull candy 50/50's I use for working out if I need a corded headset. Similar quality to monster DNA in-ear but won't break the bank if wrecked. I got mine onslae at bestbuy for 24.99$. Not bad since they usually go for around 70$. The call control features work beautifully on BlackBerry os10. Disregard the apple only info on the side of the package. Any headset designed for apple will work no prob.

Originally prior to finding out jaybirds were available I was using the Sony Ericsson mw 600 bluetooth headset. This bluetooth stereo device pins to your lapel and you can use you own headset and making headset replacement relatively easy. If jaybirds are too expensive go for the Sony Ericsson bluetooth products as its also quite a good wireless product for workingout. That's pretty much it for a good wireless bt product. I've tried lots and really the best functionality are the Sony bluetooth stereo headsets. There are now two newer models. One with the ability to insert memory cars and without. Keep in mind if headsets are damaged, you can just replace with different ones. All other models, if you damage one of the in-ear headsets, the entire device is toast.

Durability during heavy prespriation should always be a key factor in choosing a headset for working out!!!

Sent from my SGH-I957R using CB Forums mobile app
    Last edited by cellphonejunkey; 09-09-13 at 07:21 AM.
    09-05-13 09:01 PM
    OK guys,

I've narrowed down my search to two sets mainly because if I'm going to spend over $100 on a pair of headphones I need it to be able to:
    a)Noise Canceling - So I don't have to turn them on BLAST to hear my music over noise e.g. plane, gym, etc
    b)Feature a mic - So I can also use them when I make/receive phonecalls
    c)Be Wired so I don't have to mess with making sure it's connected via bluetooth or be battery draining.

So help me out and voice your opinions please based on what you would do for yourself and take into consideration my main want as listed above.

Bose� - QuietComfort� 20 Acoustic Noise Cancelling� Earbud Headphones $299.99

Shure SE215-bk & Music Phone Adapter Cable for BlackBerry and Most Android Phones $148.99

Thanks!
    09-07-13 11:02 PM
    Skull candy!

Posted via my Q10
    09-07-13 11:26 PM
    Skull candy!

Posted via my Q10
    Any particular model? Do they have one that has a mic as well and is notice canceling?
    09-07-13 11:30 PM
    OK guys,

I've narrowed down my search to two sets mainly because if I'm going to spend over $100 on a pair of headphones I need it to be able to:
    a)Noise Canceling - So I don't have to turn them on BLAST to hear my music over noise e.g. plane, gym, etc
    b)Feature a mic - So I can also use them when I make/receive phonecalls
    c)Be Wired so I don't have to mess with making sure it's connected via bluetooth or be battery draining.

So help me out and voice your opinions please based on what you would do for yourself and take into consideration my main want as listed above.

Bose� - QuietComfort� 20 Acoustic Noise Cancelling� Earbud Headphones $299.99

Shure SE215-bk & Music Phone Adapter Cable for BlackBerry and Most Android Phones $148.99

Thanks!
    I would use neither for working out but Beats by Dr. Due tours would be a great choice. They are designed for working out to say in place. The price tag is a bit less but you are always gonna risk moisture damage, so make sure you get it from best buy, futureshop, or the source where it will cover damage exchange. When I'm working out I tend to use cheaper headsets ones that I don't care that can be wrecked. Skull candy 50/50's are great for sound quality, call clarity and decent noise cancellation. They're reg$ about 70$ and got mine in sale from best buy for 24.99$ so no complaints here and fully compatible with bb functions as ll for volume control, song skip, voice calling, and hangup.

09-08-13 08:57 AM
    I would use neither for working out but Beats by Dr. Due tours would be a great choice. They are designed for working out to say in place. The price tag is a bit less but you are always gonna risk moisture damage, so make sure you get it from best buy, futureshop, or the source where it will cover damage exchange. When I'm working out I tend to use cheaper headsets ones that I don't care that can be wrecked. Skull candy 50/50's are great for sound quality, call clarity and decent noise cancellation. They're reg$ about 70$ and got mine in sale from best buy for 24.99$ so no complaints here and fully compatible with bb functions as ll for volume control, song skip, voice calling, and hangup.

Will these work with my Q10 as far for phonecalls? It seems to be targeting Apple products specifically?
    Skullcandy - 50/50 Earbud Stereo Headphones
    09-08-13 10:18 AM
    I'd go for the Bose; expensive, but worth the investment. I'm considering getting those myself.

09-08-13 06:13 PM
    Quickcell S150 has been the only reliable dual ear sport types of Bluetooth that I have found so far to work consistently and reliably with my z10 and they were reasonably priced. I had my phone in the bag on my wife's bike and the headphones on while riding my bike and the range was good when we were not riding side by side. Today they worked well for a 2 hour hike even with the sportstracker app going at the same time.
    09-09-13 02:08 AM
    Will these work with my Q10 as far for phonecalls? It seems to be targeting Apple products specifically?
    I assure you 100% the call control features work with BlackBerry os10 no prob! Any headset that has apple on the side of the product can be used!

Posted in CB forums and on Bbos leak 10.2.1047
    09-09-13 07:07 AM
    I use the zagg branded smart buds because they hang around my neck do if I want to yank one out at the gym or on my run it just sits on my neck without flopping. I use mine daily at the gym and for running. No issues yet and by has been been multiple years. I can run for over 10 miles and they stay put and haven't had moisture issues. In line mic and volume control work great.

AT&T STL100-3 10.2.0.1323
    09-09-13 07:35 AM
    and make sure you get them from the source with extended warranty cux it covers 2 replacements if moisture damage sets in!
    09-09-13 11:07 AM
35 12