Hi All,
    First time on the crackberry forums. Yesterday, my wife and I had to switch to Verizon due to my job change. The company informed me I had to purchase a blackberry for business needs. I decided to go with the Q10-something about this little guy I loved. I am an AVID cell phone user. I.E. in the last year alone I have tried 13 different cell phones. So, switching to BB initially was a tough pill to swallow since I have never been a user. However, I am really enjoying myself. The simplicity and ease of use is ridiculously refreshing, and so far the battery life has blown anything i've had out of the water. My only concern is I am having a lot of trouble typing on a physical keyboard. I have never used one, and initially came onboard to smartphones with the iphone 3g- so everything since 2009 has been virtual keys. I decided not to go with the Z10 because of my experiences with other phones in the same genre like the HTC One and the GS4 (plus, a lot of people have scared me away with battery life on the Z10). Having experienced those, I didn't want to compare my BB experience with them and have a bias. I also really like using my ipad mini which collects dust as phones get larger and larger. So, I went the other direction with a very small screen by todays standards so I can enjoy both devices. Will I get used to these physical keys over time, or should I swallow my bias and return within the 14 days and get a Z10 since its what i'm used to? Gotta say I really don't mind BB 10!
    07-11-13 01:32 PM
    Hi All,
    First time on the crackberry forums. Yesterday, my wife and I had to switch to Verizon due to my job change. The company informed me I had to purchase a blackberry for business needs. I decided to go with the Q10-something about this little guy I loved. I am an AVID cell phone user. I.E. in the last year alone I have tried 13 different cell phones. So, switching to BB initially was a tough pill to swallow since I have never been a user. However, I am really enjoying myself. The simplicity and ease of use is ridiculously refreshing, and so far the battery life has blown anything i've had out of the water. My only concern is I am having a lot of trouble typing on a physical keyboard. I have never used one, and initially came onboard to smartphones with the iphone 3g- so everything since 2009 has been virtual keys. I decided not to go with the Z10 because of my experiences with other phones in the same genre like the HTC One and the GS4 (plus, a lot of people have scared me away with battery life on the Z10). Having experienced those, I didn't want to compare my BB experience with them and have a bias. I also really like using my ipad mini which collects dust as phones get larger and larger. So, I went the other direction with a very small screen by todays standards so I can enjoy both devices. Will I get used to these physical keys over time, or should I swallow my bias and return within the 14 days and get a Z10 since its what i'm used to? Gotta say I really don't mind BB 10!
    You will definitely get used to the keys, however it may take longer than your 14day return limit, so it really is a tough call. On that I've owned the Z10, and now have the Q10. Both are amazing devices, I squeezed 12hrs use out of my Z10 on heavy use, and on top of that the Battery is swappable, so you can by the battery charger bundle and be good to go 24hrs a day. Z10 also has an amazing virtual keyboard, best i've used (and ive owned iOS devices and android devices). However, I have been and always will be a physical keyboard guy, ever since my first smartphone the BlackBerry Pearl 8100.
    bmhillegass87 likes this.
    07-11-13 01:44 PM
    You will get used to the physical keyboard no doubt! The time period it takes depends from person to person. I switched from an iPhone and I got used to the keyboard within 4 days.
    07-11-13 02:16 PM
    Read your review Rudy, really nice write up/comparison.
    07-11-13 02:28 PM
    Read your review Rudy, really nice write up/comparison.
    Thank you! Give your Q10 some time and you will see yourself enjoying it more and more every day.

Regards
    07-11-13 02:33 PM
    It takes a bit to get used to, but once you'll get it, you will find it hard to go back to a full touch screen. Worst case, there is a ton of people out there looking to swap their Z for a Q.
    07-11-13 03:41 PM
    It's not that difficult to get used to. Really depends on how much you practice. Once you are used to the keyboard then I doubt you'd ever look back. Only reason I stay with BlackBerry is because of the keyboard.

Posted Via CB10 on my Sexy *** wifi calling enabled Q10
    07-11-13 03:45 PM
    In all honesty- I will probably end up getting both. Z10's are running on ebay right now for around 350. For what you get that is not a bad deal at all. It can be my weekend toy!
    07-11-13 05:03 PM
    Actually went back to the store and exchanged it for the white Z10. Now I am fully in love. You just know when it's the right device for you. And the q10 didn't give me the feeling, but now I have it with the Z. Cracked out!!!

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 11:14 AM
    You will get used to the keys. Several years ago, I jumped from an iPhone 3G to a BlackBerry Curve 8900, my first phone with a keyboard. It took me a while to get used to the keyboard, but now that I'm so used to it I don't think I can ever go back.

Edit: Just read your last post. Glad you found the phone that works for you! The worst thing to happen is being stuck with a phone that you don't enjoy. Now all you need is for Verizon to release 10.1 which eliminates many of the bugs that came with 10.0.

Welcome to BlackBerry!

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    07-12-13 11:44 AM
    Hi All,
    Hey my thoughts are sort of opposite! I originally switched from a BlackBerry device ( longest devic used). I got a bit bored with the hardware and moved over to the samsung note>s3>8.9 lte tablet>s4 then.....finally over to BlackBerry Bold 9900> then finally to Q10!

It drove me nutts to no end with the typing inaccuracy even with an upgraded virtual keyboard swype. I know I type correctly and can manouver the qwerty layouts with my eyes closed but to have to constantly backspace to get the correct words/ letters. It was frustrating, annoying, and a waste of time!

I will always be a keyboard user and I can honestly say I will never ever go back to a touch type virtual keyboard style, it's a joke!!!!

Posted via CB10
    rudyalexc likes this.
    07-12-13 12:26 PM
    Fingers crossed car guy for 10.1!

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 03:38 PM