Hello,
    I cannot backup my Q10. I have followed all the Tips and Demos on this site and BB site, but no luck. It is brand new no mods to the phone or
    anything. I've signed in to my BB id everywhere I can think
    On BB link I hit the back up and restore tab, there is a message saying I need to login into my device with my BB ID (all in red). I've checked on my phone and I am logged in. I've factory reset the phone, no luck. I've taken back to store were I got it and they can't figure it out? Am I missing something? I know it is something really simple.
    10-19-13 09:16 PM
    Having trouble backing up Q10-img_00000003-copy.jpg Here is a photo of what I'm seeing.
    10-19-13 09:48 PM
    Is that the latest link?

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    10-19-13 09:49 PM
    On the preferences tab it list it as ver. 1.2.028.
    10-19-13 09:54 PM
    Rebooted PC as well as phone?

10-19-13 09:56 PM
    Yes on both. I've also removed the device from link then removed the computer from the phone ( if that makes sense). Restarted both.
    10-19-13 10:00 PM
    Change bbid with a fresh never used email address

https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/bbid/login/

Do it on PC though

lostsmiles likes this.
    10-19-13 10:06 PM
    Will try this and see what happens. Thank you very much.
    10-19-13 10:32 PM
    I would completely delete link, reboot pc, install fresh link and try again. What windows version are you running?

Q10 running10.2.1.641 leak and loving it!
    lostsmiles likes this.
    10-19-13 10:35 PM
    Good idea, link doesn't like being upgraded from previous version, fresh is best

10-19-13 10:44 PM
    No luck.... I'm running Windows 7, Deleted link and rebooted PC then reinstalled link rebooted PC. I'm still get the same thing. I tried again a factory reset and deleted link then reinstall everything. This time at the start up screen I chose not to enter my BB id info. I added link Rebooted PC and plugged my phone in. Tried to do a back up. When (in red) warning came up about entering BB id on phone, I did. Tried a back up again, but still not backing up. I have all my contacts on my phone, but If I want to back up my phone I cannot.

Any other ideas I can try?

On Monday the Sprint store I bought it from wants me to bring in my laptop and phone and see if they figure it out. Their two main Blackberry techs will be there.
    10-20-13 10:08 AM
    I cannot back up my Q10 either. I have in the past. I am afraid to push the factory reset because I don't want to lose the contacts and calendar entries input since my last back up. Link won't recognize my phone. It says it's not connected to my computer when it is, but when I check the "remove device" option, it says the computer and phone are communicating, but the only thing that happens is that circle keeps spinning. I tried pulling the battery in my phone and rebooting the computer--no change.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 11:28 PM
    I cannot back up my Q10 either. I have in the past. I am afraid to push the factory reset because I don't want to lose the contacts and calendar entries input since my last back up. Link won't recognize my phone. It says it's not connected to my computer when it is, but when I check the "remove device" option, it says the computer and phone are communicating, but the only thing that happens is that circle keeps spinning. I tried pulling the battery in my phone and rebooting the computer--no change.

Posted via CB10
    "remove device" de-authorizes your Q10 from BB Link (not good). It seems to me when I first used BB Link I got the spinning circle of death because of a window that was hidden by the BB Link interface. check your taskbar and/or minimize BB Link to see if something is going on hidden underneath it.
    10-20-13 11:59 PM
    I changed the USB cable I was using, reconnected my phone to the computer, went back into the settings for both the computer and the phone and checked everything I could. I did find that the designated operating system under the phone settings was listed as "XP." I had never changed it since the last sync. However, my computer OS is windows 7, so I changed it, and went back to the menu. The only option it allowed was to sync my windows contacts. Once I did that, the other options, which had been grayed out, including "back up," became available. When I pressed on "back up" it said "backiup full," but clicking on the phone tab showed the phone was in the process of backing up, and it did back-up.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 02:54 AM
    Whenever I've had Link problems but mainly with Restoring it has always been because of my device password.

I turn off my device password and then it works straight away.

Posted via my CB Q10
    lostsmiles likes this.
    10-21-13 07:59 AM
    Before I give the answer to my problem, I would of thought that this feature would of be turned on from get go. The techs at the store and myself took us an hour to figure it out.

BlackBerry Protect was not turned on. If I missed this step in any of the demos, I'm sorry to everyone who tried to help. I honestly never saw in the tips and demos. I can backup my phone with no problems.
    Thanks to everyone who tried to help.
    10-21-13 12:17 PM
    I had so many issues trying to back up my Q10 then I read to put in Airplane mode and I did that and it worked using BBlink Q10 in Airplane mode worked no prob
    04-18-14 01:49 PM