I've had my Z10 for 5 months now, but an starting to miss the physical keyboard. The on screen keyboard of BB10 is great, in fact I'd say it is the best in the business, but I still miss that physical qwerty bliss of BlackBerry devices. Anyone thinking or doing the same thing? I'd like to buy an unlocked Q10, any ideas on what in should pay?

Posted via CB10
    geekaren likes this.
    01-27-14 12:49 PM
    Hi! Welcome aboard. Check the market place. I found an amazing deal there.

Yes, it was used, but it was in pristine condition.

Otherwise they're around 350 in Amazon.
    01-27-14 12:56 PM
    I've had my Z10 for 5 months now, but an starting to miss the physical keyboard. The on screen keyboard of BB10 is great, in fact I'd say it is the best in the business, but I still miss that physical qwerty bliss of BlackBerry devices. Anyone thinking or doing the same thing? I'd like to buy an unlocked Q10, any ideas on what in should pay?

Posted via CB10
    You'll love the battery life too... the marketplace is good, so is eBay. I got a new one so I don't know the market value but I'm sure it's consistent everywhere

Posted from my Q10 via CB10
    01-27-14 01:43 PM
    Made the same switch about two weeks ago.

Must say that I'm very pleased I did. I liked my Z10 a lot, and still do, but the Q is just a delight to write longer messages. As good as the virtual keyboard is the experience of the clicky keyboard just is in a league of its own.

Although the screen is definitely a lot smaller it isn't tiny. The device as a whole does feel small, and that's a great thing. It slips easily in your pocket without the feeling you cannot bend your leg any longer.

Battery life is just awesome compared to the Z, wich also got me through the day, but only just. With the Q it's not just, it's easily and that's a comfort.

I would say, go! Second hand is a great option btw. Got mine too in mint condition for half the price of retail.

Posted via BlackBerry Q10
    01-27-14 05:03 PM
    Its the main reason I chose the Q over the Z. Physical keys are a must for me.
    01-27-14 05:18 PM
    same here...if physical keyboard is important choose the Q10 is the wa to go if not z30 i guess

Posted with my Q10 on 10.2.0.429
    01-27-14 05:28 PM
    I moved over to Verizon for the Z30 and wanted to have a Verizon compatible Q10 as well. I picked up a new unlocked Verizon Q10 on Amazon here for about $370 (sold by a mango wireless but fulfilled by Amazon).
    01-27-14 05:30 PM
    Made the same switch a week ago... had to do it way earlier... the keyboard is a major advantage!

Posted from the awesome Q10
    01-27-14 05:33 PM
    Had the Z for a while. Just picked up the Q a week ago. Haven't missed it for a single second.

My Q10 is sexier than your Q10.
    01-27-14 05:50 PM
    Had the Z for a while. Just picked up the Q a week ago. Haven't missed it for a single second.

My Q10 is sexier than your Q10.
    Me too!

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 06:03 PM
    Just made the switch myself. I liked the Z but I love this Q10. I will be staying with the physical keyboard as long as there is one. As I learn the short cuts I'm getting quicker with it. Having the keyboard there all the time make several things like phone dialing faster as well. I picked up mine used in the marketplace as well but it's like new. Only thing I like about the z10 better would be the screen brightness but with a battery that seems to go forever on the Q it's a good trade off. I doubt you would be disappointed.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 06:20 PM
    Just make sure before you do anything load the 10.2.1.1925 OS leak on it. :-)

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-27-14 10:51 PM
    Just make sure before you do anything load the 10.2.1.1925 OS leak on it. :-)

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    This is great advice.

I have both, and prefer my Q10. I bought the Z10 because I wanted BlackBerry10 and the Q10 didn't come out for a few months, but once I go it, it was like coming back to a remodeled house that I've lived in for years.

While everything on the OS side has changed, that keyboard is like coming home. I was quickly back to typing without having to look, knowing where each button was. The battery life is much better than the Z10's. The Q10 is a great phone, and there are lots for like $300 on eBay.
    01-28-14 12:14 AM