Been using the Q10 since March 2013 and have dropped it a few times on..

The last drop was yesterday on concrete and that scratched it a bit.. I might get a OEM housing for it, but I was surprised how strong the device was built as only the battery cover came out...

Overall very satisfied with the build quality of the Q10...

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2947

Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 10:41 AM
    Dropped on pavement in snow and it was run over by a car. Had to get the screen replaced but other than that, it looks unscathed. And I've dropped it many times before and after this unfortunate car ordeal!

Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 11:13 AM
    I have dropped mine when I was getting out of my car and it landed face down, screen shattered and I couldn't even see display, but the keys would still light up. I ordered a replacement screen to try and replace, but it still didn't work. I had my Q in a case. It was a day that was very cold out, so I'm thinking that had something to do with it also. I like the way the Q looks without a case, but I'm always paranoid. I'm just glad I was able to get another Q10!

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    05-04-14 11:42 AM
    I've had one drop while getting out of a car and the phone landed on concrete (naked). Except for a small scuff on the bottom right corner of the battery cover, there wasn't any damage to the Q10. I am very impressed with how it held up. Compared to most other smartphones this thing is a beast

Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 03:32 PM
    Haven't dropped it very often.. must be the unique form factor xD

Posted via CB10 for Q10
    05-04-14 03:35 PM
    spilled 3 tequila sunrises and many coffees on mine. literally threw it away and dropped it on the ground many times accidentally. not a scratch, its a beast.
    05-04-14 06:32 PM
    Dropped mine more times than I care to acknowledge . . . Blemishes and scuffs. However, far more durable than the wife's iPhone. No contest.
    05-07-14 04:07 AM
    I don't like cases at all so I've never used one on any phone.

I've dropped my Q10 several times and nothing happened except for a few scratches on the frame.

Yesterday I've dropped it really bad from at least 1m over ground and it hit the floor hard.
    The display glass is shattered now, it has two large cracks all over the screen. The good thing is, when you face the display frontal you can't see it at all, from the side it's worse but not too bad either. When the display is off you can actually see it very well. Touch screen is not affected at all.

Basically the Q10 is a very very solid device, far
    more durable than the S3 I've owned. However it can't keep up with some of the legacy devices here, though this would be an unfair comparison I guess.

And after all, my phones live on the edge with me all the time anyways... they tend to look pretty worn down sooner or later. But for a BlackBerry that's a cool look I think

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 05:30 AM
    I dropped mine many a times since getting in July 2013 and never had disaster, just a few nicks on the housing. BUT this past April, which is the month of thaw/freeze in Anchorage, Alaska, I dropped her on an ice chunk. My heart still aches.... :-) My hubby is convinced he can replacement it for me, but I'm scared. Has anyone replaced their screen?
    Attached Thumbnails Have you dropped your Q10?-wp_20140531_003.jpg   Have you dropped your Q10?-wp_20140531_001.jpg  
    05-31-14 08:37 PM
    Well, Angie, there's no need to be scared. It's already broken, so you have nothing to lose by trying to fix it!
    05-31-14 10:59 PM
    I dropped mine many a times since getting in July 2013 and never had disaster, just a few nicks on the housing. BUT this past April, which is the month of thaw/freeze in Anchorage, Alaska, I dropped her on an ice chunk. My heart still aches.... :-) My hubby is convinced he can replacement it for me, but I'm scared. Has anyone replaced their screen?
    That's awful! You can definitely get a replacement for it and if your husband know what he's doing, I bet he can definitely repair it!

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 02:35 AM
    You guys are lucky. I only dropped it on sideway once made few dents on almost every corners and edges.

Sent from my HP ProBook 5330m using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails Have you dropped your Q10?-img_20140601_005417.jpg  
    06-01-14 03:21 AM
    I've dropped my Q10 accidently when I was asleep a few times..well, i was damn afraid though but it's still working well!

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 03:22 AM
    I have dropped mine a few times. I only use the BlackBerry OEM soft shell and let me tell ya it works well. It's the closest thing you will get to naked, most people don't even realize I have a case on it. I have dropped it several times and always seems to land on a corner and it seems the thin soft shell is enough to lessen the impact. Obviously if it lands on the screen your toast but statistics show most modern phones are designed weight wise to fall back first or corner first. I don't have a single scratch on my phone. The soft shell helps soften the blow yet I don't even notice it's there. Love it!

Always on my Q10!
    06-01-14 10:13 AM
    I have dropped mine a few times. I only use the BlackBerry OEM soft shell and let me tell ya it works well. It's the closest thing you will get to naked, most people don't even realize I have a case on it. I have dropped it several times and always seems to land on a corner and it seems the thin soft shell is enough to lessen the impact. Obviously if it lands on the screen your toast but statistics show most modern phones are designed weight wise to fall back first or corner first. I don't have a single scratch on my phone. The soft shell helps soften the blow yet I don't even notice it's there. Love it!

Always on my Q10!
    Could you post a picture of how it looks? I'm interested in the description you gave of how it looks ^^

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 10:29 AM
    Could you post a picture of how it looks? I'm interested in the description you gave of how it looks ^^

Posted via CB10

Have you dropped your Q10?-img-20140601-00914.jpg
    Have you dropped your Q10?-img-20140601-00916.jpg

There ya go

Always on my Q10!
    06-01-14 07:11 PM
    That one sure looks nice, mine is all bulky (although very strong) and it makes me feel like I'm carrying a 2007 BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 08:36 PM
    I have dropped my Q10 a few times at home, no signs of damage. Only drop that scuffed up the bezel was on concrete last month. Landed face first, so escaping with only a few scuffs is quite impressive.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 10:16 PM
43 12