This is driving me absolutely crazy!

For the last few days, I have noticed that I have to swipe twice to actually unlock the screen and get into my phone. I would say I have to do this about 98/100 times! I am not exaggerating.
    I swipe the first time, and it wakes up my Q10 to the lock screen. I then have to swipe again to get into my phone.
    I have tried several different "techniques" of swiping. Length, speed, angle of approach, so and and so forth. It still happens.
    I would think it's just me, but the fact that it just started happening a few days ago, and I haven't changed anything, that's what has me wondering why it's happening.

So is anyone experiencing this? I have tried pretty much everything I can think of short of wiping and restoring. I will give it a few more days before I do that.

Posted via my Q10 via the awesome CB10 app!
    06-06-13 09:11 PM
    Also,
    I haven't had any other trouble with swiping at all with my Q10.

The only time I am having trouble is going from standby to waking it up.

06-06-13 09:17 PM
    Are you sure you aren't in bedside mode? Like do you pull the shade down from the top? That is the only time my phone requires two swipes to wake up. I have a z10 but assuming same idea.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 09:20 PM
    Do you mean starting from a blank screen? Like off basically? I have to swipe once to get to the lock screen and another time to get past that. I thought that was normal behaviour...
    kevinnugent likes this.
    06-06-13 09:23 PM
    I had this same issue a few days ago, very annoying I agree lolol. I rebooted, it went away some time after.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    06-06-13 09:24 PM
    No bedside mode. I only have to exit out of that in the mornings. Then I don't put it back into bedside mode until I go to bed.

As far as I know this isn't normal behavior. As I said, it just started doing this a few days ago. Before then, to unlock/wake my phone, it was one simple swipe up, and bam, I was back into whatever I was doing.
    That was one of the greatest things about the phone.

I am not saying it's the end of the world, I am not so lazy that one more swipe will kill me, it's just more of a nuisance then anything.

06-06-13 09:29 PM
    No bedside mode. I only have to exit out of that in the mornings. Then I don't put it back into bedside mode until I go to bed.

As far as I know this isn't normal behavior. As I said, it just started doing this a few days ago. Before then, to unlock/wake my phone, it was one simple swipe up, and bam, I was back into whatever I was doing.
    That was one of the greatest things about the phone.

I am not saying it's the end of the world, I am not so lazy that one more swipe will kill me, it's just more of a nuisance then anything.

Ya that's not normal behaviour. Have you tried a reboot? Hold the button down for about 30 seconds not just to power down?

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 09:32 PM
    Interesting. I think that when you turn on "Allow the power button to unlock the device", you then only have to swipe the once... But I'm not positive. You'd think this woudl be easy to test, but I'm having a hard time as I'm not 100% positive the device has gone to sleep or whatever in the time I'm leaving it after turning it off...

ETA: Never mind. I think I'm wrong! I think when it does only require one swipe, I just haven't left it long enough.
    06-06-13 09:36 PM
    Awesome, I rebooted and I don't see the lock screen anymore... Unless I press the power button or one of the number keys. The one swipe takes me right in... Sweet as.
    06-06-13 09:49 PM
    I did the 30 second reboot yesterday and still had the same problem all day today.
    Since others are having the problem, it could just be a little bug feature.
    Worst case scenario I will do a restore tomorrow and see if that fixes it.
    Thanks so far for the tips though!

06-06-13 09:53 PM
    If you are in a message when the phone goes to sleep you will have to do the double swipe. I think it is done on purpose to prevent inadvertent pocket messaging.
    06-06-13 11:02 PM
    I can see how this can be a problem. waking the z10 was efforless since it had the "Blackberry" bezel on the bottom, a nice little starting dock area, where as the q10 barely has an area you can shoot out of like the q5. if you noticed they moved the blackberry logo to the bottom of the screen giving you that nice dock area to swipe up from like the z10. hopefully this won't give me too much trouble when I get it. been looking forward to it ever since they announced it
    06-06-13 11:15 PM
    Keep us posted on how it goes after the reboot !
    06-07-13 05:16 AM
    Well I decided to say screw it and did a restore last night.

It might be too soon to tell but I am not having any problems anymore. I will see how it goes as time goes on.

06-07-13 09:02 AM
    If you are in a message when the phone goes to sleep you will have to do the double swipe. I think it is done on purpose to prevent inadvertent pocket messaging.
    I have never had to do this before. And now that I have done a restore I don't have to do it as well.

For me, it's always been one quick, simple swipe to wake up the phone.

06-07-13 09:03 AM
    I can see how this can be a problem. waking the z10 was efforless since it had the "Blackberry" bezel on the bottom, a nice little starting dock area, where as the q10 barely has an area you can shoot out of like the q5. if you noticed they moved the blackberry logo to the bottom of the screen giving you that nice dock area to swipe up from like the z10. hopefully this won't give me too much trouble when I get it. been looking forward to it ever since they announced it
    I felt the same way before too.
    Remember when all the leaked and demo videos were coming out before the Q10 was release, a lot of people were having problems with swiping up.
    Once I actually got my Q10 on launch day, there wasn't any problems at all.
    Honestly, I think there was just something wrong with my Q, and I needed to refresh it.

The Q5 design does seem a little bit better though. Having that actual bottom bezel would be nice.

06-07-13 09:06 AM
    If you set it to wake with the power button, then you don't have to swipe at all... you just hit the button up top. boom...done.
    06-09-13 03:50 PM
    Well, a few days after the restore and I am not having the problem anymore.
    Good to go now!

AsianGloBo and Jforssblad like this.
    06-09-13 09:43 PM
    Well, a few days after the restore and I am not having the problem anymore.
    Good to go now!

Good to hear chief!
    06-09-13 10:02 PM
    I have the same problem. The reboot fix does fix the problem, but ever couple of days it resurfaces and I have to reboot again. Not the end of the world, but very annoying. BB needs to look into this and come up with a software fix in their next update. Has anyone found out if there is some glitch in the software that causes this to happen? Does running certain programs tend to cause this to happen? Any advice anyone has would be appreciated.
    07-05-13 01:45 PM
    A slight aside, when I first read the title I thought there was an issue with having to do multiple swipes up from the bottom for that action to work. This is the only thing that has me hesitating on the Q10. I strongly want the keyboard but I noticed when I was playing with the demos that I would have occasional misfires swiping up from the bottom whether it was to minimize an active frame or to do the peek gesture. That didn't seem to be an issue on the Z10. As has been noted by someone else in this thread the bezel space for swiping is smaller on the Q compared to the Z, so I'm wondering if the swipe up misfires are a common annoyance for those with the Q10.
    07-05-13 02:41 PM
    A slight aside, when I first read the title I thought there was an issue with having to do multiple swipes up from the bottom for that action to work. This is the only thing that has me hesitating on the Q10. I strongly want the keyboard but I noticed when I was playing with the demos that I would have occasional misfires swiping up from the bottom whether it was to minimize an active frame or to do the peek gesture. That didn't seem to be an issue on the Z10. As has been noted by someone else in this thread the bezel space for swiping is smaller on the Q compared to the Z, so I'm wondering if the swipe up misfires are a common annoyance for those with the Q10.
    It took me about a day after getting my Q10 to get into the groove of consistently having my upward swipes do what they were intended to do. After that, I have had a high rate of success (>95%) with "first attempt" upward swipes.
    07-05-13 06:18 PM
    Just a small trick. To wake your phone up you can press any number on the keypad. Now your screen should be awake. Now swipe up and you should be able put in your password. I guess I've never noticed if I've had to swipe more than once cause I always wake my phone up by pressing a number on the keyboard or sliding it out of the leather holster.

Posted via BlackBerry Q10. Best damn phone on the planet. This message will self destruct in 10 seconds...
    07-05-13 06:34 PM
    Just a small trick. To wake your phone up you can press any number on the keypad. Now your screen should be awake. Now swipe up and you should be able put in your password. I guess I've never noticed if I've had to swipe more than once cause I always wake my phone up by pressing a number on the keyboard or sliding it out of the leather holster.

Posted via BlackBerry Q10. Best damn phone on the planet. This message will self destruct in 10 seconds...
    Pretty much this.
    I had the same problem and then I just started pressing any of the number buttons on the keypad then I swiped up. It doesn't necessarily solve the problem but I can work with it.
    07-05-13 08:54 PM
    Rest your thumb half on the top of any two letter keys and half on the fret above those keys. Then swipe up. The sensor I think sits just above the top fret so if start to high it doesn't catch or just slides the screen if your in a message, app, or browser. Sounds silly, but it's all about position and the right swipe speed. Once you get it right, you'll be spot on forever. I would go as far as calling it a flick not a swipe. Think of trying to flick it with your thumb to the top of the screen.

07-05-13 09:09 PM
30 12