I've been using my Passport since it launched in London. I stumbled upon my Q10 and ok the screen is much smaller but overall the phone is really more usable, easily fits in my hands and my pocket. Sure anyone will tell you the Passport fits in your jeans pockets... that is, if you don't dare moving...or it will turn on and press keystrokes... Somehow the Q10 feels more natural than my Passport.

I guess after 2 months I still can't quite get used to the Passport's width. I carry the Passport mostly in a small bag and handcrafted a sleeve out of a traditional passport protection. But it make the whole thing not very straight forward. To pick up a call, i got to zip out the bad, find the phone, sleeve it out... Plus I got to use both hands most of the time.

So i'm thinking about going back to my Q10 eagerly waiting for the 10.3.1 update with Blend support.

Has anyone here done the same and given up the Passport to get back to the Q10 ?
    11-22-14 05:38 PM
    No

I loved my Q10 while I had it, but once I used the Passport for 30 minutes, the screen size was such a difference, I can't readjust back to the Q10 even if I wanted to/tried.

The size doesn't affect me at all even though I thought it would. Fits in my skinny jeans/pants no problem, or in my coat/suit jacket no problem.
    11-22-14 05:56 PM
    I have a pp... but I use my Q10 90% of the time... so portable!
    11-23-14 11:52 AM
    I haven't switched back yet, if I would switch, I'd rather get the Classic instead of using the Q10. The Q is much more portable and easier to use in many situations, plus I really dislike the virtual shift key of my Passport. It happens on a regular basis that either my thumbs are typing too fast or the system is too slow, so after typing a single capitalised letter of a word it also capitalises the second letter. Quite annoying, even though it doesn't really happen often.
    The Passport is a great device for sure, but so is the Q10 and most likely the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 01:24 AM
    Yes, I am doing that exact same thing this morning. I picked up my q10 today and it is so much more comfortable in the hand compared to the passport. I used the passport for a month and I am switching back to the q10 today.
    11-24-14 09:55 AM
    You guys are lucky you have the money to buy the passsport. Anyways, I would love to see the passport in action with my hands. The Q10 is really portable and a workhorse. Only down side is the screen.

" Initiated from my QNX10 "
    11-24-14 05:46 PM
    I would really love to get my hands on the passport but I'm still waiting for prices to go down in my country though. Anyway I am loving my Q10 so far just switched from a 5c for almost a year to this beauty and no regrets at all!

Posted via BlackBerry Q10
    11-25-14 02:43 AM
    I picked up my Q10 and reloaded some apps I use heavily, it just feels way more natural in my hand. I love the Passport but I'll be selling it and getting the classic. Just the form factor.
    11-25-14 03:56 PM
    I haven't switched back yet, if I would switch, I'd rather get the Classic instead of using the Q10. The Q is much more portable and easier to use in many situations, plus I really dislike the virtual shift key of my Passport. It happens on a regular basis that either my thumbs are typing too fast or the system is too slow, so after typing a single capitalised letter of a word it also capitalises the second letter. Quite annoying, even though it doesn't really happen often.
    The Passport is a great device for sure, but so is the Q10 and most likely the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    That was one of my concerns when I heard about the touch-sensitive physical keyboard. I didn't bought the passport because of size and other practical concerns like this. Thanks for your reviews about it. It confirms my choice.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 04:15 PM
    Well, I just pre-ordered my white Passport. I have to switch from Verizon to AT&T so I will not have the temptation to switch back to my current Q10. I want a bigger screen and BlackBerry's physical keyboard, portability comes second. I trust I can master the new keyboard design.
    11-26-14 11:05 AM
    I've had pp for about a month and a half now. I have just ordered a new keyboard for my Q and will be putting it back in svc. Tired of the proximity sensor issues and continue to put calls on hold, confrence in other calls etc. Beautiful phone, awesome battery life etc, but some fundamentals lacking!

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 04:04 PM
    I had my q10 out this week, and was using it's calculator, then holstered the q10 and carried it for a day. I am accustomed to the efficiency and fit of the q10. But, my usage pattern is less about phone calling & messaging, instead I use the internet, spreadsheets, reading and the Passport serves these needs well.
    11-28-14 08:07 AM
    I had my q10 out this week, and was using it's calculator, then holstered the q10 and carried it for a day. I am accustomed to the efficiency and fit of the q10. But, my usage pattern is less about phone calling & messaging, instead I use the internet, spreadsheets, reading and the Passport serves these needs well.
    It really depends on the usage. I was planning to buy a pp but I was discouraged by the size when I tried it. I ended up using the Q10 which fits right in my hand. Very satisfied after upgrading it to 10.3.1.1154.

Posted via CB10 on Blackberry Q10 10.3.1.1154
    11-28-14 10:32 AM
    Sold my passport not because I wanted too but needed the money. I'm now back on my Q10 and the first few days I was crying inside as it just felt crap compared to the Passport. But after those few days I've ajusted back to the Q10 and it's still great. Typed up a 1000 word story lastnight using the writer app. I can type way faster on this device than the passport keys are just the right size.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 09:30 PM
    And not to mention one handed use is great

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 09:31 PM