Question- i used to see the 4G LTE next to my BB icon but now it says H- what does that mean? No change in the function of the phone, though my keyboard lights up then dims

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 08:26 PM
    Question- i used to see the 4G LTE next to my BB icon but now it says H- what does that mean? No change in the function of the phone, though my keyboard lights up then dims

Posted via CB10
    It simply means where ever you currently are has little to no LTE signal and the phone has reverted to using the HSPA to ensure a proper data connection. Either that or there is something disrupting the LTE service in your area and should be fixed soon.
    The phone will always try to maintain best possible reception if no connection is bade to LTE it will use HSPA (H). or not then it will go even further down the chain. 3G then EDGE.
    12-18-13 08:41 PM
    Oh- ok, thanks! I've had 4G LTE for ever- just noticed today the H was staying. Maybe all the snow we have had is causing a problem - also, my data plan changed- maybe that has something to do with it?

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 09:53 PM
    Mine displays 4G LTE, and when not it is 4G, and less service shows 4g. Depends on your carrier.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 09:58 PM
    4G appears when data service is available.
    4g appears when data service is unavailable but you still have voice. Same with 3G and 3g or EDGE and edge. Capitalization makes a difference. lol

It appears it also depends on the phone too.
    Blackberry Rogers users are seeing 4G and LTE where as my Moto X on Rogers shows H+ and LTE.. iPhone is just 3G to LTE, skipping the 4G or H label.
    Bell uses H(or H+) and 4G LTE at least on my Z10.
    12-18-13 10:28 PM
    I'm on Bell and always had 4G LTE. But my data recently changed and since then I've noticed the H. Maybe they switch to H for unlimited data?? Who knows. I've emailed the person who switched my plan. Will find out in the morning. I'm getting data coverage everywhere i go, so that's not an issue. I noticed when I checked my bell online, that the 4G was gone and just LTE was there. This wasn't the case before the switch to unlimited data.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 12:45 AM
    I'm with MTS in Winnipeg, and always had an unlimited data plan and I show LTE when in full signal and coverage area...doesn't matter about that. it's what the carrier has programmed to use, 4G LTE, or LTE, or H.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 05:38 AM
    got the same issue but now i cant even see the network option for LTE any longer. so all i see is 2G, 3G, 3G & 2G.
    does anyone knows how to fix that??? maybe a radio that can restore it.
    using a Z10 STL100-2
    12-19-13 05:53 AM
    I'm with MTS in Winnipeg, and always had an unlimited data plan and I show LTE when in full signal and coverage area...doesn't matter about that. it's what the carrier has programmed to use, 4G LTE, or LTE, or H.

Posted via CB10
    H stands for hspa+. Not lte. They're both different branches of the 4G technology evolved from 3G.
    12-19-13 06:52 AM
    Hmm. I'm wondering if it's due to my data plan change. I've had 4G LTE since I got the phone and now I have the H. I bet anyone have unlimited data with Bell and have this? Unless there's a server problem due to copious amounts of snow

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 08:53 AM
    Hmm. I'm wondering if it's due to my data plan change. I've had 4G LTE since I got the phone and now I have the H. I bet anyone have unlimited data with Bell and have this? Unless there's a server problem due to copious amounts of snow

Posted via CB10
    I'm on bell too. And I don't have unlimited data. . How'd you get unlimited data. I want unlimited data. Lol. Is it unlimited data or unlimited browsing? Heh.
    12-19-13 09:57 AM
    I did hear back from the rep and it's due to unlimited data. I have a coorperate plan so my unlimited data comes with a nice percentage discount. Thankgod since I get lots of emails and bbms.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 03:23 PM
    H stands for hspa+. Not lte. They're both different branches of the 4G technology evolved from 3G.
    When i am outside the city (get LTE in the city), it reverts to just 4G. Don't get the H here.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 08:07 PM
    got the same issue but now i cant even see the network option for LTE any longer. so all i see is 2G, 3G, 3G & 2G.
    does anyone knows how to fix that??? maybe a radio that can restore it.
    using a Z10 STL100-2
    I get the same issue when I change SIM cards... only solution so far: HARD RESET and reload from back up... WISH someone could come up with a better solution...
    01-07-14 04:03 PM
    Is it:
    HSPA (3.5 G) (download 13.98 Mbit/s upload 5.760 Mbit/s)
    Or
    HSPA+ (download 42 Mbit/s upload 11.5 Mbit/s)

... or does the answer as to "what does "H" mean?" depend on your carrier?

... or do you get H+ when it is HSPA+? (I have never seen that here though).
    01-07-14 05:06 PM
    to really answer the question as asked a year ago: this is a BB10 glitch- if you get an H instead of 4GLTE on an LTE compatible phone it means your phone is not working properly- e.g. you don't have BBM voice . The only solution I came up with was to use backup with BB Link, perform a complete wipe and then restore from backup. Needless to say that you will have to tune in your phone again (sms delivery notices, desktop photo, email/ accounts passwords, etc).
    01-12-14 12:56 PM