Got a Dubai Q10 SN 100-3
    It runs 10.2.1 out of box . I havent even started using it .
    I got update notification for 10.3.1 (around 1 gb file)

DO you recommend updating with so many infinite problems or just Leave it to 10.2.1 ?

My main concern is BATTERY LIFE amd CALL QUALITY
    03-21-15 11:57 AM
    Go for it. I have 10.3.1.2582 installed and works great.

Visit my BBM Channel - C000E96F6
    03-21-15 12:09 PM
    Pull the autoloader trigger easy peasy
    03-21-15 12:11 PM
    Ya update! Time to move forward.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 12:32 PM
    Can anyone make clear the true noticeable differences between 10.2 and 10.3 for Q10 users?

I've been through lists and lists of changes, but loads of them have nothing to do with me and are insignificant. But the other day I randomly found out that the home screen universal search feature was removed.

Not cool as this is how I navigate my phone a lot. Wanna listen to a song? Type it in. Wanna get the definition of a word? Type it in. Wanna compose a text/email/bbm to someone? Type it in. What was that itinerary number again? Type 'itinerary'. All at the home screen!

That's a huge benefit of having a keyboard, why would they get rid of it? What else would a Q10 user miss?
    playfoot likes this.
    03-21-15 07:38 PM
    If your phone is important to you then wait a little while longer for a revised update to come out, because there are lots of reported issues so far. Just read the various threads complaining about various things.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 08:14 PM
    Can anyone make clear the true noticeable differences between 10.2 and 10.3 for Q10 users?

I've been through lists and lists of changes, but loads of them have nothing to do with me and are insignificant. But the other day I randomly found out that the home screen universal search feature was removed.

Not cool as this is how I navigate my phone a lot. Wanna listen to a song? Type it in. Wanna get the definition of a word? Type it in. Wanna compose a text/email/bbm to someone? Type it in. What was that itinerary number again? Type 'itinerary'. All at the home screen!

That's a huge benefit of having a keyboard, why would they get rid of it? What else would a Q10 user miss?
    I am a simple user. By that I mean I use my Q for emails, SMS, text, BBM, etc. I read my Bloomberg, FT, Guardian and NY Times. I have the odd simple game, read strategy or numbers. Depend upon the calendar. Might from time to time use Docs to Go. I do not use Android. I do not use my phone to bank, etc. Of course, use it as a phone, often with Bluetooth.

As such, I found there was no noticeable benefit with the update. More to the fact, the things I missed, and the bugs made me downgrade the phones after a week. And I actually experienced a significant slow down in performance: hanging, delays in opening windows and performing tasks.

I will revisit when I read more positive and solutions to the known issues. If there is no pressing need and you do not feel the need to gamble to see if you are one of the fortunate not to be plagued with issues, I would wait until the dust settles.
    03-21-15 10:21 PM
    Totally agree with playfoot. I upgraded my Q10 to the 10.3.1, and have since downgraded to 10.2. 1. I gave 10.3.1 two full months before I downgraded. Add to this the fact that two carriers have deleted the upgrade files for to Q10 from their servers due to customer complaints. It's simply not ready for mass consumption.
    TurboTalicska likes this.
    03-21-15 11:36 PM
    Thanks for that playfoot, you use the phone exactly like me, minus bluetooth. I won't upgrade until I hear better news.

This 'upgrade' was a giant mess. Is BlackBerry even trying anymore?
    03-21-15 11:44 PM
    I guess one of the questions I would like to ask is
    How did this happen? I actually don't have a clue about software development but this 10.3.1 upgrade appears to have handled very poorly.

On a few interviews I do recall John Chen saying that when he made the decision to develop the Classic the software part wasn't an easy task. He had to commission a team to get working on it back in January/February 2014. It does appear that this wasn't a rush development given the time frame of 10+ months but I still have to wonder what happened here.

Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 12:32 AM
    Went back to 10.2.02.1609.
    Far better in every sense, and I do have my contacts, too.
    03-22-15 06:39 AM
    Totally agree with playfoot. I upgraded my Q10 to the 10.3.1, and have since downgraded to 10.2. 1. I gave 10.3.1 two full months before I downgraded. Add to this the fact that two carriers have deleted the upgrade files for to Q10 from their servers due to customer complaints. It's simply not ready for mass consumption.
    Which carriers, please?

Thanks,

Richard
    03-22-15 09:08 AM
    Which carriers, please?

Thanks,

Richard
    Vodkaphoney here.
    03-22-15 09:10 AM
    TELUS just revoked the 10.3.1 push for Q10, Z10, Z30.. - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    03-22-15 02:01 PM
    TELUS just revoked the 10.3.1 push for Q10, Z10, Z30.. - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    This is partially incorrect, as the only devices that have had the over-the-air update revoked in Canada currently are the Z10 and Q10, the Z30 is now receiving software release 10.3.1.1767 across all three major carriers (Rogers, Bell, and TELUS).

That being said, 10.3.1.1779 is being pushed out over-the-air to unlocked Q10 devices (and this includes the SQN100-3 model that the OP has mentioned). I can't speak for the Q10, but 10.3.1.1779 works beautifully on the Q5 that I have here in addition to my Classic. Lots of nice improvements over the older 10.2.x software and I would recommend updating.
    03-22-15 02:39 PM

All jokes aside the way the icons look make you BlackBerry feel brand new.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 02:42 PM
    This is partially incorrect, as the only devices that have had the over-the-air update revoked in Canada currently are the Z10 and Q10, the Z30 is now receiving software release 10.3.1.1767 across all three major carriers (Rogers, Bell, and TELUS).

That being said, 10.3.1.1779 is being pushed out over-the-air to unlocked Q10 devices (and this includes the SQN100-3 model that the OP has mentioned). I can't speak for the Q10, but 10.3.1.1779 works beautifully on the Q5 that I have here in addition to my Classic. Lots of nice improvements over the older 10.2.x software and I would recommend updating.
    Yeah, the OTA screwed up the whole device but the autoloaded was ok.
    Problem is, I never manage to get the contacts restored from the 10.2 backup, and without contacts the SW is useless.
    03-23-15 07:11 AM