Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    I have a gmail account that I was using with my old BB7 powered Bold 9790 before.
    I have several "folders" in my account and filters that direct some emais to their respective "folders".
    The problem I have is that in BB10 I do not get notification that an email arrived when if was filtered and put in it's respective folder. I have all the folders synchronized.
    With the Bold, I would get the email notification, then be able to read the filtered email in the inbox; after reading, it would only be available in its "folder".
    Not in BB10; I have to manually scroll and check the folders for email.
    I went through the setup many times but have not noticed anything that I might have missed.
    Is it working like this for everybody?
    Thanks.

PS I have a paid gmail account with EAS support
    Last edited by aldebaran12; 01-13-14 at 10:45 AM.
    01-13-14 10:13 AM
    I take it your filter in gmail is setup to immediately archive? As in it displays only in the folder (or label as google calls them) and not in the inbox?
    01-13-14 11:46 AM
    I take it your filter in gmail is setup to immediately archive? As in it displays only in the folder (or label as google calls them) and not in the inbox?
    That's what it sounds like to me...I don't think there's any way to configure notifications for individual folders. OP is going to have to have the mail come to their inbox and file them from the device I think??

Maybe someone else will chime in.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 01:45 PM
    That's what it sounds like to me...I don't think there's any way to configure notifications for individual folders. OP is going to have to have the mail come to their inbox and file them from the device I think??

Maybe someone else will chime in.

Posted via CB10

If it worked before and it doesn't work now, that"s not good, that's a step back from BB7, where I could have read the email in the BB's inbox even if it was archived.
    Last edited by just_luc; 01-13-14 at 02:36 PM. Reason: reply was inside quote tags
    01-13-14 02:11 PM
    Well.. you can call it a step back if you want.. and I understand that for your usage case it's not ideal for you, but the truth is its now mimicking the way it works in gmail.. the way your filter is intended. With the previous method even though you had it set in gmail NOT to show in the inbox, it still showded in the inbox on your device.. while that worked for you, a lot of people would have said that wasn't good..

Now, if you set something up to only show in a folder in gmail, and not in the inbox, the same rules apply for the device. If you ask me that's the way it should be. - granted they could probably add a notification option to alert you when there's new mail in a folder. As of now notifications are only for new mail in the inbox. (again, only an option, not a default because a lot of people archive things because they DON'T want to see them ) BUT the way things exist now, the easiest fix for you is to edit your filters to do what you actually want them to do, that is: label the message with the desired folder BUT NOT archive. That way they will appear in the folders in gmail allowing you to easily search for them and filter at will, but will also show up in the inbox and notify you when they come in. After you've read them you can then untag them from the inbox if you wish.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 02:32 PM
    What's the use case for filing messages this way anyway? Do you have filters to file mail for certain contacts? I guess I like having all my mail come through to my inbox and then I decide what to do with it from there. At least it only takes 2 clicks to file a message, so before I take a breath the message is in the right place. It's been so long since I've used a Legacy device I guess I don't remember what I might be missing

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 02:55 PM
    That's correct, yes. However, it worked with the old BB...
    01-13-14 03:50 PM