Hello, is anyone having problems with there Gmail accounts not pulling all emails?

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 01:09 PM
    yeap, get used to it
    08-02-13 01:13 PM
    are these older emails?
    08-02-13 01:14 PM
    Not really my phone is only showing like the last 3 days which I need to whole thing!

What can I do?

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 01:30 PM
    This afternoon (Aug 2), my BB Bold is not syncing Gmail emails.. If i pull the battery, and reinsert, then the messages show up... but.. all of a sudden, i'm not seeing emails... AARGH
    08-02-13 03:24 PM
    A couple of suggestions for settings to check, if you haven't done so already...

• If you set up your account using IMAP or the"Gmail" option in accounts, check your base Gmail IMAP folder settings. Gmail > Settings>Labels. Ensure that all the folders/labels you want to see are marked on this page as "Show in IMAP". Note that you'll never see the All Mail or Archived messages that have no label on your device.
      • If you have any automatic filters running in Gmail, the messages will be going into the appropriate folder on your device. Unread filtered messages will show as a yellow outlines message in your device Hub, instead of the solid yellow envelope where the message is in the Gmail Inbox only. (I stopped auto filters because of this.)

• On device, go to Account Settings > Accounts > your Gmail account. Scroll to the bottom and tap "Edit Folder Settings. Either toggle Sync All Email Folders to ON, or select which ones you want to view on your device. Note that it will take a while for all the folders/messages to populate your device.

Check these and see if there's a change, and let us know the results.
    Hope this helps. ~ecm
    Andrew Sheldon and Pyrad like this.
    08-02-13 04:54 PM
    Thanks for the info...
    Went to GMAIL settings... and the labels are set properly... went to device... and can't find "Edit Folder Settings" anywhere... I've been to every setup page, and can't find it..

update though: If I compose an email on the blackberry, and send it... that causes any emails to be downloaded to the device... so clearly, it's not syncing automatically, and needs some kind of wakeup to cause the sync to happen...

It was working fine this morning.. and nothing should have changed... it's very bizarre...
    08-02-13 05:18 PM
    Thanks for the info...
    Went to GMAIL settings... and the labels are set properly... went to device... and can't find "Edit Folder Settings" anywhere... I've been to every setup page, and can't find it..

update though: If I compose an email on the blackberry, and send it... that causes any emails to be downloaded to the device... so clearly, it's not syncing automatically, and needs some kind of wakeup to cause the sync to happen...

It was working fine this morning.. and nothing should have changed... it's very bizarre...
    To find "Edit Folder Settings"... Start at the Home screen. Swipe down and choose Settings > Accounts > your Gmail account and scroll to the very bottom of that page. That's where you would find it. Earlier today I had to return the Q10 I've been testing, so I can't show you a screen cap from it. Here's one from my Z10. I'm 99% positive the location was the same.

Gmail account not syncing all emails-img_00000405.jpg

Have you tried a hard reset to see if that helps your email problem? With the device powered on, press and hold the volume up/down keys until the device powers off, then release. (You'll hear the camera take a screen shot, ignore that.)
    Andrew Sheldon likes this.
    08-02-13 06:28 PM
    I'm not the original poster.. i don't have a Z10.. i have a Bold 9930.... pulling the battery causes the same reset as sending an email.... I've gone to my email settings.. and there is no Edit Folder
    08-02-13 07:00 PM
    I'm not the original poster.. i don't have a Z10.. i have a Bold 9930.... pulling the battery causes the same reset as sending an email.... I've gone to my email settings.. and there is no Edit Folder
    Sorry, but I missed the Bold reference. I assumed you were referring to a Q10, since you posted the question in a thread in the Q10 forum section.

It's been 6 months since I had my 9900, so I don't think I can remember enough to help you. I'd suggest posting your question in the 9900/9930 section.

Lovin' the Z | Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.4651
    08-02-13 07:37 PM
    I have tried the suggested tip and I have no results, I literally have 0 emails on my phone when I have a lot in my inbox.

When I log in on another device they show every single one of them.

I have no idea why it is, even in Google there is a setting saying do not limit the amount of email pused.. (something like that)

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 03:12 AM
    Fixed! I don't know how I actually went through to the setting after a hard reset and re added the email account and it now works! YAY - thank you for your help!!!

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 03:32 AM
    Hey Andrew -- Glad to see you're back in business!
    Cheers.
    Andrew Sheldon likes this.
    08-04-13 09:13 AM