Hi I am relatively new to the forums but I hope I can get some help.

Not with Blackberry 10 or anything like that (I've used a Z30 and a Z10).

No my question is more that I am trading with a guy via Kijiji for his Q10 and my Note 3 and I want to know what I should look for. I already checked his IMEI in the Canadian Cell Phone Black List and it says its fine not stolen or anything. However since this is a random person is there anything I should check for other than the obvious (damage, network compatibility)?

Thanks

P.S The reason I am switching from my Note 3 to the Q10 is because whenever the Passport comes out I plan on getting it. However it is my first time ever using a hardware keyboard so I want to get comfortable with everything before I make that investment.
    08-27-14 04:36 AM
    Check if the keyboard is ok. Especially look for any double-typing issues, check the huge 1800 posts topic on here.
    Also since the Q10 has an AMOLED display, check for any bad screen burn-in effects by viewing a full screen white picture.
    08-27-14 07:04 AM
    Hi! Welcome to the forum wow, from a note to a Q10? That's a huge difference lol. I hope you won't be put off by the small screen size!

I'm not sure how kijiji works, is it through the Internet like ebay or will you be seeing the phone in person first before the trade? If you'll be in person you should probably try the phone with your sim and just test all the functions to make sure they work, check for water damage, check the inner screws to make sure the tape is still on them so you know it hasn't been modified in any way (which would void the warranty).

If you're unable to see it physically you could always ask the other person to send you pics of these things or have them make a video of them testing the functions on it.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy your BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 07:05 AM
    Thanks
    I am aware of the keyboard issue, I was shocked that Blackberry was having this issue but I will check for it and hope for the best.
    08-27-14 08:00 AM
    I will be meeting with the person so I will have access to check the device.

I never thought to check for water damage thanks for the tip!

I switch devices all the time so I am used to the various screen sizes but I always go back to blackberry. I just view it as temporary until I can pick up a Passport!
    08-27-14 08:04 AM
    I hope your getting some cash and it's not a straight up trade as the Q10 isn't worth the same value as the note 3 loll.

To check the keyboard it'll be kinda of hard - one option is to use it and wait to see if it has the double type issue and the other way is to check the date it was made - anything in 2014 should be good.

It can be found on the box or on the batter slot.

If you were familiar with the keyboards you could tell right away whether it was a newer or older build by using it.

If it's just to hold you over till the passport though, i wouldn't worry about the keyboard - the double type issue is just a minor annoyance, not unusable.

Most important thing is that it works and it's not stolen.

#CB10 #Q10 #Darkhorse
    08-27-14 09:58 AM
    Sick deal for the other guy!

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.0.1052
    ericp2011 likes this.
    08-27-14 10:12 AM
    It's more that my carrier is being ripped off I only paid $50 for the phone so it doesn't matter because in the end I'll be getting a passport eventually. It makes sense to me sorry if it doesn't for you :P. I'm now hoping that this guy isn't just trying to get rid of a Q10 because it has issues.
    08-27-14 10:18 AM
    I'll trade with you! I have a good condition Q10 that works with wind

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 11:48 AM
    Ask for the box. Make sure the PIN or IMEI's match. If they have the box, it's a lot less likely that they stole the phone. Just because it's clean now doesn't mean it will be in a few days. If it's a quick enough deal, it may not be reported stolen yet.

Test your SIM in the phone too.

Good luck with your deal.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 01:03 PM
    Wait for the Passport. It will be out soon, and it's KB is nothing like the Q.
    ericp2011 likes this.
    08-27-14 01:57 PM
    Wait for the Passport. It will be out soon, and it's KB is nothing like the Q.
    I totally agree with this, why don't you wait for Passport to come out and test it in store. If you can type on a digital screen, you'll be able to type on a physical keyboard.

Buy the Passport and sell your note 3 after, you will get better return on your investment.
    08-27-14 02:30 PM
    Got it and everything seems to be in working order.

The Keyboard so far has no issues and is quite stiff which I guess is good (sorry it's my first keyboard phone).

Not stolen, SIM works and everything is a-ok.

The bands on this Q10 seems to be incompatible to Telus's LTE bands which I suspected would be the case but I am not too saddened by this, I am mostly on WI-FI anyway, HSPA is just fine for me!

I can't wait for the passport!
    08-27-14 08:50 PM
    Well, if you are happy, I'm happy. Q10 is great! I got mine (with a Playbook) in a trade as well a few months back for my S4 because I could not type on a screen. Best move I ever made. I am also excited to hold the Passport and see if it is all I am expecting it to be.
    08-27-14 09:21 PM
    Glad you're liking the Q10! Welcome to the party

Does Telus use tmobile bands by any chance? If you ever need to use your phone with data you could sell the one you have on ebay and get a compatible one. I got mine on there for $150 in almost perfect condition, and having LTE speeds makes sooo much difference!

In any case I hope your new phone treats you well!

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 09:41 AM
    I have data just not LTE which I don't mind in the slightest!

Thanks for the suggestion but I'll keep this one simply because it's just until I get a passport from my carrier.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 09:46 AM