hey guys,
    i switched device from Z10 to Q10 in the start Q10 was working perfect after a week it start playing. when i unplug the charger after charge the battery completed. and when i see it after 3 to 4 hours battery is dead and phone is switched off. it happening to me regularly since 5 days. 2nd it heatup alot anybody know the solution?

we dont get phones in warranty so we cant clain warranty
    05-17-13 12:50 AM
    Wow that sucks bro have no clue maybe u have a faulty battery! Go by another one and see if that works!

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 12:54 AM
    when i am using phone its work better then standby weird
    05-17-13 01:19 AM
    when i am using phone its work better then standby weird
    did you sideload any applications that run in the background? I had a similar problem sideloading PLEX, it dryied my battery..

when you use the phone, your data dont actually work. while on a call i get the GSM signal only, so no data, that's why maybe in your case, it works better when using the phone than standby.

check your applications mate, some are really bad (or just need the proper settings)

hope it helps
    05-17-13 01:51 AM
    i am not into apps much buddy. just one sideloading app thats batterywatch.
    rest i am using skype, whatsapp. skype is always signout. dont use whatsapp much.
    really bad experience in BB10 series. switched from z10 to q10 just because of battery life had a big loss on z10 now q10 is also playing with me. its like i have to kick bb and get some Galaxy series and wait for BBM to launch of Android.
    05-17-13 02:10 AM
    Check yo make sure you not sending data yo BlackBerry in your settings app. Also check your email sync times, it there set to 30 minutes or an hour it will constantly be updating your hub. I have 5 important ones with push and set to 4 hours, others longer some 24, all with push though.

I keep my screen brightness less then half when out with nfc and blue tooth off. I get 11-14 hours with mid to heavy use. Unless I play a 3d graphics intense game like nova 3, then it last 3-6 hours, sameuf not better then on my previous iPhone 5 fir games

Also the first few hours your phone may run hot or drain fast due to syncing and repopulatiing all your emails, messages, contacts, apps etc.

I also noticed Skype is really bad on the battery.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 02:13 AM
    i do not use bluetooth, brightness is 0, email sync time is 5mins. i dont play games or anything. didnt used skype since a week.
    it takes more then 3 hours to charge full and battery drain without any use within 3 to 4 hours.

Check yo make sure you not sending data yo BlackBerry in your settings app. Also check your email sync times, it there set to 30 minutes or an hour it will constantly be updating your hub. I have 5 important ones with push and set to 4 hours, others longer some 24, all with push though.

I keep my screen brightness less then half when out with nfc and blue tooth off. I get 11-14 hours with mid to heavy use. Unless I play a 3d graphics intense game like nova 3, then it last 3-6 hours, sameuf not better then on my previous iPhone 5 fir games

Also the first few hours your phone may run hot or drain fast due to syncing and repopulatiing all your emails, messages, contacts, apps etc.

I also noticed Skype is really bad on the battery.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 02:38 AM
    Your email sync is the problem. Change it to 4 hours or more, and you will find a big improvement. Your email will still be pushed to the phone, but the emails you send from the phone or delete on the phone will not be updated on your computer for 4 hours.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    05-17-13 07:59 AM
    i will try this and give my feedback
    05-17-13 09:02 AM
    dont really know what to say,
    i'm a mid to heavy user, i still get around 20h of battery!!
    maybe you got a bad device, sorry to hear
    05-17-13 09:29 AM
    get rid of doubtfull apps, maybe that batterywatch is causing problem? And don't raise your hopes for BBM on android, just wait until it's out and then you can switch to whatever platform you want.
    05-17-13 09:41 AM
    i do not use bluetooth, brightness is 0, email sync time is 5mins. i dont play games or anything. didnt used skype since a week.
    it takes more then 3 hours to charge full and battery drain without any use within 3 to 4 hours.
    5 min email. Sync is what is draining your battery, even if you dont have new emails your phone is syncing every 5 mins, change that setting 2-4 hours and see how your battery life is.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 09:59 AM
    If you have no software using that much bandwidth and you phone is "heating up" I would say it could be a defective device.

5 min email syns will not drain your battery in only a few hours.
    05-17-13 10:04 AM
    If you have no software using that much bandwidth and you phone is "heating up" I would say it could be a defective device.

5 min email syns will not drain your battery in only a few hours.
    5 min sync indeed will drain your battery in a matter of hours, that the main thing i changed as I have 5 email addresses and sure enough my phone lasted hours longer, almost 6 hours.

It sits checks, syncs, and updates your email 12 times an hour, 288 times a day, even if you get one email that day.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 04:29 PM
    hey guys,
    i switched device from Z10 to Q10 in the start Q10 was working perfect after a week it start playing. when i unplug the charger after charge the battery completed. and when i see it after 3 to 4 hours battery is dead and phone is switched off. it happening to me regularly since 5 days. 2nd it heatup alot anybody know the solution?

we dont get phones in warranty so we cant clain warranty
    I had the exact same issue. My phone was running hot and would die instantly. I realised what I was doing wrong.. its the restore.

When I restored my backup from the Z10, the phone would heat up like crazy so I did a hard device software restore

I pulled out the battery of the q10, connect the usb to the device and the PC, run blackberry link and click on the restore device software, then insert the battery and let it do a fresh install of the OS.

Then, DONT do a full restore of the Z10 back up file. Just restore your contacts and that's it. Set everything else up manually and you will notice that your phone is running much smoother as well as the battery lasting atleast 14 hrs longer.

If you are using SQN100-3, then I highly recommend using this http://www.theiexplorers.com/bb/OSs/....0.273-Q10.exe

The OS is amazing.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 04:36 PM