I'm on a legacy device right now, and decided to update over the weekend. But CPW and EE have no retail stock of the Q10 (I'm in a plan so can't buy the device only from EE as they don't sell it on PAYT), and Phones 4U have dropped all BB10 devices in store (or maybe totally I don't know). Kinda sucks for people who want to walk into a store and buy the device.

The key reason that I use a BB is for the keyboard. I've used iOS and Windows Phone devices, and found them all likeable enough, but I struggle to use virtual keyboards

I know that I can order online, which I will - but this isn't going to slow the slide of BB use in the UK at all. :-/

Whatever the plans are for BB there's little point having adverts on buses and billboards everywhere if you can't actually buy the products.
    I know that this is driven by vendor relationships and that the retail stores cannot be forced to carry stock that wont shift but BB marketing need to work harder on this.
    02-23-14 09:07 AM
    got mine last wk from amazon.de
    02-23-14 09:35 AM
    sorry didn't read whole thread til now just title! thought you were struggling to get a new q10. found amazon.de best price wise
    02-23-14 09:40 AM
    I'm on a legacy device right now, and decided to update over the weekend. But CPW and EE have no retail stock of the Q10 (I'm in a plan so can't buy the device only from EE as they don't sell it on PAYT), and Phones 4U have dropped all BB10 devices in store (or maybe totally I don't know). Kinda sucks for people who want to walk into a store and buy the device.

The key reason that I use a BB is for the keyboard. I've used iOS and Windows Phone devices, and found them all likeable enough, but I struggle to use virtual keyboards

I know that I can order online, which I will - but this isn't going to slow the slide of BB use in the UK at all. :-/

Whatever the plans are for BB there's little point having adverts on buses and billboards everywhere if you can't actually buy the products.
    I know that this is driven by vendor relationships and that the retail stores cannot be forced to carry stock that wont shift but BB marketing need to work harder on this.
    Hi Sean

I was in Carphone Warehouse on Oxford St (London) on Thursday last week - they had the full range of BB devices in stock

Some of their best deals are via their 'web exclusives' - a lot of their current best BlackBerry deals are with O2 (though I expect this changes every month)

Are you still beholden to a particular carrier?

Hope this helps
    02-23-14 10:15 AM
    As BigAl said I went into carphone warehouse the other day and they had them instock (well they had 1 Q10 left) plenty of Q5's. In the end as I got mine from gumtree second hand for 150 as it's my second phone for work!

Ebay and amazon seem to have plenty though readily available on most networks or unlocked!

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 09:47 PM