Well, I wanted to air this here to see if anyone else was in the same situation. I have been going back and forth on the decision to get a Passport and leave my Q10 behind. I have made the decision. I am going to stick with my Q10, and here is why.

1.) I have only had the Q10 for 2 months now. Not saying I have been a BlackBerry user for 2 months, I have owned nearly every BlackBerry device offered on ATT. I have also owned many of the other manufacturers as well, the last two being a Nokia Lumia 1020 (which camera cannot be beat, not by any phone) and the Galaxy Note 2. I missed the BlackBerry Experience (and deep down I have been a huge fan as they were my first smartphone), so I switched back. My last BlackBerry was the BB9900. Loved the 9900, love the Q10. Although this phone has been out over a year, mine was purchased brand new for a steal and is only 2 months old.

2.) I have loaded up on accessories to try and future proof my Q10. I have a TechPro tempered glass screen protector installed and another brand new TechPro waiting for when I might need it. I have the BlackBerry Pocket Pouch which is the best case possible, and a brand new one waiting for when I might need it. I have and extra battery cover in case something happens to the one I am using, and I have 2 extra batteries besides the one it came with, plus the charging bundle. I have been able to gather all these things for very cheap!

3.) To me it doesn't make sense to leave a perfect set up behind just because a little better and newer model came out. How can I justify to myself dropping $600 on the Passport (bare with no case or any other new accessories) when I picked up my Q10, all accessories and everything for $400? To gather the same setup, phone, case, screen protectors, (can't change batteries so can't even purchase those) I would end up our $700+.

4.) The release of 10.3.1 will get my Q10 closer to the Passport, and I am still rocking it for business everyday even without it.

So for now, I am sticking with the Q10.

Anyone else have these weird mental struggles lol?
    Q10Bold and dmateo like this.
    10-17-14 06:49 PM
    I have had my z10 from the release till now and it is still my daily driver. There was one time that I really struggle to switch to an android because of I can't find snapchat as a native app in bbw. But now that I have snap2chat and the hype is kinda over. And right now I am getting bored of gaming on the phone. After all, I am happy with my z10 right now after loading the 10.3 leak, so I am gonna stay till next year to see what classic 2 and Visa/Victoria can give me. In the middle of the time I am gonna buy a iPod touch cuz it is cheap and has all sort of apps I want. Still nothing can replace the hub, the bb10 os experience and the passion that BlackBerry gives me. It is this feeling which keep me staying with my z10.

Edit: if I can get a q10 at very cheap price, I actually would switch now
    hlg8888 likes this.
    10-17-14 07:17 PM
    Same here. I wanted the Passport. Now I think I'll use my Q10 until it dies.

I also want to see 10.3.1 on my Q10. Until then I will not change my decision to keep.

And I'm tired of paying too much for BlackBerry phones and a year after the price is already the half. It happened with Q10. I don't want to take that risk again. That's why I'm waiting and will wait.

And if the price cut never comes, then I'll buy the next new phone that will be released if I like it.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 09:10 PM
    Since you have been using the Q for only 2 months, you should stick with it.

Using PP and Z10
    10-17-14 09:20 PM
    I'm sticking with my q10.

Posted via CB10
    dmateo likes this.
    10-17-14 09:55 PM
    I am highly addicted to my Q10. I had the Z10 since Tmobile launched it and gave it to my son. I just love having the keyboard and form factor. I have the leaked 10.3.0.1154 OS and the phone has been great. No complaints. I bought mine used off Ebay.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    BigHulkDiesel and BrandonQ10 like this.
    10-17-14 10:32 PM
    I got my Passport on tuesday 7th, switching from my Q10 I've been using since nearly one and a half years. After the positive initial impressions, the Passport in person is beyond anything I've seen and no photos are doing it justice, I started to dislike it. Learning curve is steep for the new keyboard and after two days, I almost sent it back just to return to my Q. However I didn't want to give up so easy and on day three onward I started to really like the PP. This tuesday, one week later, I really did sent it back due to build quality and reboot issues.
    Now I do miss it.

Back on my Q10 for now and I miss the screen real estate plus the larger keys. Yet it is nice having the hardware keys for shift and alt back
    I think nobody can really tell you what is best for you. The Q10 works really well and if you do like it, there is no need in ditching it. The most major question is:

In what kind of way do you think you'll profit by making the switch. Are those 600 bucks a good investment? In terms of just communication I'd say no, I still type faster on my Q10 - even though my speed on the PP improved greatly during the last two days I still had it. For just communication, the small screen isn't a downside at all.
    For all other stuff, document viewing, browsing, document editing and media the big screen is really nice, but the large sized phone has it's own downsides. Taking a call looks hilarious, the phone draws more attention compared to the compact sized Q10. Plus of course the Q fits into virtually every pocket, the Passport has slightly more problems with fitting into pockets.

Hopefully not double-typed with my Q10
    10-18-14 04:25 AM
    I had a Q, decided to buy with the coupon. Loving it, no regrets.

The processing speed of this machine is crazy. What you can do with your Q, you'll get more on this.

Again, it boils down to budget.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    10-18-14 04:31 AM
    Ok-heres my take :
    I went from q to pp. I'm going to switch back to q or classic probably as soon as it becomes available. Too many issues to type to explain but the biggest one is that while the form factor is great for some, it's not for me. That aside I miss alt function. I miss the more compact size.Other reasons as soon as i get back from the trip i am on I'll post ad to sell my pp at a good price.
    10-18-14 08:11 AM
    Yeah, thats exactly my thoughts too.

Posted via Q10
    10-18-14 09:21 AM
    See I just came from a big phone, I feel for me a smaller phone works best. Tablets are out for all those who love that big screen with all that extra stuff. I love my Q10. I don't get something because it's the newest and greatest thing. I just got the Q10 and it has been great for me so far. It feels great and works great! The hub is awesome. It's all about preference. And for me this works best!

Posted from my Q10
    BigHulkDiesel likes this.
    10-18-14 09:38 AM
    I prefer the Q's compactness. I came from a note 3 (which I still have) but like the functionality of the Q10. I told myself I'd keep the note so that I can switch on and off but have seen myself going months without even thinking about the note. Thought about the passport recently but I agree with your logic. It's just obscenely expensive for me at the moment and the Q does everything I need it to so why change?

Posted via CB10
    BigHulkDiesel likes this.
    10-18-14 09:42 AM
    Had the Q10 for about 1.5 years now. Just received the Passport, got it with the Digital River discount, which was a very good price. Just firing up the Passport now, going to try it for 7-10 days and then decide. I gotta say though I do like my Q10 though! I'll report back in 10 days.
    10-18-14 09:50 AM
    I have had my white Q10 for about a year and was also debating between making the jump to the passport. However, my Q10 works well for now and REALLY want the white passport. I also cannot justify shelling out 600+ dollars when my carrier, AT&T, will eventually have it. So for financial reasons, I shall wait.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 03:30 PM
    Just got a brand new Q10 replacement built in June 2014. No double typing, brighter screen, no squeaking in the top left corner. This form factor is just perfect for communication and portability. I have to read a ton of technical PDFs for work but honestly I'm not going to do that on a Passport screen... I'm going to do that on my desktop or tablet. If I was on the road a lot, then I would look at the Passport. As far as the Classic, I don't see the reason unless you are a toolbelt lover. With the great cut & paste in 3.0 I really don't think the toolbelt is an advantage. I hope they keep the Q10 form factor going forward.
    10-18-14 04:36 PM
    The first 2 months I liked my Q. The next 10 months I friggin loved it. Still do.

But Pp is around the corner.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 07:11 PM
    I see the passport as the newest version of the Q10

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 11:32 PM