About me:
    * A am a heavy Blackberry user and developer since the 7200.
    * I Love BB Keyboard because it's a workhorse, it just gets things done faster.

My Feedback:
    * Q10 is still missing lots of the keyboard Magic of the 9900

How Can this be done....

#1 Home Screen Shortcuts
    Long Press for phone speed dial, one key press for app shortcuts

Details
    1. Just like we always had long press any key for speed dial
    2. Give us the option to have the home screen function like a live search (as it works now)
    or we can assign each key to a program of our choice (and use the "s" to launch the live search), like it was on the 9900, but make it better where we can choose what program gets launched using what key (before it was hardcoded and was not changeable by the user)

The current option in the search is nice (like "bbm mark") but does not replace the direct key to program shortcut. (it's not a conflict you can have both)

#2 Email Advanced/Saved Search
    Message Advanced Search, with its Saved Search option linked to a hot key.

Details
    on the 9900 if I wanted to search all my unread email from client "X"
    1. Press M from the home screen (to open my email box)
    2. Press Alt+O (or any saved key) from the message list (to bring up a saved search..)
    that took me less than 2 seconds,

Now try doing that on the Q10 and let me know how many keys you have to press, and more
    important how long it will take you!! Actually you can't even do it since you can only search for 1 item at a time, I can't search for all emails where the "from address" is [email protected] and the subject contains "call me" etc.

How it should work..
    1. Just Bring back what we had in os7

#3 Forward conditions
    Forward conditions for mail box (what should be sent to device)
    on the 9900 I was able to chose to forwarded or not to forward email based on a condition or to have it come in as a level1 email, Bring back what we had in os7

#4 Email Body view
    Html email view.
    give me an option to show email in fit with mode, now it does not always fit and may be to wide.

#5 Black Background.
    Black Background in calendar (and other) app.. its impossible to see my calendar outside in the sun
    I understand you made it black to save battery life.. give me the choice to make it white and have a less battery life.

#6 Bedside mode
    Bedside mode has no option to automatically go into airplane mode automatically (like we had in os7)

#7 Auto on/off
    Auto on/off based on day or weekend..
    Bring back what we had in os7

#8 Note List Search
    Note list (now "reminder") missing search option

#9 Camera App keyboard shortcuts
    Camera app has no keyboard shortcut to change flash options, change from video to picture, swap to front camera

#10 Contact List Category
    Contact list is missing filter by category

#11 "Mark Prior Read" Keyboard Shortcut.
    "Mark prior read" needs keyboard shortcut and is not working properly

#12 Power standby mode
    now you only have an option to fully turn off your phone, i want close my phone at night but not close all my apps... like we had in os7

This can all be done without effecting the z10 or any other phone.

Summary
    A Q10 Should not be a Z10 with a keyboard Glued on to it.
    I know Blackberry put in lots of keyboard shortcuts, but they're not done yet.

I don't speak for myself, being the blackberry guy in my company
    everyone comes to complain to me with all their issues..

Now please don't say.. well you can do that by pressing here and swiping there and tapping there.. let's make the Q10 keyboard work for us...
    it's about getting the job done faster.. and more efficiently

Something to think about on the next phone design,
    the back key is sorely missed, it's a lot faster and more accurate then trying to get the swipe just right..
    what would be a good idea for the next phone is to make a side button that can be programmed to do whatever you like, like we had till now but also can be programmed as a back button.. think about that no loss of screen size.. and I still have my back button, you can still keep the swipe but give us the choice..)
    Last edited by dave66chp; 07-04-13 at 08:53 AM.
    07-03-13 08:35 PM
    +1 to all of this.
    I really miss some things from the 9900 I had.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 09:26 PM
    About me:
    * I Love BB Keyboard because it's a workhorse, it just gets thinks done faster.

My Feedback:

How Can this be done....

#1 Home Screen Shortcuts

Details
    2. Give us the option to have the home screen function like a live search (as it works now)
    or we can assign each key to a program of our choice (and use the "s" to launch the live search), like it was on the 9900, but make it better where we can choose what program gets launched using what key (before it was hardcoded and was not changeable by the user)

The current option in the search is nice (like "bbm mark") but does not replace the direct key to program shortcut. (it's not a conflict you can have both)

Details
    2. Press Alt+O (or any saved key) from the message list (to bring up a saved search..)

Now try doing that on the Q10 and let me know how many keys you have to press, and more
    important how long it will take you!! Actually you can't even do it since you can only search for 1 item at a time, I can't search for all emails where the "from address" is [email protected] and the subject contains "call me" etc.

How it should work..

#3 Forward conditions
    on the 9900 I was able to chose to forwarded or not to forward email based on a condition or to have it come in as a level1 email, Bring back what we had in os7

#4 Email Body view
    Html email view.
    give me an option to show email in fit with mode, now it does not always fit and may be to wide.

#5 Black Background.
    Black Background in calendar (and other) app.. its impossible to see my calendar outside in the sun
    I understand you made it black to save battery life.. give me the choice to make it white and have a less battery life.

#6 Bedside mode
    Bedside mode has no option to automatically go into airplane mode automatically (like we had in os7)

#7 Auto on/off

#8 Note List Search

Camera app has no keyboard shortcut to change flash options, change from video to picture, swap to front camera

#12 Power standby mode
    now you only have an option to fully turn off your phone, i want close my phone at night but not close all my apps... like we had in os7

Summary

Now please don't say.. well you can do that by pressing here and swiping there and tapping there.. let's make the Q10 keyboard work for us...
    it's about getting the job done faster.. and more efficatintly

the back key is sorely missed, it's a lot faster and more accurate then trying to get the swipe just right..
    what would be a good idea for the next phone is to make a side button that can be programmed to do whatever you like, like we had till now but also can be programmed as a back button.. think about that no loss of screen size.. and I still have my back button, you can still keep the swipe but give us the choice..)
    Great post; suggestions!

Add:

U for first unread message in Hub.

Posted via CBQ10
    07-03-13 09:32 PM
    I can disagree with any of the things in this post. I miss several features from my 9900. My Q would be even more of a beast with these features.

My favorite idea is the one to be able to set keyboard shortcuts and use "s" as the search launch.

Posted via Pilot's Q10
    07-04-13 12:04 AM
    Dave. I cannot validate anything you mentioned if your very first paragraph has the most simplest of spelling mistakes "think " vs things done.

Please fix this. I can't believe you being a heavy developer and long time BlackBerry user since the 6000 series if you don't even have spell check enabled or proof read what you're typing. Sorry but I've begun to evaluate my time on such long articles lately.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 04:08 AM
    Dave. I cannot validate anything you mentioned if your very first paragraph has the most simplest of spelling mistakes "think " vs things done.

Please fix this. I can't believe you being a heavy developer and long time BlackBerry user since the 6000 series if you don't even have spell check enabled or proof read what you're typing. Sorry but I've begun to evaluate my time on such long articles lately.

Posted via CB10
    I once worked with a guy who has a first class honours English degree from Cambridge and has several books published (he writes detective novels). He couldn't spell at all well because he recognised words by their shape not their spelling. I am a very fast reader (800wpm) but he could read considerably faster than I could.
    There is a huge difference between illiteracy (numerous spelling mistakes in a short post, often seen in the stranger posts about guns, freedom and conspiracy theories) and the occasional minor errors of a literate person who is too busy banging out useful work to watch them all. That is why publishers employ proof readers.
    There is also the point that software developers are extremely picky about code (well, good ones are) but tend to make errors in comments. The only developer who ever worked for me who made spelling errors in code (method names) fortunately left before the damage he did was irreparable.
    I don't know the thread starter, but he obviously falls into the latter category.
    Harry_III_UK likes this.
    07-04-13 04:48 AM
    I can disagree with any of the things in this post. I miss several features from my 9900. My Q would be even more of a beast with these features.

My favorite idea is the one to be able to set keyboard shortcuts and use "s" as the search launch.

Posted via Pilot's Q10
    Lol. That was standard on the 9900.

I like the idea that we should be able to set the keys rather than have fixed shortcuts.

Posted via CBQ10
    07-04-13 05:33 AM
    Here here.

Posted via CB10 on my Rogers LTE MAX Q10 and LTE Z10 in Toronto
    07-04-13 07:46 AM
    Hi Thanks for pointing out a typo on my late night post
    Judge my post on the merits of what I wrote
    Thanks
    Harry_III_UK likes this.
    07-04-13 08:51 AM
    Hi Thanks for pointing out a typo on my late night post
    Judge my post on the merits of what I wrote
    Thanks
    Only after we grade the spelling, punctuation and syntax.

: )

Posted via CBQ10
    07-04-13 10:02 AM
    An extremely well written post. Followed by a comment discrediting the content over a misspelled word? Let's keep these post to commenting around content. Sharing, learning, venting when necessary so as customers we are taken seriously. If we're are seen as bickering babies we've got no shot at being seen as credible.

Posted from the U.S. with my VZW BlackBerry Q10. The best damn phone on the planet.
    anon(3072139) likes this.
    07-04-13 11:44 AM
    I think that the speed dial issue will be solved in 10.2 when apps can run headless, however I agree that it should never have been an issue in the first place. It takes me forever now to call my friends compared to my 9900.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 12:17 PM
    About me:
    * I Love BB Keyboard because it's a workhorse, it just gets things done faster.

My Feedback:

How Can this be done....

#1 Home Screen Shortcuts

Details

Details

How it should work..

#3 Forward conditions

#4 Email Body view
    Html email view.

#5 Black Background.

#6 Bedside mode

#7 Auto on/off

#8 Note List Search

#12 Power standby mode

Summary

it's about getting the job done faster.. and more efficiently

Those are exactly what I'd like to see return. Michael Clewley did tweet and say speedials are returning but it's not enough.
    C'mon, BlackBerry, show the Q10 some keyboard love.

Posted from The Force wielding tap-dancing mouse on secret pantless missions (hiding in Jaydee's backseat)
    07-04-13 12:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    Spelling is difficult for some, grammar for others.
    07-04-13 12:58 PM
    Michael Clewley sent me this tweet:

Attachment 178932

Posted from The Force wielding tap-dancing mouse on secret pantless missions (hiding in Jaydee's backseat)
    deezy87 and Harry_III_UK like this.
    07-04-13 01:18 PM
    Good post. Personally I think time wasn't there friend and they pushed the release of 10
    07-04-13 01:31 PM
    I think that the speed dial issue will be solved in 10.2 when apps can run headless, however I agree that it should never have been an issue in the first place. It takes me forever now to call my friends compared to my 9900.

Posted via CB10
    Oddly enough, it takes me about the same. My habit is and has been to just start typing a name and then use the results to dial.

It really depends on what ones work habits are, and how adaptable people are willing to be. Sure there's room for improvement, but I'm not taking a productivity hit using the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 01:54 PM
    Thank god theyre bringing back homescreen shortcuts/speed dial. Seriously I was wondering how the Q10 could even be classified as a blackberry without this core function.

Keyboard shortcuts should be thought of and included in all apps. It would eliminate the need to ever tap the overflow button. We have 26 keys = 26 shortcuts, not to mention alt+26 keys. That is more than enough keys to shortcut every option imagineable.

Posted via CB10
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    07-04-13 02:08 PM
    Michael Clewley sent me this tweet:

Attachment 178932

Never cease to amaze me, my friend!
    07-04-13 02:18 PM
    Never cease to amaze me, my friend!
    I find if you ask respectfully, answers will come.

07-04-13 08:59 PM