Hello to everyone,

I would like to unpack the firmware of a Q10, Sachesi and Darcy can unpack parts of the firmware, but I would like to unpack it completely. Is there an application that allows me to unpack the firmware completely? If it's not... Is there a chart or checklist of unpacked files and folders to maintain the firmware structure when I repack it again?

Thank you very much in advance. Kind regards.
    10-01-21 11:57 AM
    You can only do so much and what can be done is possible with the tools you mentioned.

There is about 800 MB or so that can be recovered by removing tutorial, language and few others. But unless you have a Q5 or Z3, it's not really doing much. This isn't BBOS where storage and ram are the same thing...
    10-01-21 02:05 PM
    You can only do so much and what can be done is possible with the tools you mentioned.

There is about 800 MB or so that can be recovered by removing tutorial, language and few others. But unless you have a Q5 or Z3, it's not really doing much. This isn't BBOS where storage and ram are the same thing...
    You can't change a BB10 autoloader without BlackBerry's signing keys - which we don't have.
    Last edited by conite; 10-02-21 at 09:11 AM.
    10-01-21 04:34 PM

No, I don't want to remove apps, I just want to remove (if possible) default ringtones, message tones... And put my favourite ones...
    I suffer from tinnitus and all that sounds are very annoying, that's why I would like to change them.
    10-02-21 02:26 AM
    No, I don't want to remove apps, I just want to remove (if possible) default ringtones, message tones... And put my favourite ones...
    I suffer from tinnitus and all that sounds are very annoying, that's why I would like to change them.
    You can use custom ringtones natively if I'm remembering right.
    10-02-21 07:53 AM
    You can use custom ringtones natively if I'm remembering right.
    Yes, you're right, but many times my friends /nephew / brother... change my ringtones ([sarcasm mode on] which by the way is very funny [sarcasm mode off]) for one of the original ones... And my ears are ringing louder for a while... That's exactly what I want to avoid, so, even if they change the ringtones I will be listening my own ones.
    10-13-21 11:37 PM
    Yes, you're right, but many times my friends /nephew / brother... change my ringtones ([sarcasm mode on] which by the way is very funny [sarcasm mode off]) for one of the original ones... And my ears are ringing louder for a while... That's exactly what I want to avoid, so, even if they change the ringtones I will be listening my own ones.
    If you can't do what you say you want through the method you were desiring, why not just lock your phone to avoid the tones getting changed.
    10-14-21 06:14 AM
    If you can't do what you say you want through the method you were desiring, why not just lock your phone to avoid the tones getting changed.
    Because it's a Q10 and it's a pain to lock a phone without fingerprint scanner or facial ID systems...
    10-14-21 07:38 AM
    Because it's a Q10 and it's a pain to lock a phone without fingerprint scanner or facial ID systems...
    I would have to agree with that.

However, BB10 picture password is almost as quick as fingerprint/faceID, and for what most people might have on their BB10 phones that aren't already at risk of compromise due to other potential BB10 vulnerabilities, I assume that BB10 picture password would serve well enough.
    10-14-21 07:54 AM
    Because if I lock my phone, it's even worse, as they phone me until I beg them to stop, it's very funny for them, as they don't have to live with a continuous ringing (24h/365d) in both ears
    10-14-21 08:38 AM
    Because if I lock my phone, it's even worse, as they phone me until I beg them to stop, it's very funny for them, as they don't have to live with a continuous ringing (24h/365d) in both ears
    Send their phone number straight to voicemail then.
    10-14-21 08:57 AM
    change your number and get rid of your current friends and family….
    10-14-21 09:05 AM
    If only it were that easy...
    10-14-21 09:07 AM
    If only it were that easy...
    Family... you have to love them, but it sure can be hard at times.

But they wouldn't be in my Favorites.... I don't remember BB10 all that well now, but did use Power Tools to block some numbers from ringing.

Today I'd sit down with them and explain they either grow up or I block them - plenty of built in tools in Android or iOS to set different conditions. Just have to hope they never call you with something important.... but they could leave a message.
    10-14-21 09:22 AM
    I can get rid of my friends, but can't get rid of my parents, I love them
    10-14-21 10:12 AM
    Think that was kind of tongue in cheek as none of use can get rid of family.

But more going on here than removing ring tones can fix.... especially as you can't do that.
    10-14-21 11:24 AM
    Can’t you just set individual ring tones for different contacts, just set the troublesome ones to vibrate only?
    10-14-21 11:50 AM