Was at the coffee shack waiting to fuel up, and idly flipping through the newspaper on the counter. Turned the page, and my brain started singing the Sesame Street "one of these things is not like the other" song to me, until it finally consciously registered what it was I was looking at...

Holy crap -- BB is actually advertising in the US?! LOL About freaking time!

I'm pretty sure it was today's Wall Street Journal, as there was no newspaper at all on the counter when I was there yesterday morning. I was in so much shock, I only had enough wits about me to take a photo, but not check the date of the paper. LOL

It was the "Marketplace" section. (I don't normally read the WSJ, as it's not normally the paper that's there when I'm getting my caffeine...)

Full-Page BB advert in Wall Street Journal today!?!-img_00000099b.jpg

The copy reads:

WAGE BUSINESS

Introducing the new BlackBerry Q10 and Z10.
    Built to make your people unstoppable.

See them in action at blackberry.com

The image on the Z10 screen is the web browser, supposedly showing "www.fastcompany.com", and an article titled "How to schedule your day for peak creative performance"
    Last edited by neefer; 07-23-13 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Added details about the text that appears in the ad.
    ryanza likes this.
    07-23-13 12:23 PM
    Was at the coffee shack waiting to fuel up, and idly flipping through the newspaper on the counter. Turned the page, and my brain started singing the Sesame Street "one of these things is not like the other" song to me, until it finally consciously registered what it was I was looking at...

Holy crap -- BB is actually advertising in the US?! LOL About freaking time!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000099b.jpg 
Views:	1140 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	185366

I'm pretty sure it was today's Wall Street Journal, as there was no newspaper at all on the counter when I was there yesterday morning. I was in so much shock, I only had enough wits about me to take a photo, but not check the date of the paper. LOL

It was the "Marketplace" section. (I don't normally read the WSJ, as it's not normally the paper that's there when I'm getting my caffeine...)
    Nice to see.
    07-23-13 12:29 PM
    Cool find, thanks for sharing!
    neefer likes this.
    07-23-13 12:30 PM
    What does the text read if you don't mind me asking?
    07-23-13 12:42 PM
    What does the text read if you don't mind me asking?
    WAGE BUSINESS

Introducing the new BlackBerry Q10 and Z10.
    Built to make your people unstoppable.

See them in action at blackberry.com

The image on the Z10 screen is the web browser, supposedly showing "www.fastcompany.com", and an article titled "How to schedule your day for peak creative performance"

(I'll also update my OP to include these details so people don't have to dig through the comments to find them.)
    Last edited by neefer; 07-23-13 at 01:49 PM.
    07-23-13 01:04 PM
    I'm birdman_38 and I approve that message.
    neefer likes this.
    07-23-13 01:13 PM
    Will wonders never cease:-)
    07-23-13 01:14 PM
    We'll probably see more of this as carrier coverage in the US increases. Not much sense convincing people to buy if they can't do so. In NA if you advertise to Americans, you advertise to everyone.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 04:46 PM
    Awesome to see! Makes me HAPPY!!!
    07-24-13 12:10 AM