First off, I was initially fine with the upgrade. But, as I sit here in a power outage, I cannot tether my phones Internet to my laptop. Never had an issue with this before the upgrade. If I could, I'd return to 10.2.1 but this power failure won't last forever (I hope!)

I'm also sick of these constant notification messages!!

Any help with fixing Internet tethering (both mobile Hotspot and bluetooth are not working). I'd be grateful. Thx

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 10:13 PM
    So you are frustrated with BlackBerry and not the power company? Is that correct?

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    02-22-15 10:16 PM
    I also made a thread on the constant notification even when you are in the conversation. Someone claimed this was by design... very strange that it wasnt like this in the old software or old blackberries. Its plain annoying, I find it weird that not more people are complaining about this

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 10:35 PM
    I figured out the pairing issue. Power was restored two hours ago. There is no way to turn off those annoying notifications? What, is with control freak programmers?

I love BlackBerry but I would have expected a major update like this would have explained these issues and how to correct them.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 01:13 AM
    I figured out the pairing issue. Power was restored two hours ago. There is no way to turn off those annoying notifications? What, is with control freak programmers?

I love BlackBerry but I would have expected a major update like this would have explained these issues and how to correct them.
    What was the solution to the pairing problem? Obviously the developers haven't done a thing for you, so it must have been a user error?

As for the notification problem, why would you assume it's "control freak programmers"? Aren't you at least humbled by being able to fix the pairing issue without the programmers doing a thing? Maybe it's a setting. Further, what kind of notifications are you talking about? BBM, email, system, etc.?
    02-23-15 01:19 AM
    dont know what notifications youre talking about but you can customize any and all profiles... turn off the ones you dont need to hear about....
    02-23-15 08:12 AM
    Maybe he means the help pop-up balloons giving you tips about gestures and things like that. does anyone know how to disable those? they sure are annoying
    02-23-15 09:15 AM
    I'm talking about the notifications that keep suggesting things that I don't want on my phone. You're so smart, but you don't know what the notifications are? Hmmm. I get irked when people program things that you cannot shut off. These notifications are constant and I don't have time to constantly look at my phone to see if I want a certain app. This is a work phone. I have what I need.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 09:58 AM
    I am more annoyed at that idiotic pop-up in the Hub every time I delete an email that reads "Message deleted - Undo". I thought that was one of those "features" in the early 10.3 leaks but apparently not. Glad I don't have to put up with that in BBOS7.
    02-23-15 11:19 AM
    Actually I get annoyed with the fact when I am in BBM or Whatsapp, in the conversation, it will keep giving me notifications (sound + vibration) this was not the case in any bb or older software.
    If someone is sending me a lot of messages in a short time, because I am obviously chatting with them, it gets really annoying, not to mention it keeps draining my battery as I have to use vibration now because my sound is not working properly due to another bug.

I am surprised that nobody has complained about this.
    /rant over

:-)

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 11:23 AM
    You can change that for bbm- go into settings-notifications-profile-applications-turn off vibrate and instant preview. That's what I've done for bbm and everything else. I don't need instant preview or constant notifications. Hope that helps. You can adjust any app, but you can't stop the notification in the hub- I don't want it making noise or indication.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 02:19 PM