I have for sometime been experiencing ad-hoc freezing accessing text messages. When I select a text conversation it opens up with one particular one regardless on which message I select. The text part remains blank and I am unable to send a text. If left after anything between 1 to 15 min it will start working. Updated the OS last week but same problem.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 04:03 PM
    I have for sometime been experiencing ad-hoc freezing accessing text messages. When I select a text conversation it opens up with one particular one regardless on which message I select. The text part remains blank and I am unable to send a text. If left after anything between 1 to 15 min it will start working. Updated the OS last week but same problem.

Posted via CB10
    Hi! Welcome to CB!!! Have you noticed any specific apps that you might be running that are very CPU intensive?
    10-27-13 04:23 PM
    not that I can think off. are there particular apps that are known too? the text messages stop functioning but everything else is fine.
    10-31-13 05:18 AM
    This has happened to me many times with older leaks. I haven't seen it on 10.2.

SQN100-1 10.2.0.1791
    10-31-13 06:39 AM
    Hi, Iv had my Q10 for Two days now, within 6 hours of unboxing, I had this same exact text issue. The first thing was turned of texts in the Hub, which seemed to help for a short while, then I deleted unwanted emails and texts again helped for a little while. In the end, it was just the one person whose texts I had a problem with, so what I did was start my blackberry from scratch, and only restored certain content like memos, contacts, wlan networks and password reminders, I deleted all text messages from my inbox, re-updated to 10.2, and I also changed the text theme to dark, still keeping texts off in the hub. In the last 24 hours it's worked beautifully, a bit of lag when actually typing but everything else seems fine. Hopefully BlackBerry release an update for it, seems fairly common. Good luck hope something helps.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 06:45 AM
    I think it's related to having a large amount of texts. It always happened with my thread with me sister and she's the one I text the most. BB10 needs to get better at indexing the texts for faster retrieval.

SQN100-1 10.2.0.1791
    10-31-13 07:43 AM
    I have a issue at times too. Sometimes it freezes when I go to reply in the hub and have left it on text msgs. So I can read but no reply happening so I slide right click on the person again and it works. Have had it also when a popup comes and I hit it open text msgs window and will have to do same thing re-elect the sender and then reply.

10.2 leaked
    10-31-13 08:45 AM
    Yes, unfortunately this freezing appears to be related to having very long threads or a high volume of sms. Typically, going through and "cleaning up" sms threads seems to solve this. Hopefully this is something that is or will be addressed in future software updates.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 09:05 AM
    Yes, unfortunately this freezing appears to be related to having very long threads or a high volume of sms. Typically, going through and "cleaning up" sms threads seems to solve this. Hopefully this is something that is or will be addressed in future software updates.

Posted via CB10
    I can verify this.

My wife was experiencing the same issue, first with email. She had well over 3000 emails in one account(I know right!) this was fixed when she deleted 99% of the emails. I had to explain to her general inbox maintenance.

It happened again, but this time in texts. I went thru and found around 100+ text conversations, some dating back to 2009(I know right!)
    I again explained general inbox maintenance.

Her response was, "that's stupid", and I somewhat agree, as there should be away to auto delete, set storage limits by date or size or archive messages to the SD card(Hmm app idea?)

However, having thousands of messages is not only useless, it's using resources that are unnecessary. Even though the messages are not being viewed, the phone/HUB/App still needs to have the memory for all the messages available for rendering.

The short of it is, clean out your inbox's.
    keep OM truckin likes this.
    10-31-13 10:16 AM
    I would go to hub and switch to text message only and delete all of them. A ton of SMS on the phone really slows down loading conversations
    10-31-13 03:14 PM
    10-31-13 05:22 PM
    Everything that I'm reading seems to say to avoid freezing texts need to be deleted how ever in my line of work I need to have msg for a long period of time and text threads I never had issue with my BlackBerry Bold, so I there a text app that I can use for the Q10 that I can use that will work seamless with my phone and contacts that will help me avoid this issue, I assume this will Be a temp. fix for problem until blackberry comes with a fix because my email, whatsapp, and bbm works perfect and I have a lot of emails, contacts and bbms. Someone please help any text app? And blackberry pls fix text problem!
    keep OM truckin likes this.
    11-04-13 10:36 PM
    I was losing my mind with my Q10 until I read the threads. I cleaned up my text inbox and it has worked. Thank you! (P.S. I am not loving this phone and all the issues.) And I agree a phone of this apparent magnitude should be able to store messages. It should also be able to let me assign specific ring tones for said messages and a bunch of other stuff!
    11-10-13 08:42 PM