I am looking for any suggestions as to resolving my continued problem with Q10s. I received my first one in October of last year and since have had 4 keyboards fail. Sometimes the O and other times the E will become overly sensitive and repeat etc. I am sure this has been well discussed. The last two I have received only lasted a month each. I have not replaced the last one as it just failed. I have Verizon and they indicate they may not replace with same phone this time.Perhaps I should learn how to replace the keyboards myself just so I can keep functioning? Trying to last until the Q20 comes out. Is there anyone at Blackberry who can help? Thanks!
    06-18-14 09:56 AM
    Good luck to you. My complaints to BlackBerry on this issue have beeen falling on deaf ears foer weeks.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 09:59 AM
    BlackBerry trying just recycling their inventory. You will not get a decent working Q10, they are all bad and poorly made.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 11:58 AM
    BlackBerry trying just recycling their inventory. You will not get a decent working Q10, they are all bad and poorly made.

Posted via CB10
    Sarcasm?

I have 2 q10's, 1 developed the double typing issue and had the keyboard replaced, no issues since. The other has been flawless the entire time.

So that right there disproves what you say.

Now let's bring up the crakcberry poll that showed ~50% of q10 owners having a double typing issue..... that would mean ~50% of q10's don't have the issue....

So I'm hoping that was you being sarcastic... not a liar.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 12:03 PM
    You should escalate the problem or try a z30 until the classic comes, if you are waiting for that. That's ****ty that blackberry hasn't resolved this yet
    06-18-14 12:12 PM
    Neither, every direct replacement from BlackBerry has a problem. Either loose spacebar, double typing, squeaky display, bad speakers, loose battery....

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 12:15 PM
    Hope that the previous reply is mistaken about quality control. Have seen statement in the forums that Q10s / ?Blackberrys are made only in Mexico and Canada. Is one a source of problems or both are at fault?

What is to be the fate of new units, Q5, Q20 ("Classic")?
    Last edited by bbnrs; 06-19-14 at 01:33 AM.
    06-18-14 01:04 PM
    My solution to the problem is to buy a different phone, I'm hoping to hold out until my contract's up, but I'm doubtful I'll be able to stand it that long. If BlackBerry keeps ignoring this issue, that phone won't be a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 01:59 PM
    I am at a loss as to what to do. You would think someone at Blackberry would want to help out a customer with so many failed devices? I might make a small fuss on Twitter about it and see if they respond.
    06-18-14 06:48 PM
    I am at a loss as to what to do. You would think someone at Blackberry would want to help out a customer with so many failed devices? I might make a small fuss on Twitter about it and see if they respond.
    I have sent 4 tweets oveer the past 2 weeks with no eresponses.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 07:42 PM
    Electronics aren't always perfect. In in a batch of manufactured devices, there should be at least 10% defective. On QC department, they're only humans. They could miss a defective product at any time.

At your side as a customer, you have the right to complain and ask for replacement, decide whether you switch to other platforms or stay.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 07:52 PM
    Electronics aren't always perfect. In in a batch of manufactured devices, there should be at least 10% defective. On QC department, they're only humans. They could miss a defective product at any time.

At your side as a customer, you have the right to complain and ask for replacement, decide whether you switch to other platforms or stay.

Posted via CB10
    Yep, agreed, products, especially smartphones are prone to problems. Usually they're dealt with before market release, but what separates so-so companies from great companies is how they deal with issues that show up AFTER they're on the market. Apple has always been very good in this aspect, Nokia customers complained about the low-light camera performance, and Nokia has a fix coming in the next update; Lumia Cyan update said to improve low-light performace on Lumia Icon, 1520 and 930 | Windows Phone Central
    06-18-14 09:00 PM
    I replaced mine myself but it is not real easy. Not impossible either good videos on youtube. But you want to have a set of the right tools and fairly good ones. I had an issue but was able to make it work. Anyway point is my ebay keyboard is working great so far, it has been a couple weeks.
    06-18-14 09:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    4 failures in eight months has to be beyond typical QC issues and beyond bad batch. This is more like a full recall situation. All units sold have defective keyboards. I can't imagine it being much else, with my experience anyway.
    06-19-14 12:16 AM
    Where did you get a keyboard to change?
    Sounds like dirty contacts made worse by inadequate key debounce software.
    It's stuff like this which sadly makes me think BB are on a slippery slope.
    The Amazon deal will always be a partnership of unequals.
    06-19-14 02:38 AM
    Well if Verizon is replacing the phone for you then they are sending you used units and not new ones That would explain why your keyboard is failing in about a month. If you want to really fix the problem you'll buy a brand new keyboard and install it yourself or have someone do it.
    davisgq likes this.
    06-19-14 10:24 AM
    Purchased keyboard of Ebay. Came with a few tools. Have not installed it yet. Came from China.
    06-19-14 12:13 PM
    Well if Verizon is replacing the phone for you then they are sending you used units and not new ones That would explain why your keyboard is failing in about a month. If you want to really fix the problem you'll buy a brand new keyboard and install it yourself or have someone do it.
    Most likely that is what they are doing. (Refurbed phones.)
    06-19-14 03:08 PM
    Also, I've had my Q10 since December 26 and I have NOT had any keyboard issues so far. (Knock on wood it stays that way). The only "issue" is that my keys sound extra clicky and my spacebar seems a little uneven but it works.
    06-19-14 03:10 PM
    Most likely that is what they are doing. (Refurbed phones.)
    I just called and Verizon is sending me my 5th Q10.I really don't have much choice.They phone is impossible to use currently. I would think that many of the units they are refurbishing have bad keyboards,so they should have new ones when sent out as warranty replacements. I will have sent four with bad keyboards back to them after Thursday when I get the latest replacement. Verizon is actually pretty good about handling the warrranty. If only Blackberry would admit to the problem. I have really low expectations on that. Hopefully the Foxcon built Q20 will be more reliable. It won't be hard.
    06-24-14 10:35 AM
    My last Q10 keyboard lasted about 10 months with no issues, but then it started to develop the double typing problem. Since I shattered my screen, I figured that I might as well change the keyboard too. This keyboard has only lasted a month and a half and it's already showing symptoms of double typing...

Only replace the keyboard if you're tech savvy. You don't want to go in and break something that's more important, especially now that if you have opened your phone, Verizon will not replace it.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    06-24-14 02:33 PM
    My first Q10 from AT&T never had a keyboard issue in almost a year of use...no double typing of letters or any other problems. My current Q10 which I purchased from ShopBlackBerry doesn't have any keyboard issues either. I am a heavy email and text user too. I guess I'm lucky based on the comments regarding the keyboard problems some have with their Q10's.

Bob

Posted With One Of My Unlocked BlackBerries>Q10-SQN100-5/10.2.1.2141>Z10-STL100-3/10.2.1.2273 On AT&T
    06-24-14 03:26 PM
    Q10 keyboard lasted for 6 months, microphone on new Q10 works 1 day out of 2 (works when I press on the BB back side logo strong enough, or just when it wants to...)!
    Had a Samsung 4 that fell more than 100 times on probably all kind of surfaces, never had the smallest issue with it. Bought a lot of hardware online (motherboards, cpus, ram, graphic cards etc etc etc), never had a problem...

Physical keyboard in itself is really great, BES is robust and cheap compared to many other robust and secured solutions, but it comes at the price of being a beta tester for BBRY, thanks but no thanks.

Cherry on the cake, OS & BBM are not stable, (and say I nearly had to force a lot of my contacts to install BBM). Then I look at the Passport (weird CXO fantasy) and the Classic (yeah, really average), this Q10 is probably my last BB device.
    06-24-14 04:06 PM
    I am looking for any suggestions as to resolving my continued problem with Q10s. I received my first one in October of last year and since have had 4 keyboards fail. Sometimes the O and other times the E will become overly sensitive and repeat etc. I am sure this has been well discussed. The last two I have received only lasted a month each. I have not replaced the last one as it just failed. I have Verizon and they indicate they may not replace with same phone this time.Perhaps I should learn how to replace the keyboards myself just so I can keep functioning? Trying to last until the Q20 comes out. Is there anyone at Blackberry who can help? Thanks!
    There are videos on how to open it up on youtube it doesn't seem that hard to do

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 04:23 PM
    Got the new Q10.Still had 10.1 version of OS. Probably not a good sign. I am getting used to it,but it takes quite awhile to update the OS, restore the settings from old phone etc.Keyboard works nicely. I am PRAYING this one lasts until the new Classic/Q20 comes out.
    06-27-14 07:54 AM
28 12