Device: Q10
    OS version: BB10, 10.3.3.1463
    WhatsApp version: 2.18.9

This is just a summary of information available elsewhere, but thought I would post, in case anyone finds it useful.

Of course, BB10 users don't have an "official" version of WhatsApp anymore, and there seems to be a lot of suggestions of how to install the Android build to BB10.

Some of the tutorials indicated there are many steps involved, but I think I was able to do it in just a few steps. It sounds like users with OS 10.3.3* will have an easier install, and/or maybe I had some pre-requisites installed. (?)

And maybe the user can choose a newer build of WhatsApp (?) - in any case, I was able to simply:

- go to apkmirror.com/apk/whatsapp-inc/whatsapp
    - find version 2.18.9, and download
    - install

I don't know if all the functionality is available, I just needed basic wi-fi texting with a group. Worked great, although I wasn't able to send picture attachments to my group (generic error message). I don't know much about WhatsApp, so perhaps my problem could have been solved in settings.

Hope this was a useful posting - thanks.
    02-19-18 03:16 PM
    Getting it installed and using it for text isn't the issue. People want the sending or pictures and video, which requires the other steps.
    beignetdust likes this.
    02-19-18 03:24 PM
    Ok, that makes sense. I think the dating of the various blogs I read also was confusing. I think I did read a blog from about 2015 that gave 2 sets of instructions for install. One was for for BB10 with a lower patch level, and those instructions were longer. The other was for 10.3.3* , and it seemed to indicate the simpler install. But I'm not sure what the desired level of functionality was for the blog writer.

Thanks for the clarification
    02-19-18 05:49 PM
    Yep. You can actually get the apk download directly from the official Whatsapp site here:

https://www.whatsapp.com/android/

And the main CB thread for help with getting the media sharing (being able to send photos) functioning properly is here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1108531
    beignetdust likes this.
    02-19-18 06:28 PM
    I cant find the post I initially used, but I got whatap running o my Q10, cant do photos, but I just got an alert about a newer version. Should I update the whatsap?
    03-18-18 06:56 PM
    Yes, once you've downloaded this... immediately after opening the application and registering, there is an update that is provided to you (click update). After this you have an app inside BlackBerry world WhatsApp fixer, just download it and follow the steps (really easy steps). After that you could even send media files and other attachments too. Many might know all of this, but just in case...

Have a good day all
    06-19-18 01:28 PM
    Hey anyone tell me that solution
    I'm using blackberry q10 after installed whatsapp.apk
    My contact show duplicate how to fix that

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Fret Madden; 06-21-18 at 11:58 PM.
    06-21-18 11:17 PM
    bb z10
    10-29-18 05:50 PM
    You can get it from the official. Whatsapp website tbh

Posted via CB10
    10-30-18 03:14 PM
    WhatsApp
    03-18-19 03:01 PM
    I got my whatsapp from the official whatsapp website

Posted from my favorite Q10
    04-04-19 01:17 PM