Dear all, remember all my posts about waiting so much the Z30?
    Remember my posts about first impressions about the awesome Z30?
    So I've decided : need a more compact phone, so the Q10 is the only form that I've desired.
    Take it second hand (around 100 euro...) and I'm very happy!
    The good:
    - so very practical
    - awesome shortcuts from the keyboard
    - a real business man phone
    - prediction in my language (romanian) is very effective I'd say more efective than on Z10 and 30

The bad ( of course compared also with my Z30):
    - my typping speed has decreased- typping on the 30 is like you are flying...
    - having problem with the alt and up key, I'm not put the finger right on them... this need practice...
    - I'm feeling a little the difference between the two processors : 1.7 from 30 and this 1.5 from the Q.
    - the quality of the pictures...something I'm missing here : it's not the same camera from Zed's ? I'm imagine that at the 30 is a software upgrade but the difference in everything is noticeable.

Q10 owner
    11-03-14 11:31 AM
    Glad you are happy with the Q10 now! Enjoy!
    11-03-14 01:04 PM
    Very rare to see someone 'step down' from a Z30 to a Q10. I've only ever seen people move in the other direction.

Nevertheless, the Q10 is a serious work machine. The superb keyboard and small screen work very well together, and battery life, whilst nowhere as good as a Z30, still outperforms any other smartphone (bar a phablet) out there.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 08:07 PM
    having problem with the alt and up key
    This. I always confuse the two. Damn you PC keyboards!
    11-03-14 09:35 PM
    Very rare to see someone 'step down' from a Z30 to a Q10. I've only ever seen people move in the other direction.

Nevertheless, the Q10 is a serious work machine. The superb keyboard and small screen work very well together, and battery life, whilst nowhere as good as a Z30, still outperforms any other smartphone (bar a phablet) out there.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not considering that is a step down for sure another level of understanding and prioritize my needs. The only problem of Z30 is the dimension. If it was 4.5 inch it was Perfect!

Q10 owner
    11-03-14 11:34 PM
    True. The Z30 was the top of the range before the Passport came along, though. But yeah, people who prefer the smaller Q10 are definitely in the minority. The majority of folks are going for larger phones.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 12:03 AM
    True. The Z30 was the top of the range before the Passport came along, though. But yeah, people who prefer the smaller Q10 are definitely in the minority. The majority of folks are going for larger phones.

Posted via CB10
    I moved from the Z10 to the Q10 and I think there are threads from folks who moved from Note, iPhones to the Q10. It all depends on what truly matters to you.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    11-04-14 12:11 AM
    Unfortunately BlackBerry it is not watching to this category of users. I was in a shop yesterday and if you look at the phones panel you can see clear 60 percent are less than 4.5 inch which is ok. The other part is larger. I've seen also a iphone user looking to the biggest iphone 6+ and was horripilate by this dimension.. it is totally unpractical and they fell like the Apple company left them...hi hi, nice to see them lost in the maze...

Q10 owner
    11-04-14 12:37 AM
    I've both Q10 and Z30. Although I was using as my primary phone the Z30 as the Q was with the double typing issue, I sent it for repair and now I'm using back the Q as my primary phone (using the excuse "just to confirm it was properly repaid"). I find it much more easy to handle and the keyboard Oh gosh nothing compares. I don't know for how long I'll keep testing if properly repaired but so far I'm enjoying it a lot.

On the PP well I have mixed feelings. I saw one at Jo'burg airport and the thing is huge! I think I'll wait a bit till decide if it fits my needs or if I should go to the Classic. Probably I'll wait a bit so I can check whether the PP has the double typing issue and other problems within the next months and than I took a decision. In the meantime I'm enjoying a lot the Q although Z is waiting for me anytime.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 07:42 AM
    I was one who switched from note2 to Q10. Big phones are nice but I got tired of carrying it around. Especially when using it for calls. Plus all the stuff on it was ridiculous! I hardly used the S-pen! Lol then lack of privacy because if I was out in public people could view my screen really well and would read my text conversation very awkward! Every phone has their pros and cons. It's preference. I prefer compact and kb. I'm not a big app user. I love the calendar, hub, email, text, on this phone better! And I absolutely hate virtual keyboards! I'd sacrifice a big screen any day to click on an actual keyboard. The form factor is beautiful on the Q! And the security is the best so I feel safe.

Posted from my Fabulous Q10
    11-04-14 07:56 AM