i purchase blackberry q10 2 and half years ago and i forgot my blackberry ID and i update it unknowingly one month back from that day on words it is asking for blackberry ID this is my first smart phone so please guide me to rectify it
    02-20-19 10:14 AM
    i purchase blackberry q10 2 and half years ago and i forgot my blackberry ID and i update it unknowingly one month back from that day on words it is asking for blackberry ID this is my first smart phone so please guide me to rectify it
    Unless you can suddenly remember that ID and password, might as well toss it in the trash. You now have a brick.

There are some that claim ways to get around it, but no one I trust on this site has been able to confirm that the process works.

Unless @conite knows differently.
    02-20-19 10:53 AM
    Should be your email address for back 2-1/2 years ago when you set it up....

With that you can go to the BBID Password recovery site on BlackBerry.com.

If you lost access to that account... and it's got Theft Protection installed (standard for the last few years)... things get very tricky.
    02-20-19 10:57 AM
    Hey Umar,

This is really tough. It depends on whether you have anti-theft protection enabled as DDD mentioned. As he mentioned, do you have any idea what e-mail address you might have used?
    02-20-19 02:08 PM
    Forgot that BB Protect may not even be on. Wonder if there's a way to determine what OS is on it. If it's older than 10.3.2, maybe an older autoloader can be used and create a new BBID.

10.3.2 with the block-list preventing downgrading came out in early 2015. That's earlier than 2 1/2 years ago that the OP says the phone was purchased - guessing maybe mid-2016?.

But, the Q10 production run stopped in late 2013, so, unless it was purchased as new through BlackBerry (unlikely in 2016) and they actually updated the OS before sale, it's possible the phone still has an older OS - maybe even 10.2.0 - running on it.

I'm making a lot of assumptions here.
    02-20-19 04:07 PM