I'm still a relatively young lad (25), so my experience with phones may not be as broad as some of the older generation. However I still remember the day I got my first phone (the Nokia 3310 which I still own!). Throughout the years I have owned many other phones from Nokia, Samsung (flip phone), Motorola, BlackBerry and IPHONE. Yet the Q10 is the only phone I've ever owned that has 'the spark'. I don't know what it is about the Q10, but every time I lift the phone I still get that buzz. To me that is what makes this phone so special and such a pleasure to use (for me). For all blackberries downfalls throughout the years, through all the hate and struggles they managed to produce an absolute gem and for that I applaud them!
    I sincerely hope blackberry manage to regain their popularity and continue to produce such epic devices.
    I just wanted to show some love, and show my support. Something I plan to keep doing for many years to come.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 06:56 PM
    Great thread!
    BerryAdmirer likes this.
    12-26-13 07:02 PM
    Well put. I get the same feeling.

Posted via CB10
    yung berry likes this.
    12-26-13 07:04 PM
    Great post. I also believe that if more people just experienced the Blackberry 10 (especially the 10.2.1.xxxx), Blackberry would have a hard time keeping up with supply and demand instead of overstocking.

Posted via CB10
    Refayah and yung berry like this.
    12-26-13 07:13 PM
    10 months on and my Z10 still gets me all giddy every time I pick it up.

Z10 STL100-3 | 10.2.1.1259 | Bell | posted via CB10
    12-26-13 07:14 PM
    I have the same feelings as you. There is just something about this phone! Sometimes i dont even have anything to do one the phone, but i just randomly swipe to the hub and swipe here and there. Best damn phone EVER!

All Black all BlackBerry-thing!
    edu3110 and tempered like this.
    12-26-13 07:52 PM
    I'm still a relatively young lad (25), so my experience with phones may not be as broad as some of the older generation. However I still remember the day I got my first phone (the Nokia 3310 which I still own!). Throughout the years I have owned many other phones from Nokia, Samsung (flip phone), Motorola, BlackBerry and IPHONE. Yet the Q10 is the only phone I've ever owned that has 'the spark'. I don't know what it is about the Q10, but every time I lift the phone I still get that buzz. To me that is what makes this phone so special and such a pleasure to use (for me). For all blackberries downfalls throughout the years, through all the hate and struggles they managed to produce an absolute gem and for that I applaud them!
    I sincerely hope blackberry manage to regain their popularity and continue to produce such epic devices.
    I just wanted to show some love, and show my support. Something I plan to keep doing for many years to come.

Posted via CB10
    Very very well said, I'm old and using BB for long time, and I still get a buzz when I have it in my hand.

Posted from my Z30
    12-26-13 08:12 PM

Posted via CB10
    This sounds similar to my phone journey (sans the iPhone).
    I get the same feeling with the Q10, it is by far the best phone I have ever used.
    Glad to hear you like it so much.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 08:51 PM
    Yah man it's a beautiful phone. I've had the Q10 since AT&T launched it, and I love just looking at it, polishing fingerprints off the screen, admiring the bevel on the edge, pressing on the frets with my fingernails to remind myself they are not cheap squeeky plastic like before, and holding it at different angles to feel how that rubberized back keeps it stuck on my hand without the need for a case. I am just waiting for an official release of 10.2.1 to make this the ultimate phone for me. :-P It's SO close! Just missing a few features I loved from legacy devices in the new OS, but the update will add them back. :-)

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-27-13 12:36 AM
    I'm your age and love my Q10 too. I love my Z10 as well, but the Q10 just feels more right to me.

I've been using BlackBerrys since 2007, since I was like 19, and never looked back. I don't care if everyone my age has moved on to other types of phones.. I'll never relinquish the full keyboard!
    12-27-13 12:59 AM
    Thanks for the great comments guys! The community here at Crackberry is amazing, you just don't find it anywhere else.
    I really can't wait for the official 10.2 update to be released here in the UK, I've read some really positive threads about it. I'm looking forward to gaining some of these legacy benefits being added, it's like waiting for Christmas all over again lol

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 06:40 AM
    Very very well said, I'm old and using BB for long time, and I still get a buzz when I have it in my hand.

Posted from my Z30
    Turn the vibrating off?

Nice OP.
    loyalIND, nack and dannykavs like this.
    12-27-13 07:56 AM
    Q10 love. Don't knock it 'till you try it.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 08:30 AM

Posted via CB10
    I couldn't agree more, I'm around your age as well (23) and I think it's our generation that has a true love and passion for cellphones. I too have had numerous phones, ranging from the same Nokia you mentioned, to the blackberry storm, storm 2, tour, bold 9650, bold 9900, Z 10, Q10, and also the iphone 4s - 5s. No phone or brand gives me the feeling a blackberry does. I feel it's our generation. My father, (57) collects trains, old Lionel sets and whatnot, he has some models that are 40+ years old. That his Hobbie or "passion", while us young folks grew up with technology they were hard wired with tangible toys. Good post bud

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and Morty2264 like this.
    12-27-13 08:41 AM
    The Q10 is the perfect form factor both in size and weight to make it the perfect communication device with an excellent keyboard providing no-hassle data entry.

I love the HUB which allows me to quickly access messaging functionality without two hands.

No mobile device is as secure as the BB10 line!

I knew buying the Q10, I would have to sacrifice screen size for productivity but that has not been a big issue after purchasing a Playbook 64GB wifi on EBay.

The latest Blackberry Bridge allows the Playbook to automatically utilize the Q10's mobile connection via a Bluetooth connection when WIFI is unavaible. While connected, the Bridge app on the Q10 turns the phone into a wireless keyboard/mouse pointer for the Playbook. This comes in handy for remote desktop needs. I am even able share web pages from the Q10 to view the Playbook. AMAZING!

So, I have the Q10 for my core, efficient communication needs and the Playbook when I want larger display for web access using the ultimate tablet browser, The Origami Browser...the best of both worlds while only paying for a single mobile account. An unbeatible solution: Blackberry, Don't give up on the Playbook!

All that is missing is the latest Flash updates for both devices or at least be able to stream the Q10 desktop to the Playbook.
    12-27-13 09:06 AM

Posted via CB10

Posted Via CB10/SQN100-3 luvn leak 10.2.1.1055
    12-27-13 09:19 AM

Posted via CB10
    Agreed! But where dowe go from here!? I really !?hope the new interim ceo will keep on the path so well wait to see wha moew

Posted Via CB10/SQN100-3 luvn leak 10.2.1.1055
    12-27-13 09:22 AM
    When I was in my 20's, I used to think "old people" knew they were old. As an "old person," I can say, it doesn't quite happen that way. Time passes so fast and imperceptibly that a lot of times you only feel old when young people tell you that you are. So I got a chuckle out of this:

[QUOTE=mikebanjany;9766930] "... My father, (57) collects trains, old Lionel sets and whatnot, he has some models that are 40+ years old. That his Hobbie or "passion", while us young folks grew up with technology they were hard wired with tangible toys...."

I am definitely part of "they" (50+), but "hardwired?" I don't think so--but I could be wrong. I started out with a fat Motorola flip phone that was like holding a block of cheese to your ear in the early 1990's. I owned a couple Nokias, a Samsung slider, three BlackBerry phones: Pearl, Bold 9700 (followed by an iPhone for 5 days on a "Just try it, you'll like it" offer from AT&T--didn't like it), and a Bold 9900, before my current Q10. The loss of some functionality and apps from the 9900 to the Q10 made the transition initially uncomfortable, but I now love my Q--even though I am old.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 10:34 AM
    [QUOTE=lpthomasson;9767362]When I was in my 20's, I used to think "old people" knew they were old. As an "old person," I can say, it doesn't quite happen that way. Time passes so fast and imperceptibly that a lot of times you only feel old when young people tell you that you are. So I got a chuckle out of this:

"... My father, (57) collects trains, old Lionel sets and whatnot, he has some models that are 40+ years old. That his Hobbie or "passion", while us young folks grew up with technology they were hard wired with tangible toys...."

I am definitely part of "they" (50+), but "hardwired?" I don't think so--but I could be wrong. I started out with a fat Motorola flip phone that was like holding a block of cheese to your ear in the early 1990's. I owned a couple Nokias, a Samsung slider, three BlackBerry phones: Pearl, Bold 9700 (followed by an iPhone for 5 days on a "Just try it, you'll like it" offer from AT&T--didn't like it), and a Bold 9900, before my current Q10. The loss of some functionality and apps from the 9900 to the Q10 made the transition initially uncomfortable, but I now love my Q--even though I am old.

Posted via CB10
    Keep an eye out on these forums for 10.2.1 going official. You can then sideload it from a different carrier since you'll likely die of old age waiting for AT&T to release it OTA. It'll add some of the missing features back. I'm anxiously waiting because I loved some of these features in my Bolds... Mainly the one-button homescreen speed dialing.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-27-13 10:48 AM
    You got that right! I am waiting for the official 10.2 release from AT&T and it's taking forever!

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 11:01 AM
    Great post. I also believe that if more people just experienced the Blackberry 10 (especially the 10.2.1.xxxx), Blackberry would have a hard time keeping up with supply and demand instead of overstocking.
    I fell in love with BlackBerry 10 when it was still 10.0 and cost almost $750, what more when it's now 10.2.1 and $300?

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    12-27-13 11:23 AM
    Agree 100%. And hope that blackberry will go up. People just need to try it!

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 11:35 AM
    OP; what you refer to as "the spark", a lot of us here have experienced in years past with our BlackBerry's. The Spark (as you've used it) perhaps is the new name for that essence, that thing which earned BlackBerry's their nickname "CrackBerry." That buzz, indeed.

Posted from BitPusher's Q10
    12-27-13 01:06 PM
    Very well put OP.. now I feel like dumping my Z10 and jumping to Q10!
    12-27-13 01:12 PM
    OP; what you refer to as "the spark", a lot of us here have experienced in years past with our BlackBerry's. The Spark (as you've used it) perhaps is the new name for that essence, that thing which earned BlackBerry's their nickname "CrackBerry." That buzz, indeed.

Posted from BitPusher's Q10
    Haha I like this. From all the other people I speak to who have other phones, they never seem to have 'the spark'. Yet most blackberry users do, and that is why they are so passionate about there phones. To me that is one of the most important aspects

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 04:03 PM
38 12