ok, not exactly fixed but i at least wanted to share my findings on random reboots on my q10.

i did not experience random reboots until i upgraded to leaked OS .4543, well at least it seemed to be tied to that. it now appears i have narrowed it down to IMPACT to the phone. i was actually able to replicate it several times after it randomly rebooted, and got it to "randomly" reboot again during the boot up. although i cracked open the phone and checked the seating for battery it appeared pretty snug. nevertheless giving it some impact against a table or hard object it bounced yet again. i havent gone thru "testing" of using matters to more securely fit the battery, but i would suggest giving that a go.

just wanted to bring this to alls attention, as it may in fact NOT be related to software but rather the battery fitment. please comment if you were also able to replicate a "random reboot" using impact. thanks.
    08-01-13 11:19 AM
    Battery fitment used to cause them in some of the older blackberries too. Always something I test if i am getting rebooting.
    08-01-13 04:56 PM
    I figured that was the case for my Q10 as well. Been kind of testing it. I noticed there was a little give between the battery door and the battery. I placed a piece if folder paper towel between the two to reduce this. I have YET to experience a random reboot.

Posted via Pilot's Q10
    08-01-13 09:30 PM
    I wonder if you are able to solve this "re-booting" problem if you use a case for your Q10. I am having the same problem as well.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 01:18 AM
    I am definitely getting random rebooting (seems more frequent now) and it seems to be related to contact on the phone. I've had it happen putting into the holster, placing it down on a table (I'm not dropping it or throwing it).

Just got it to happen while typing this message and I have figured out how to make it happen. I don't know the exact cause, but it seems to be related to something physical with the phone, especially light knocks to the bottom part of the phone.

I will post a couple of videos shortly about this. Sorry I deleted the first one because it wasn't working properly on my PC, obviously others could see it.
    Last edited by mf1982; 08-02-13 at 03:41 PM.
    08-02-13 03:25 PM
    my phone has been rebooting too. And i actually think there is somethign to this theory of it being a physical thing.

I placed by phone that a little hard, and it rebooted. I didnt think much of it until I saw this thread

EDIT: I just tested it by doing the SAME exact thing as the video above. and it is indeed the reason why it rebooted. Hmm....strange
    08-02-13 03:34 PM
    Ok, here they are:

The problem:

08-02-13 05:41 PM
    The fix:
    gabbleratchet and Ben Sun like this.
    08-02-13 05:42 PM
    mine is behaving the same way too
    i'll try your solution, thx
    08-03-13 02:22 AM
    Hi

I have the same issue on my Q10.
    Wondering because i got more reboots with latest firmware (MR).

So it seems to be a software problem but got rebooting like in the youtube video!

Also i have this on my Z10.

Try to fix it now with inserting of a piece of paper.

Alex

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 05:42 PM
    Yep. Ditto. AT&T sent me out a new battery and a new device (in case the new battery didn't fix the problem) but regardless it is a "hardware problem." 5 days in with the new battery and I cannot reproduce the problem which was simply placing my device down.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 11:12 PM
    My Q10 has exactly the same issues. Even lightly put in the table, it is probably rebooted. I had been wondering if it was caused by firmware. I followed your method by adding a piece of hard paper in the battery and finally solve the problem.

It took me a lot of trouble to remove back cover as I used “double faced adhesive tape” to solve back cover loose issues. So I finally got that why BlackBerry will sell the company.
    09-04-13 09:57 PM
    try cleaning the battery contacts of the phone, did that and the reboots upon impacts was gone.

sent from bbq10
    09-05-13 09:17 AM