I decided to wait for the Q10 to arrive at the Verizon stores to decide whether I will be making the move. I had to confirm I could comfortably use it with one hand before I would consider it. My top five reasons for making the switch:

1. Blackberry Remember. I have to often compile attachments, information from websites, messages, and pictures to prepare discussion on issues or to prepare cost estimates. While I won't be doing this work from my phone, I often have to reference something from a project to make the precious little time I have with clients more productive. I like that remember is not a cloud service.

2. Flash. As a sports nut I am sick of not being able to watch videos on ESPN. Thank you Blackberry!

3. Browser Speed. First see number 2. Not much to say other than my 9930's browser is almost intolerable.

4. Screen. Slightly larger than my 9930, makes viewing everything just a little easier.

5. Gestures. My playbook is so glitchy, but the gesture based UI is brilliant. I find that gestures don't have to be as precise as aiming and pecking. If Blackberry can build on this, I will be even happier.
    06-12-13 09:57 AM
    Like me too in the same boat, you will absolutely LUV the Q10!!!
    It did take me a better half of a day to adjust and to learn the gestures!

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 10:10 AM
    I love my Q10 I just got it and I am trying to learn all the new features and gestures! This keyboard rocks! It is so enjoyable to type on this thing!

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 10:38 AM
    Once you learn the features of the Q10 you will NOT be disappointed!

This is the best device I have ever had!

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 01:33 PM
    so,

I meant what I said, but I started this thread as an experiment. The thread about five negative things drew tons of response, whereas my positive 5 got little response. maybe we deserve the grief we receive if we only give attention to the negative threads...

If we find the thread unhelpful, I guess the best thing to do is let it die
    go1ndr likes this.
    06-12-13 10:44 PM
    That thread garnered a lot of attention because:

1. OP didn't even use it and complained about it not being like her 9900. Fair enough but...

2. Making so many assumptions without even trying it and complaining about it is naive and results in...

3. Rabid fanboys who take it to heart and bash the OP. Which is crazy and immature so...

5. The rest of us had to make up for dumb fanboy stupidity. Which shouldn't have to happen because...

6. The Q10 is a great device and if the OP had taken the time to actually use the Q10 they probably would not have made the thread in the first place. And lastly...

7. All the people who joined Crackberry to agree with the OP making the thread enormous thus making a nightmare scenario where bloggers, shorters, and media can take it and spin it negatively. I know this happens here. If people don't think Crackberry is being overrun by these people they are being unrealistic. There really is nothing we can do about it because we are then just called fanboys and that means we are dumb.

This thread is nice. So sadly nobody cares. I do and I hope you enjoy your new Q10 as much as I know I will.
    go1ndr likes this.
    06-12-13 11:23 PM
    I decided to wait for the Q10 to arrive at the Verizon stores to decide whether I will be making the move. I had to confirm I could comfortably use it with one hand before I would consider it. My top five reasons for making the switch:

1. Blackberry Remember. I have to often compile attachments, information from websites, messages, and pictures to prepare discussion on issues or to prepare cost estimates. While I won't be doing this work from my phone, I often have to reference something from a project to make the precious little time I have with clients more productive. I like that remember is not a cloud service.

2. Flash. As a sports nut I am sick of not being able to watch videos on ESPN. Thank you Blackberry!

3. Browser Speed. First see number 2. Not much to say other than my 9930's browser is almost intolerable.

4. Screen. Slightly larger than my 9930, makes viewing everything just a little easier.

5. Gestures. My playbook is so glitchy, but the gesture based UI is brilliant. I find that gestures don't have to be as precise as aiming and pecking. If Blackberry can build on this, I will be even happier.
    Number 4 is only partly true. Reading text is actually easier on the 9900 because the"double tap" on the Q10 does not make the font large enough. I encourage 9900 owners to take their phone to the store and run some websites on both phones. Yes the Q10 is faster but try reading the text. Maybe this will not be a problem for you but it was for me. In some situations "reader mode" will be the answer but not all sites ( most blogs) reader mode will not be available. As I said try surfing the net with the phone before you buy.
    06-12-13 11:40 PM
    The phone is awesome. Congrats!my fingers just remembered today how to use the physical keyboard again quickly. Absolutely love it!!!

Posted via Q10
    06-12-13 11:42 PM
  9. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Q10 really rocks!!…. not missing my bold 9900 at all …….
    06-13-13 12:13 AM
    Number 4 is only partly true. Reading text is actually easier on the 9900 because the"double tap" on the Q10 does not make the font large enough. I encourage 9900 owners to take their phone to the store and run some websites on both phones. Yes the Q10 is faster but try reading the text. Maybe this will not be a problem for you but it was for me. In some situations "reader mode" will be the answer but not all sites ( most blogs) reader mode will not be available. As I said try surfing the net with the phone before you buy.
    I did and did not notice what you experienced. I browsed espn just fine, in fact I browsed the non mobile site with a double tap and didn't notice any issues.
    06-13-13 12:14 AM
    I did and did not notice what you experienced. I browsed espn just fine, in fact I browsed the non mobile site with a double tap and didn't notice any issues.
    Not just me ... for example see:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-great-769455/

I will go back to the store and try the Q10 on ESPN. My 9900 is OK but the Q10 was not satisfactory - but I will report back. I use Oilers Nation as my litmus test. Any favorite blog site will do.
    At least on the Z10 there is the landscape option. My main point is that consumers need to be aware and test out the browser for yourself before you buy - for myself this issue is big but for others not a problem.
    Thanks
    06-13-13 09:16 AM

I kniw what you mean, but try " R page " and reading experience is great
    06-13-13 09:30 AM
    I love my Q10 I just got it and I am trying to learn all the new features and gestures! This keyboard rocks! It is so enjoyable to type on this thing!

Posted via CB10
    Agreed!!! Touch typing literally made me rip my hair out. I know I type correctly on my previous android s3 but to no end it would never type correctly and that drove me nutts.

I do use a samsung android tablet for work and it's mildly better for typing but the qwerty keyboard on the Q10 trumps everything. Much much much better and more accurate to type. A no brainer!!!

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 10:16 AM
    I love my Z10 but I'm really feeling the need for the Q10.. i need to see if I can sell my Z.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 10:34 AM
    I kniw what you mean, but try " R page " and reading experience is great
    what is that?
    06-13-13 12:03 PM
    ESPN is a mixture of too many facets. Oilers Nation is just pictures and text and is a better test. Bonus - learn about a pathetic hockey team.

The 9900 after a double tap is much easier to read than the Q10. You could hold the 9900 twice as far as the Q10 from your face and easily read the script. Basically on a BB10 you better hope whatever page you are on has a reader mode. In my books this is a "epic fail" and enough for me to go in a different direction. I really, really wanted to like the Z10 but there is no way at this time.

By the way, Nexus 4 using chrome is far better than the 9900 or Q10 even with no taps - far and away superior in this one test.

Having said the above - just my opinion - you just have to try it out on many different sites to see if you, the potential buyer, is satisfied.
    06-13-13 05:34 PM
  17. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    the video quality ia amazing on the Q10 also .. love to watch Youtube … stereo awesome!
    06-13-13 06:02 PM
    Like me too in the same boat, you will absolutely LUV the Q10!!!
    It did take me a better half of a day to adjust and to learn the gestures!

Posted via CB10
    I picked your post to reply to but could have on any. Like many of you, I have read and researched everything I could find on the Q10 as I wanted to know all I could prior to picking mine up next week when ATT finally has them in the states. That said this is one of the best finds I've run across and hope that it helps others as well. Good luck!
    "Full List of Shortcut Tips for the Q10" The full list of BlackBerry Q10 keyboard shortcuts | CrackBerry.com
    06-13-13 06:16 PM
    That thread garnered a lot of attention because:

1. OP didn't even use it and complained about it not being like her 9900. Fair enough but...

2. Making so many assumptions without even trying it and complaining about it is naive and results in...

3. Rabid fanboys who take it to heart and bash the OP. Which is crazy and immature so...

5. The rest of us had to make up for dumb fanboy stupidity. Which shouldn't have to happen because...

6. The Q10 is a great device and if the OP had taken the time to actually use the Q10 they probably would not have made the thread in the first place. And lastly...

7. All the people who joined Crackberry to agree with the OP making the thread enormous thus making a nightmare scenario where bloggers, shorters, and media can take it and spin it negatively. I know this happens here. If people don't think Crackberry is being overrun by these people they are being unrealistic. There really is nothing we can do about it because we are then just called fanboys and that means we are dumb.

This thread is nice. So sadly nobody cares. I do and I hope you enjoy your new Q10 as much as I know I will.
    Really well stated eddy_berry! Thank you! One thing you notice when you look at the Q10 forum is how many brand new members that there are on here. I for one have been on CB for years--maybe 5 or 6 and I can't ever remember this many newbies on a forum before. Certainly on the 9810/9900 forums it isn't like this. Once in a while you find a troll but they are usually not responded to and they just go away.

Myself, like most others on here and other forums, are here for two purposes--one to help others with issues they have with their devices, and two, to get help with our devices should that need arise. I have often times posted a problem with one of the devices I've had, or maybe regarding some conflicts with an upgraded OS or leak, but I have never gone on here to just "bash" an OP or a device. These forums have no place for those types of threads.

I just want to thank everyone on here that is positive and helpful. The new OS may not be perfect--none are when they first hit the street-- but patience is the key with any new OS. No one, including the people at BB want to have issues with their builds and everyone, including the people at BB are always working very hard to eliminate the issues as they appear with constant updates.

We are actually lucky when you look online at some of the issues with other devices/OS's and what's being done to fix them. That said, I am looking forward to being a productive member of this forum as I hope I have been on the 9810 forum for the last few years--and the forums before that. Thanks to the OP for the thread and good luck to everyone.
    eddy_berry likes this.
    06-13-13 06:30 PM
    ^^ Also very well said.
    go1ndr likes this.
    06-13-13 06:57 PM